Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
(This is sort of a follow up to a previous thread of mine, sort of late-night rambling.)

I connected with someone on this site that exists as a platform for people to find others for platonic cuddle buddies and we met up today. It was in public, for everyone's safety's sake, and it wasn't a bad time. We didn't really "cuddle", just sat pretty close together as you would with someone you actually knew and hadn't just met and knew basically nothing about. It was okay. Except they were so talkative. With my brain the way it is these days, I have very limited processing power most of the time, and it was so draining. I participated in the conversation too but felt I had to as it's paradoxically less draining than just listening. It wasn't restorative, wasn't the experience I have been missing but that's only part of what bugged me.

I was feeling this at the time but as I was heading home, I just felt like ass because it's so representative of the disease that living is. We want this very one particular thing (in my case tender human contact, but in SPECIFICALLY SUCH A WAY) and it is almost worse when you almost get it but something isn't quite right. You either chase the dragon forever/give up/die, but if and when you finally do catch up to it...it never satisfies. You feel good/accomplished/whatever for a while, then you either lose that sense and want/need/automatically start the chase anew.

Even something as simple as hunger: no matter how much you ate, it would never keep you full for the rest of your life...well, unless you ate yourself to death which is a thing. But that's funny, isn't it? The ultimate satisfaction - leads to death. The same can happen with even water. "The dose makes the poison", they say. Did you know that word and "potion" used to be the same? To live is to constantly just be meeting our needs enough for now; too far in excess and we never need it - or anything - ever again.

To be unsatisfied is to be alive. To be satisfied is to cease to live.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MountainMonkey, foreverfalling, Traveler VII and 5 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
high maintenance machines, eat 3 meals a day drink 8 pints, take a shit, sleep 8 hours a day, take a pisss, have a shower and brush your teeth, do 12 hours of work to pay bills, need shelter.

Reactions: Badatlove, Traveler VII, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Yeah being alive sucks

Reactions: Hollowman, Traveler VII, Euthanza and 1 other person
Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
(This is sort of a follow up to a previous thread of mine, sort of late-night rambling.)

I connected with someone on this site that exists as a platform for people to find others for platonic cuddle buddies and we met up today. It was in public, for everyone's safety's sake, and it wasn't a bad time. We didn't really "cuddle", just sat pretty close together as you would with someone you actually knew and hadn't just met and knew basically nothing about. It was okay. Except they were so talkative. With my brain the way it is these days, I have very limited processing power most of the time, and it was so draining. I participated in the conversation too but felt I had to as it's paradoxically less draining than just listening. It wasn't restorative, wasn't the experience I have been missing but that's only part of what bugged me.

I was feeling this at the time but as I was heading home, I just felt like ass because it's so representative of the disease that living is. We want this very one particular thing (in my case tender human contact, but in SPECIFICALLY SUCH A WAY) and it is almost worse when you almost get it but something isn't quite right. You either chase the dragon forever/give up/die, but if and when you finally do catch up to it...it never satisfies. You feel good/accomplished/whatever for a while, then you either lose that sense and want/need/automatically start the chase anew.

Even something as simple as hunger: no matter how much you ate, it would never keep you full for the rest of your life...well, unless you ate yourself to death which is a thing. But that's funny, isn't it? The ultimate satisfaction - leads to death. The same can happen with even water. "The dose makes the poison", they say. Did you know that word and "potion" used to be the same? To live is to constantly just be meeting our needs enough for now; too far in excess and we never need it - or anything - ever again.

To be unsatisfied is to be alive. To be satisfied is to cease to live.
It exists!? Cuddles only instead of sex only!? Where?

I over talk when nervous... Which is always...

Reactions: Euthanza and Un-
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Aug 8, 2022

In theory...it's a weird site in that it has both normal and "pro" members, the latter being people who charge a fee for it. I'm sure for the most part that's all that it is, but 1) fuck you if you think your ability to literally just sit next to me is worth $80+ and 2) some people who are charging literally say in their profile they do not cuddle but will talk to you and other benign shit. Seriously fuck you. Then 3) I get a strong sense from certain profiles that there may be "extra services" available, or it could just be that they're selling themselves as rent-a-date types minus physical interaction. Whatever. The site is called CuddleComfort; you'll see what I mean.

I did think it could've been a nerves thing; there was an admission of trend to chattiness but that still could've been more than normal I guess. I wish it wasn't such a social faux pas to ask people not to talk so much. Or to not talk constantly in the company of others! Like I don't think there's anything wrong with talking, I just want to relax in the proximal closeness of another person and it's waaay harder without relative quiet. Sigh

• Aww..
Reactions: Un-
Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
It sounds like a prostitution site in disguise...

I admit that I would cudfle silently. Maybe he was the talker type and not cuddly.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
And all of this life is unnecessary in the first place. Having needs just leads to suffering in some form. Humans seem to be never satisfied and I believe that it's impossible to be satisfied in a life like this. The endless needs and problems is one of the things that I certainly dislike about living, and how repetitive it all is. Even if someone is experiencing something positive it will just lead to more pain when that thing is taken away. All of this would have been prevented by never being born. Existence creates problems in which there is no need for.

• Hugs
Reactions: Astral Storm, Suicidebydeath and Traveler VII
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Aug 8, 2022
And all of this life is unnecessary in the first place. Having needs just leads to suffering in some form. Humans seem to be never satisfied and I believe that it's impossible to be satisfied in a life like this. The endless needs and problems is one of the things that I certainly dislike about living, and how repetitive it all is. Even if someone is experiencing something positive it will just lead to more pain when that thing is taken away. All of this would have been prevented by never being born. Existence creates problems in which there is no need for.

Not that I disagree, and I'm totally derailing my own thread here, but I spend a lot of time thinking about this...it has been seen that random bits of certain elements, under certain circumstances, will just spontaneously organize themselves into proteins – considered the building blocks of life. It's been replicated in lab settings and I think that's pretty mind blowing - it's as though something in the universe is inherently geared towards "living". Then there's the fact that there is life, the universe, and everything...as opposed to nothing! Could there even be nothing? How could we possibly conceive of that? The sentence doesn't even make sense, haha.

I'm not religious at all, but I do wonder if there are greater spheres of existence than the one(s) we now know. I really hope so cause this human existence is fucking balls for a lot of people a hell of a lot of the time...

• Love
Reactions: whatevs
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020

I'm willing to give cuddles only instead of sex. If anyone's interested, please feel free to get in touch.

I've tried that web-site myself, and never received any replies to my messages.

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I'm willing to give cuddles only instead of sex. If anyone's interested, please feel free to get in touch.

I've tried that web-site myself, and never received any replies to my messages.
Hmmmm