S

sundress

Sep 24, 2024
When you have a myriad of mental and physical illnesses to the point of being disabled, what kind of life can you live? If you get disability income, the amount they give you barely even covers rent. If you don't, you're SOL and must go from one state-sanctioned cesspool to the next. Forgive my cynicism, but what is there to improve your life when you're that down in the dumps? I'm genuinely wondering if there's some miraculous upside I fail to see.

People often live for their families or relationships, but like most people here, my family is not great for my mental health, and I don't have any social circle and won't in the future. Paired with the fact that I'm too poor and beyond depressed and anxious to pursue my creative interests, there's nothing to look forward to. Every day is another terrifying dance with fate, where you pray that she does not enact another tragedy in your life.

• Love
Reactions: notwhereIbelong
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
Yeah, I'm starting to think the Nazis with their euthanasia was more "merciful" than the system we have now. They punish the sick with poverty. I am on temporary disability and yes, it barely covers rent. I can't even travel even though that was my passion before. And they actually expect me to get better soon so they can send me to an internship, lol. Meanwhile I am planning to ctb. I can only imagine the reaction of my caseworker when they get the knowledge that their client (me) has passed away from suicide. One less sickly freeloader to worry about. I wish all the sick poor people would commit mass suicide in protest of this sick system we have, sorry.

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
They should make ai-companions that follow and support people, like a family member would. They stay, and say stuff like "See you tomorrow" before you go to sleep.

Last edited:
Alo the obvi alien

Alo the obvi alien

Planner
Jun 20, 2023
When you have a myriad of mental and physical illnesses to the point of being disabled, what kind of life can you live? If you get disability income, the amount they give you barely even covers rent. If you don't, you're SOL and must go from one state-sanctioned cesspool to the next. Forgive my cynicism, but what is there to improve your life when you're that down in the dumps? I'm genuinely wondering if there's some miraculous upside I fail to see.

People often live for their families or relationships, but like most people here, my family is not great for my mental health, and I don't have any social circle and won't in the future. Paired with the fact that I'm too poor and beyond depressed and anxious to pursue my creative interests, there's nothing to look forward to. Every day is another terrifying dance with fate, where you pray that she does not enact another tragedy in your life.
I feel this so hard. Especially not having a social circle. I try so hard to be straightforward, blunt, and honest and every day someone is telling me I am passive or not genuine and fake. I had two people tell me a period at the end of a text is passive. FUCK ALL THE WORDS IN THE FUCKING TEXT. A fucking period will tell you my true intentions. I was never good with anyone in my age group. Most of my "best friends" in high school fucked me over in such mindblowing ways, I could probably make millions telling it on Tiktok or YouTube. I was in a relationship for SIX YEARS and THE ENTIRE TIME I WAS A PROBLEM. Fuck me asking every week if I was too much or venting too much. Fuck me for telling him to please let me know when I am too much and lmk when he needs a break. NO!! I AM THE PROBLEM!!! Fuck, I am so tired of everyone's insecurities being my problem because people don't know how to, as my mom would say, USE THEIR BIG GIRL WORDS to speak up. People will talk shit about you ALL DAY and then when you ask whats the problem, they have nothing. People are a joke to the universe. I want to be where the smart people are...DEAD.