Harasaki

Harasaki

Oct 21, 2019
I've never had a real friend and I'm at the point that I just gave up trying to make one, it's better admit that I'll be alone until the day I ctb. What I wanted to know is if there's a way to stop feeling the need of human interaction, is it possible to feel satisfied even though I have no one? I feel terrible everyday and I cry every night just wishing I could be sociable like everyone around me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Hennessy, 837 and 10 others
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
sorry you feel this way :(. we need to be around people and human interaction is essentially what keeps up sane and its so vital. whenever im the most alone or just isolated is when i get 10000 times worse. i have to constantly be around people, even if im not talking to them per se, to feel less alone. perhaps just surrounding yourself amongst a crowd of people, for ex, a gym, recreational activities if you're at school, through work like retail is a start.

outside of those things if you choose not to want to try those, ask yourself this. why do you want these interactions? whats the purpose? what do you wanna gain from these potential interactions? it seems like stupid questions, but for some people including myself, i try and get love and acceptance out of being around people because i struggle with loving and accepting myself. if you really wanna do this without any sort of interaction or going down that route, loving and accepting yourself, having and being there for yourself when no ones there for you is the strength that i wish i find in life.

I and as well as dozens of others on this forum would love to be you're friend.

hope you feel better.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Circles, StillWaiting and 2 others
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
To me acceptance came slowly.

Reactions: Circles and azucaramargo
Lethe

Lethe

Fey
Sep 19, 2019
I met all my friends online. Honestly, it's easier and more satisfying. You can actually meet people who share interests, instead of settling for whatever schmucks are in your environment. Plus I'm way better at typing that talking.

• Love
Reactions: ScorpiusDragon, 837, puppy9 and 4 others
StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
I don't really have any solutions. Tried making online friends but most of them just don't care the way you want to care for you.
The only coping mechanism I have is to read comics, stories or watch shows that make me like different characters and forget about myself. It gets lonely but it kinda sucks to hope to get along with someone and not turn out the way you want.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles
W

wendydong1

Experienced
Jul 31, 2019
i was alone in most of my 20s. I would go to college class/work alone, get food take outs alone, sleep alone, etc. go to movie theater alone, i even went to baseaball games by myself. You sort of just get used to it. i did keep myself occupied, do things, but always alone doing them. But u just don't think about it.

• Hugs
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Even when I was with people or in an involvement (they were not real relationships) I was alone lol! It was very weird. It's like somehow I lacked the ability to really connect or bond.

Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
While I have a couple friends irl, I suck at interacting most of the time. Online friends are better, and I have more friends on SS than anywhere else.

RealLostSoul

RealLostSoul

once rock bottom, always rock bottom
Oct 11, 2019
nah there is no such way. human interaction is biologically bound to us because it was evolutionary necessary. isolation is a pain reaction just like physical pain. the only way to cure it is to get back into the world of humans. but it sucks out there, i know that shit too well. i am isolated myself too but thats just how it is brah.

Reactions: charlottewilts, TearyEyedQueen and Circles
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
There have been scientific studies about loneliness. What they've generally found is that lonely people live shorter less healthy lives. As mentioned a few times already above, human interaction is a biological imperative.

I always think of the elephant when it comes to this subject. The elephant is supposedly the only creature that can literally die of loneliness. I think that humans are like the elephant in this aspect and one day it will be validated. By then technology will have driven such a wedge between us all that I think it'll be too late.

Reactions: TearyEyedQueen
Ko9

Ko9

Student
Jun 30, 2019
Being alone activates the same parts of the brain that are active when we feel physical pain. Humans are social creatures, social creatures survive if they are smart and attractive enough. Hard part to swallow but it is survival of the fittest in this world. Just another reason to hate being here.

Reactions: TearyEyedQueen, 837 and Brick In The Wall
passenger27

passenger27

In my beginning is my end.
Aug 25, 2019
I can be in a crowd of 1000 people and still feel alone. It's always been that way for me. Really, books have been my best and only true friends.

Reactions: malummo
TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
As someone who's been rather lonely most of their life… Sadly I don't think it's ever fully possible.
You may think you need no one for most days, but there's always that one day when you start thinking and getting bitter and jealous of everyone else living their life to the fullest which sends you further into depression.
It's just in our DNA to be with other humans so not much can be done about it from my experience :(

J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
I've never had a real friend and I'm at the point that I just gave up trying to make one, it's better admit that I'll be alone until the day I ctb. What I wanted to know is if there's a way to stop feeling the need of human interaction, is it possible to feel satisfied even though I have no one? I feel terrible everyday and I cry every night just wishing I could be sociable like everyone around me.
You're suffering because society has programmed you to believe that you need interaction with other people, and that something is wrong with you if you don't do that.
But perhaps you are more spiritually intelligent than most other people, which is perhaps why you don't feel a true connection with them. And in truth, that is a good thing, because you are a spiritual being on a journey.
And if you can learn to embrace that journey, then it can take you to somewhere wonderful, within yourself.
The people that seem to have it easy now, may have to go through what you are going through now later in life, or in their next incarnation.
So you are ahead of the curve, and in reality better off than those people....

It is totally possible to be complete in yourself, without needing anything, apart from the basic needs of the body.
That's because inside of you is a powerful spirit that you are, if you can learn to be still and connect with it.
You just have to be willing to climb your own spiritual mountain.

I suggest watching videos of spiritual teacher, Barry Long

e.g. You could make a start with :

Ness

Ness

They/Them pronouns, please
Aug 28, 2019
Personally, I don't like spending so much time with other people because it tires me out easily. But I took some time to learn how to create things on my laptop, like writing or edits, and I like to share those online purely for the validation. People liking my stuff and sharing it with others helps me. Of course, that does leave me with the things I create that no one seems to notice, which does the opposite. So a bit of a two-sided thing.