LiftedOut

LiftedOut

Self Distructing in 3....2.....
Oct 31, 2019
Our lives are dedicated to chasing pieces of papers that only have real meaning in our minds. If you don't have enough pieces of paper, apparently you are less of a human being and deserve to starve on the street or freeze to death. If you have a lot of green paper, you are seen as better, more worthy, and deserve all the good things that life can offer.
I'm tired of the illusions...that if someone has a fancy chunk of metal (luxury cars), flashy diamonds and watches, designer clothes, or whatever the hell the rich like to spend their money on, that this means they're better humans than people who have less.

If I was rich, I don't think I could ever fool myself into thinking I'm suddenly better than everyone else. I'm still a human. You're still a human. You can't take this stuff with you when you die. I don't hate the rich, I'm just tired of the money chase. I'm tired of the "I'm better than you and I will rub it your face the shit I have".

Sorry if this was depressing to read.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Jojo81, OnlyMercy, Ambie and 5 others
MisanthropicLycan

MisanthropicLycan

What God's will rise from the abyss of our souls?
Nov 4, 2019
I totally agree man. I hate how shallow and materialistic most people are. So many plastic zombies who only care about money, looks and social status.This society is so empty and artificial...Money is worthless garbage that has doomed this planet into an oppressive corporate hellhole and poisoned wasteland of android assembly lines and cattle factories. So many wage-slave robots selling their souls and their humanity for another paycheck just to survive in this heartless and faceless capitalist machine. This civilization is like a psychotic meat-grinder.

Reactions: Ambie, LiftedOut, puppy9 and 2 others
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Life is a bad rpg game and money is superficial concept. Humans can't overcome this illusions and make life worse with it. Money and bureaucracy shows how superficial and non-scientific humans can be because the process is not efficient and has no scientific basis.

Reactions: LiftedOut and Woodnote
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Money arose to represent amounts of produce or materials from bartering societies. Previously you would produce what you needed and trade any excess. Your neighbours would do the same with a different resources and a trade network would be built up.
Mariage partners and ideas would be exchanged too, cementing links between cultural groups.
Fast forward to monetary societies and we have a natural extension of the same principles, where more ephemeral resources such as time and expertise are virtualised.
The unpleasant thing is not the money but the massive wealth gradient between producers and consumers.
Unfortunately this is a pattern crystallised throughout antiquity. We all want to succeed in life and in order to do that we need to accrue power. This has historically (and prehistorically) been done by controlling resources which leads to wealth.
And if you have something then someone else must go without. To have leaders you must have followers. So is the wealth gradient created.
It's not nice but then nature isn't particularly nice. The patterns behind society don't give a toss about the people at the bottom of the pile.

Reactions: LiftedOut