• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

bitofftoomuch

bitofftoomuch

hold onto those who accept your messy self
Jul 1, 2024
I think what's making Recovery so scary for me is that I want to take massive leaps, and keep finding them overwhelming and my ideation returning.

I would like to get more comfortable starting smaller. I feel like there's so much pressure to have so much accomplished at my age (late 20s) but right now I just need to eat enough, sleep right, exercise, and be productive at work. The problem is *just* doing those things feels lame and underwhelming, which makes them harder to do (my adhd brain needs stimmy). I'd like to unlearn that or at least push past that feeling. Because I know with enough time I'll be able to get back to forging meaningful relationships and having time for healthy doses of fun and leisure... it just feels so far away.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, another_creature and VampQueen
VampQueen

VampQueen

Ace of Hearts
Feb 6, 2024
Unsure of what your trying to start on. are you trying to unlearn your ADHD based behaviors? Wanting tips to make like more bearable? Or wanting tips to start recovery as in medication management and therapy?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
bitofftoomuch

bitofftoomuch

hold onto those who accept your messy self
Jul 1, 2024
Unsure of what your trying to start on. are you trying to unlearn your ADHD based behaviors? Wanting tips to make like more bearable? Or wanting tips to start recovery as in medication management and therapy?
Fair question. I want to overcome my social isolation and forge deep lasting bonds again. I think I want help on how to restart my social life. Because I have knowledge of a lot of the other stuff but my loneliness is just sapping me of the will to use that knowledge.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
VampQueen

VampQueen

Ace of Hearts
Feb 6, 2024
Fair question. I want to overcome my social isolation and forge deep lasting bonds again. I think I want help on how to restart my social life. Because I have knowledge of a lot of the other stuff but my loneliness is just sapping me of the will to use that knowledge.
Well I like to read and my go-to hang out spot is the bookstore. If you have interest that can lead you outside your house and a physical place we're you can surround your self with like minded people, that should give you an easier way to be social. If you like video games, find video game cafés near you. If you like book, go to bookstores. If you like physical sports, go to parks or training facilities that are free and open to the public.