RealLostSoul

RealLostSoul

once rock bottom, always rock bottom
Oct 11, 2019
think about it. misery keeps repeating itself like an endless cycle. hell is a place where suffrage repeats itself until all eternity. just like 'real life'. what if i already died and the life i live is what they call 'hell'? but what is death then? might i just wake up as a toddler and live the suffrage all over again? what if i told you reality is a scam? take the red pill, neo

Reactions: Sensei, puppy9, Meretlein and 5 others
exhausted

exhausted

Experienced
Oct 22, 2019
I often think about stuff like that, what if when I die and I live my exact same life again but just one second longer? I would class that as hell. What if I lived this same life over and over again and only grew more traumatised by each repetition? What if hell is being forced to live the lives of everyone that's ever suffered? Fortunately, suicidal urges make me be like "Eh, let's give it a go though. It's most likely blackness and the cessation of consciousness."

Reactions: Ambie, Skathon and snorli
not4us

not4us

Experienced
Sep 21, 2019
Hell is most likely not a very valid concept.

But the possibility of the universe that is repeating itself inside the eternity is quite possible.

Think about it this way, you live whether you will be reborn to live same life or not, even if you are doomed to relive this life over and over again, you are now making a very important decision to stop it before it gets unbearable, so if you choose to continue living, you will die anyways but now you add unbearable suffering to your life that will be relived over again.

So the inference is that you ought to end your life as soon as possible to spare yourself from reliving the worst part of it again in the future.

Reactions: Blue Moon and RealLostSoul
Blue Moon

Blue Moon

Truth is, the game was rigged from the start.
Dec 11, 2019
So the inference is that you ought to end your life as soon as possible to spare yourself from reliving the worst part of it again in the future.
Wow that makes so much sense, thanks!

Reactions: not4us
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
The idea of Hell itself is mostly a man made construct I believe. It's been used as a mechanism for societal control, to prevent anarchism. But in some ways, yes, life can be a sort of Hell.

T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
Ideas like hell and karma effectively boil down to one that the world must be a fundamentally just place, which is demonstrably not true.

There can't be a hell, precisely because the world we live in is already far worse.

Reactions: Elias
E

Elias

Experienced
Mar 19, 2019
Ideas like hell and karma effectively boil down to one that the world must be a fundamentally just place, which is demonstrably not true.

There can't be a hell, precisely because the world we live in is already far worse.
That's a very interesting idea. Indeed, if this world is not just, why would there be a need for a hell to exist... I've never thought too much about the "why" would a hell exist in the first place, I just swallowed the religious indoctrination without critical thinking. I really need to have more discussions about these topics instead of running away from it.

Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
I've found this whole thing to be a bit of a mind virus.

I may need to cleanse .... :)

Suffering being built into Life concerns me because I find it very difficult to accept that life emerged from
matter spontaneously.

I am wawre of evolutionairy theory and am as happy as Larry about it .

It's the FIRST CAUSE that gives me gyp .

It will help me to really really believe in the sponataneous emergeance of life because then I can take my place
in the great battle against suffering.
I feel it is valid to reduce suffering .. .although my problem is , feeling like I might be in some demiurge's petri dish really fucks me off .

I had a very very religious upbringing so I guess that's the main reason .

I think it is part of the age old ( supposedly resolved) aguement between the Vitalists and the Objective Materialists

Always a big shout out to the Cathar's who were eradicated by the Catholics because they believed this place was a kind of hell .

I may never 'know' ... but for some reason , while writing this , maybe I can fully get behind the reduction of suffering even if we are in a dirty petri dish.

Maybe I'm so usually in a downer , that I just can't even consider such an attitude .

I can deal with the demiurge idea if I believe in a corresponding BIGGER nicer God ..
But that never makes sense because it requires the big god to fascilitate the demiurge being sadistic.

So , big woo woo moment ....
Maybe , it's the inner/outer resolution ?
Our inner lack of hope ... somehow "inventing" compassion ?

Regardless of either a sadistic demiurge or an indifferent universe .

I love that scene in the "tree of life" where a raptor doesn't kill a cute little herbivore dino ...

TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
I often say that my life went to shit when I was twelve. Funny enough, at that age in 2012 I almost drowned in a pool on a school trip.
I remember seeing something, I think I was floating above the water and everything had pale blueish tones.
Maybe I really died back then and this is hell.