• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

SadJessu

SadJessu

Just tired.
Aug 17, 2020
Pretty much what the title says. I'm painfully autistic and I'm having difficulty in masking my emotions lately. I really would rather not vent to my family anymore, especially my husband. He has a lot on his plate currently, and I don't want to be a burden. I really don't want to give the impression that I'm feeling bad to anyone. I have bad habits of venting my feelings and embellishing things (like making up friends so that my mother doesn't think my life is as bland as it is lol), these are habits that I would like to break. Are there any users who have any tips on how to put on a brave face? I'd like to withdraw as much as possible whilst still giving the veneer of being emotionally well.

• Hugs
Reactions: Emmie and Bah
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I wouldn't worry so much if I were you about it. But anyway - try walking out for a breather maybe? Works for me once I calm down

Reactions: SadJessu
SadJessu

SadJessu

Just tired.
Aug 17, 2020
I wouldn't worry so much if I were you about it. But anyway - try walking out for a breather maybe? Works for me once I calm down
Wouldn't hurt, if anything I could get a little exercise. Thanks. ❤️

• Love
Reactions: jodes2
brokensea

brokensea

Arcanist
Aug 4, 2022
I just pretend I'm acting and playing the part of someone who is normal and fine.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: _Minsk, WorthlessTrash and SadJessu
S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
Someone suggested CBD gummies to me. I haven't tried them yet, but they said the gummies work to extend your current mood.

So if you're relaxing, they'll keep you relaxed. If you're working on an assignment, you'll be able to work on it longer.

If you take them when in a relatively stable mood, I'm assuming you'll remain that way and be less inclined to vent.

One of the things that works for me is practicing the conversation with ONLY the bits I want to share.

If I try to wing it without drafting an outline in my head, I'm just going to blurt out my true feelings.

I have rough drafts in my head in case I run into an old coworker, what I'll say when my dad asks what I'm doing, what to say if my neighbor stops me outside, etc. I essentially practice lying because it doesn't come easy to me.

Other times I talk to myself. I wear myself out and no longer have the urge to share with anyone else.

Something that I do when I want to give the impression that I'm fine is text that person a funny cat video or something. I'll add a caption saying I laughed way too hard at it.

Apparently, laughing equates to happiness and they leave me alone.

Reactions: Archness and SadJessu
SadJessu

SadJessu

Just tired.
Aug 17, 2020
Someone suggested CBD gummies to me. I haven't tried them yet, but they said the gummies work to extend your current mood.

So if you're relaxing, they'll keep you relaxed. If you're working on an assignment, you'll be able to work on it longer.

If you take them when in a relatively stable mood, I'm assuming you'll remain that way, and be less inclined to vent.

One of the things that works for me is practicing the conversation with ONLY the bits I want to share.

If I try to wing it without drafting an outline in my head, I'm just going to blurt out my true feelings.

I have rough drafts in my head in case I run into an old coworker, what I'll say when my dad asks what I'm doing, what to say if my neighbor stops me outside, etc. I essentially practice lying because it doesn't come easy to me.

Other times I talk to myself. I wear myself out and no longer have the urge to share with anyone else.

Something that I do when I want to give the impression that I'm fine is text that person a funny cat video or something. I'll add a caption saying I laughed way too hard at it.

Apparently, laughing equates to happiness and they leave me alone.
I already do a great deal of mental planning in my head in regards to conversation, but you've got a good point there. I really should plan more around what I should be sharing instead of what I shouldn't. I draft out conversation, but I haven't really segmented out what's appropriate. Perhaps if I practice with myself it will become easier over time. I'll give the gummies a try, feeling mellow and having that last for longer periods of time would really help. Thank you!

Reactions: SamTam33