• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

roxyluvr

roxyluvr

drugstore cowboy
Oct 27, 2023
hi so this is my first time posting i hope its allowed but does anyone have any tips for self harm? iv been really wanting to do it again lately but when i do it im really sloppy and i cut places that are visible and just cut really dumb words and just stupid shit. i do like burning though and use a lighter and matches. i just need advice on other ways to sh and areas i should try to avoid scarring visible places. i have cut and burned my chest and genitals before as an attempt to hide scars but honestly it wasnt worth the pain the next day.

for meme tax ill share my favorite responses to this question that iv received:

- "just dont self harm"
- "watch rick and morty"
hi so this is my first time posting i hope its allowed but does anyone have any tips for self harm? iv been really wanting to do it again lately but when i do it im really sloppy and i cut places that are visible and just cut really dumb words and just stupid shit. i do like burning though and use a lighter and matches. i just need advice on other ways to sh and areas i should try to avoid scarring visible places. i have cut and burned my chest and genitals before as an attempt to hide scars but honestly it wasnt worth the pain the next day.

- "just dont self harm"
- "watch rick and morty"
edit: the only reason i care about the scarring is because its hot where i live all the time and when i wear shorts my grandmother gets really sad. and i dont want to make her sad.

• Hugs
Reactions: cheese.out and manuel1056x
ivllis

ivllis

hikikomori
Nov 1, 2023
If you live somewhere hot then id say around the sides of you stomach. But id you like to go swimming and where 2 pieces then maybe around the hip area? If you're brave then on the wrist but wear A LOT of bracelets. I feel bad posting this but yeah.. Stay safe and don't go too crazy w/ it!!!!!

• Informative
Reactions: roxyluvr and manuel1056x
DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
I sh on my upper thigh sometimes. I (F) have a swimsuit that's kinda like boyshorts that covers it up. Therapist said that getting close to the stomach area raises risk for infection if that's something you care about one way or the other.

Nothing hits quite like the wrists though :(

Reactions: roxyluvr
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021

- "just dont self harm"
- "watch rick and morty"

edit: the only reason i care about the scarring is because its hot where i live all the time and when i wear shorts my grandmother gets really sad. and i dont want to make her sad.
It sounds like you want people to see your pain. I guess you need to ask yourself what you gain from this behaviour and whether it's something that is worth continuing.
If you choose to do so, make hygiene your number one priority, always. Use a fresh razor/scalpel or whatever your choice of tool is. Try to wash the area and your hands before you begin. Thoroughly clean the area with soap and warm water. Dressings are not necessarily required, depending on your environment. If you are sleeping, there's no reason to cover the wound. Allowing exposure to the air encourages healing. Where there is a likelihood of it becoming dirty, it's wise to cover with a clean, soft dressing. Infections spread very quickly and once in your bloodstream, it makes its way to your brain.
Bacterial infections are becoming more and more difficult to manage due to overprescribing of antibiotics and the use of prophylactic antibiotics in factory farming.
Reports state that antimicrobial resistance poses a significant threat to humanity having become a leading cause of death, causing about 3,500 deaths a day.
There's good and bad ways to die. This is not one you want, take my word for it. I had a wound on my arm that hadn't been cleaned adequately. Before long, my arm looked like Popeye's. By the time I made it to the hospital, I had contracted septicaemia. I was admitted and IV antibiotics were forced through me at such a rate, I thought my kidneys were going to explode.
I spent several days in hospital. Every day a doctor would cut all the necrotic tissue out of the wound using a pair of scissors. It didn't hurt because it was dead, but once you've smelled your own body rotting, you don't forget that in a hurry. The priority was to eliminate the infection from the blood stream, before it could take hold of the brain. I could see the bone, connective tissues and some blood vessels inside the hole in my arm, having grown from about 1" across to about 6 times the size.
For a few days I was totally delirious because of the raging fever my body produced in a last ditch attempt to win the day. I've seen others experience this, followed by recovery or ... not recovering. But delirium is a blessing because you're completely unaware of your own actions.
I consider myself very fortunate to still be the proud owner of two arms and two legs. Plenty of people in a similar situation have not been so lucky.
Broad spectrum antibiotics are most often used because identifying the particular strain of bacteria takes time and time in these cases, is of the essence. Although they can be used to treat a variety of infections, broad spectrum antibiotics are the least effective. Once results from lab tests identifies the specific bacteria, more tailor made antibiotics have a greater chance of success. However, due to the reasons previously mentioned, increasingly they're failing to work and doctors are fighting a losing battle.
Bacteria are capable of incredible rates of evolution.
Infections once commonplace may become untreatable. Without effective antibiotics, we could see a return to alarming rates of childhood mortality, childbirth being a significant risk to the lives of mother and baby, countless surgical interventions involving too great a risk to justify it, and those who do survive into adulthood sporting amputations or grotesque deformities.

• Informative
Reactions: Ghostmaster, roxyluvr and hermestrimegistus
roxyluvr

roxyluvr

drugstore cowboy
Oct 27, 2023
I sh on my upper thigh sometimes. I (F) have a swimsuit that's kinda like boyshorts that covers it up. Therapist said that getting close to the stomach area raises risk for infection if that's something you care about one way or the other.

Nothing hits quite like the wrists though :(
love sh on my upper thigh more than anything
It sounds like you want people to see your pain. I guess you need to ask yourself what you gain from this behaviour and whether it's something that is worth continuing.
If you choose to do so, make hygiene your number one priority, always. Use a fresh razor/scalpel or whatever your choice of tool is. Try to wash the area and your hands before you begin. Thoroughly clean the area with soap and warm water. Dressings are not necessarily required, depending on your environment. If you are sleeping, there's no reason to cover the wound. Allowing exposure to the air encourages healing. Where there is a likelihood of it becoming dirty, it's wise to cover with a clean, soft dressing. Infections spread very quickly and once in your bloodstream, it makes its way to your brain.
Bacterial infections are becoming more and more difficult to manage due to overprescribing of antibiotics and the use of prophylactic antibiotics in factory farming.
Reports state that antimicrobial resistance poses a significant threat to humanity having become a leading cause of death, causing about 3,500 deaths a day.
There's good and bad ways to die. This is not one you want, take my word for it. I had a wound on my arm that hadn't been cleaned adequately. Before long, my arm looked like Popeye's. By the time I made it to the hospital, I had contracted septicaemia. I was admitted and IV antibiotics were forced through me at such a rate, I thought my kidneys were going to explode.
I spent several days in hospital. Every day a doctor would cut all the necrotic tissue out of the wound using a pair of scissors. It didn't hurt because it was dead, but once you've smelled your own body rotting, you don't forget that in a hurry. The priority was to eliminate the infection from the blood stream, before it could take hold of the brain. I could see the bone, connective tissues and some blood vessels inside the hole in my arm, having grown from about 1" across to about 6 times the size.
For a few days I was totally delirious because of the raging fever my body produced in a last ditch attempt to win the day. I've seen others experience this, followed by recovery or ... not recovering. But delirium is a blessing because you're completely unaware of your own actions.
I consider myself very fortunate to still be the proud owner of two arms and two legs. Plenty of people in a similar situation have not been so lucky.
Broad spectrum antibiotics are most often used because identifying the particular strain of bacteria takes time and time in these cases, is of the essence. Although they can be used to treat a variety of infections, broad spectrum antibiotics are the least effective. Once results from lab tests identifies the specific bacteria, more tailor made antibiotics have a greater chance of success. However, due to the reasons previously mentioned, increasingly they're failing to work and doctors are fighting a losing battle.
Bacteria are capable of incredible rates of evolution.
Infections once commonplace may become untreatable. Without effective antibiotics, we could see a return to alarming rates of childhood mortality, childbirth being a significant risk to the lives of mother and baby, countless surgical interventions involving too great a risk to justify it, and those who do survive into adulthood sporting amputations or grotesque deformities.
i want to hide it but i definitely could be more clean with it, thanks for the advice

Last edited:
Smelly_ballz

Smelly_ballz

No hope in heaven, No fear of hell
Oct 30, 2023
I am also stupidly careless when i cut. You might be able to cover your scars with oversized/baggy shorts. Keeping scars out of the sun while they are still new and using scar ointment also makes them fade faster. Oh, and make sure to clean you SH, infections make bigger and harder to get rid of scars (and they are also a big pain in the ass). It sounds like you and your grandmother care about each other, which is very sweet ❤️

• Love
cheese.out

cheese.out

Why am I still here
Jul 25, 2023
Definitely use some desinfectant and bandages (maybe u already use it but when I started sh I didnt really thought about this). Please take care❤️

• Love