MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023

I teared up a bit watching it...I'm not sure why. But it seems a lot of people have considered....makes me wonder why no one really talks about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: pebpebpebpeb and Homo erectus
kfad95

kfad95

Mar 2, 2024
Watching those videos do hit hard, it's a taboo subject for alot of people I guess, if people opened up more about lots of things in life it would be a better place,

I know if I talked about my mental health more and telling more people I was coming off medication I would have never gone back on and fried my brain šŸ˜ now I'm here trying to find a way to go out

Reactions: Homo erectus
pebpebpebpeb

pebpebpebpeb

i have no enemies
Apr 1, 2020
people don't talk about suicide because they are uncomfortable to bring up the truth. mental health still has a stigma in this day and age.

granted, it's getting 'better' and being shown more openly, but people are too cowardly to truly delve into a deep discussion around suicide. the majoritys only view is 'suicide is bad.' which is a very shallow and surface-level examination of such a complex topic. people are cowards, unable to discuss the elephant in the room. suicide rates are skyrocketing, a 2.6% increse from just 2021 to 2022 in America. men are a bigger victim of suicide than women, men having 38k suicide deaths in 2021, and women only have 9k. of course, mental health is also increasing throughout the population as well.

it's gross how so many people ignore this issue. the 'therapists' just throw pills at adults; and even children like they did to me at age 12. society as a whole needs to talk more about mental health, and especially suicide. the fact that you need to pay for therapy at all is just insane to me. they can talk all they want about suicide, but at some point they need to get to the root cause of all of these lives being lost. suicide shows the failure of society, not the people.

source: https://www.cdc.gov/suicide/suicide-data-statistics.html

• Hugs
Reactions: kfad95 and Homo erectus