• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

F

failure383

Jul 2, 2024
I have thought about this recently and I wanted to know what you think about this. It seems a common discussion topic here, on how to overcome SI and most of the time people answer with benzos or alcohol as a solution, but I think that's the wrong approach to it, because if you have SI telling you to stay alive, I think there is at least something in you that tells you that life might be worth it regardless. This is my personal theory, but I think a common thing in some very suicidal people, is that they take physically dangerous risks in every day behavior (judging from what psychiatrists ask in their screenings and what the vast majority of anti-suicide resources online say, but also from personal experience, I've met those people irl), and perhaps you could argue that those people lack the SI or at least it's not the reason why they haven't ctb'd yet. On the other hand you have people, who are wanting to ctb as well, but have great difficulties overcoming their SI. I personally think, that's because those people deep down have some hope left. Those suicidal-big-risk-taking-people prove that what forum members here refer to as SI, probably isn't as much of a survival instinct, than some hope for betterment left they have.
Therefor I think, that trying to artificially fight this inner feeling with drugs and alcohol, is in some cases very harmful.

Also, an important thing I want to mention, is that I think there is a difference between SI as meant in most cases with "this feeling that you have before you do it" and the very different mind-body reaction you have when you already swallowed the poison, jumped through the noose or bled almost completely out, because the former is the SI I'm referring to in this post, which I don't think you can equate to the latter, which is just a natural reaction all of our lizard brains have to the realization, that we are dying.

Fighting the "survival instinct", in the sense of getting yourself wasted or drugged up enough to overcome this feeling (which I think is in some persons a potential form of hope for the future), is probably harmful, as it might drown any chance of bettering. In some suicidal people, this feeling disappears naturally, as they realize their future is bleak and hopeless (said suicidal-big-risk-taking-people), but I think if you have this feeling and it doesn't go away, than you should act upon it and not try to fight with artificial means it just to do your suicidal ideation justice.

Of course not everything applies to everyone and exceptions prove the rule, but that's what I think in broad terms. Now I've repeated myself a lot, I apologize.
What do you think?

Reactions: kinderbueno and Dingusguy
Dingusguy

Dingusguy

I just want to sleep...
Oct 20, 2023
It is an interesting theory, and I won't say it is wrong or right but it does sound like it could be plausible and the exact thing happening for some people

Reactions: kinderbueno
H

Hvergelmir

Student
May 5, 2024
I'm fully with you on this opinion. Survival instinct and will to live cannot be completely separated. SI is a part of that will to live. High level reasoning and primitive instincts are both part of the wider thought process, and not fully separate.

Furthermore I consider intentional risk taking, self harm, and poor suicide attempts to be misguided ways of compromising with SI. I can't speak for others, but I'm convinced that's how my brain is wired.

Reactions: kinderbueno
M

Manfrotto99

Experienced
Oct 10, 2023
I use to think that way myself, but now that I have lost everything and have absolutely nothing to live for and am ready to ctb the SI is still there, perhaps stronger than ever because I am so very close. I just think it is a biological tendency humans have to ensure the survival of the species. I don't think it's anything more, though I also have a fear of the unknown, but that seems rather appealing in comparison to the certainty of my life.

landslide2

landslide2

Experienced
May 6, 2024
This underestimates SI that is hard coded and overestimates risky behavior. People who bungee jump or do wingsuit flying do it for the adrenaline, the rush and most risky behavior can be attributed to this. Even gambling there is a rush, a high when you win.

N

nohopenofuture31

Aug 19, 2024
I use to think that way myself, but now that I have lost everything and have absolutely nothing to live for and am ready to ctb the SI is still there, perhaps stronger than ever because I am so very close. I just think it is a biological tendency humans have to ensure the survival of the species. I don't think it's anything more, though I also have a fear of the unknown, but that seems rather appealing in comparison to the certainty of my life.
I agree with this. I have zero desire to be alive anymore. But that instinct still stands on the way a little. I'm not do worried about what happens after - more curious than anything. Does it all just go dark? Reincarnation? I don't have any strong beliefs one way or another on that. Whatever it is has to be less painful than this