DrownedOctopus

DrownedOctopus

Experienced
Mar 2, 2019
I've spent the past 2 weeks or so in a really bad place. Not just what I consider a normal bad, it's oddly worse.
I'm tired of being exhausted all the time. I'm tired of not sleeping despite feeling like I'll going to pass out any moment. I'm bitter not feeling like I have the energy or motivation or enough will to do a damn thing. Breathing feels like a chore.
It's gotten to the point my head is eerily quiet. It's like I'm too tired to think, so all I am good for is sitting here staring at a wall wasting oxygen and space.
I'm like a glorified decrepit chair for my daughter. Weeks like this, before she was born, I'd sleep. I'd do nothing but sleep for a good 20 hours a day, it's questionable I was even awake as long as 4 hours throughout the day. I'd be awake long enough to get water and use the bathroom if I could convince myself to get out of bed, then Right back to sleep.
I hate this because it feels just like a complete system crash. Like my body has shut down from some overload and doesn't know how to recover. It's like feeling everything all at once to feeling nothing. But with migraines and a frozen body.
Just emptiness and cold. And exhaustion. And a pounding headache.
And I fucking hate it. I can't function as a human being, let alone a parent, no matter what I do to change it. (And I have done everything you don't need a prescription for to change it for over 10 years)
It just makes me feel even more like a complete waste of space than normal, but even just thinking about killing myself is tiring. I have tried bribing myself by saying it's an endless nap if you just go through with it, but nothing. My head hurts too much to think about anything extensively enough to make a decent plan. Planning like this is how I failed twice.
I'm just walking around like a zombie, feeling like when I do anything I'm on standby in my own body and someone else is in control. And I just have this overwhelming, constant, HEAVY AS HELL exhaustion I just can't shake.

Reactions: Starry2He, Broken Widow, Redt2go and 2 others
Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
Manic Street Preachers song: My Little Empire

My little empire I'm sick of being sick
My little empire I'm tired of being tired
My little empire I'm bored of being bored
My little empire I'm happy being sad

Reactions: DrownedOctopus
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Couldn't be mold. I've been this way since very early childhood. I've lived in several different places as well, none with a mold problem. I wish it was only that.
Have you tried an elimination diet to see if there are any foods or preservatives that is triggering this?

DrownedOctopus

DrownedOctopus

Experienced
Mar 2, 2019
Have you tried an elimination diet to see if there are any foods or preservatives that is triggering this?
Yes. I've tried everything except seeking professional help.
It isn't a constant ongoing difficulty I deal with. Every once in a while when I have another really bad bout of depression, I get just so exhausted like this.
All throughout my school years until college, if I got like this I'd be awake long enough to physically appear in classes, but I'd usually fall asleep no matter how hard I tried staying awake. As soon as I'd get home, I'd go up to my bed and drop like I'm dead until I had to do it again the next morning. As you can imagine, I didn't do very well in classes because I wasn't even staying awake to do homework.
It's like I'll have a few days where I'm okay. I have a typical few days, sometimes even a couple weeks where I feel legitimately fine. My thoughts don't change, but I feel good. Then suddenly everything is no longer okay. It's like I'm so down sunlight can't reach me even if it wanted to. If it takes longer for me to feel okay again than it usually does, that's when I start feeling so damn tired. And it takes a really long time to feel normal.