F

freefrommybody

Vehemently Pro-choice
Nov 19, 2019
I imagine many healthy organs go to waste when people kill themselves. I wish hospitals allowed suicidal people to repurpose their unwanted lives by offering them free euthanasia, and then harvesting their organs to save patients in need.

Win- the wonders of medical science would help people obtain the most peaceful deaths possible.
Win- hospitals may turn a profit from the valuable organs.
Win- more lives that should be saved would be.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Realityisawful, mesohappy, x-Ace-x and 8 others
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I have often thought of that myself. So much life going to a waste.

• Hugs
Reactions: mesohappy and Mr2005
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
This actually makes a lot of sense and is sound. To answer your question, I think it's the medical and healthcare industry (along with big pharma and psychiatry) wanting to milk as much money as they can from it's patients and the citizens of the country (in the US specifically). They can't really make as much money off of dead patients who are unable to contribute to the system (society) or the industry (medical and healthcare industry). Also, religion and pro-life policies (in the secular world) stifle sound ideas like these.

I fully agree with you, and another thing that could be said is that if people are allowed a peaceful, dignified way out, then there would be less people going for more brutal and violent methods (such as jumping, firearms, or other means, sometimes resulting in collateral damage).

Reactions: freefrommybody, Wolfjob_dayjob, Worthless_nobody and 2 others
Ko9

Ko9

Student
Jun 30, 2019
So innocent... Like the government cares about the life of it's citizens... It's like saying ''Oh so strange a republican senator wants a abortion because he cheated on his wife with a girl that he got pregnant.'' The people who rule this world from presidents and generals to local town hall peeps, they don't care. They just care about issues that are popular and gets them re-elected. Yes these people could be saved, it would decrease the suffering of everyone involved but try to reason with a electorate that is emotional and thick as shit...

Reactions: freefrommybody and Worthless_nobody
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
This is the reason why I'm an organ donor. I don't need my organs, give them to somebody else who can use them.

Reactions: freefrommybody and Blu_1
FohPah

FohPah

Student
Dec 7, 2019
Yes! Donating my organs is all I really want to do.

Unfortunately, sanctity of human life is the most fashionable basis for policies that decide life and death. Voluntary self-recycling makes sense in a framework that values a person's ability to end their life no sooner or later than the time they think is right, rather than simply delaying the inevitable end for as long as possible.

Reactions: freefrommybody
Finis Autem Spero

Finis Autem Spero

Dec 30, 2019
I'm a registered donor but I don't know how useful my organs will be. My lungs are fucked, my eyes are fucked, my liver is probably fucked from OD attempts, my heart is probably fucked.

They can take whatever works, I just hope there's something.

Free access to euthanasia would be pretty rad though.

• Hugs
Reactions: freefrommybody and mesohappy
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
Good thoughts,but if you were euthanized your organs would be full of toxins and transplants are delicate enough as it is as far as rejections and failures.

Also there are politics involved,no nation or leader,while trying to "maintain their image" would want to touch this subject.

Imagine Iran accusing the US as being the "great Satan"..As proof just look at their organ harvesting by way of guillotine!

Or US accusing Iran-They put a bullet in the head of sad people, and harvest their organs..They are so bad,we take the moral high ground!

Ive prayed in the past for a swap of my life for a dying relatives..Unfortunately God was a politician too.