Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
The other day I stumbled upon an artist I've never heard of before, Martin Lewis. Evidently, he inspired Edward Hopper, one of my favourite artists. For some reason his etchings made me think of death and I thought, "If there's an afterlife, this is what it will look like." To be honest, I very much doubt that there's such a thing as an afterlife, but I think it's a beautiful image that we will live on as shadows in a shadowland.

Reactions: imagineit, Nemeshisu, Readytogo#Broken and 6 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Incredible artwork, I can definitely appreciate the style. I'm a bit mixed on what the afterlife may look like myself. But I could definitely see "purgatory" looking like this.

Reactions: Readytogo#Broken, puppy9 and Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Incredible artwork, I can definitely appreciate the style. I'm a bit mixed on what the afterlife may look like myself. But I could definitely see "purgatory" looking like this.

Maybe my thinking is coloured by depression, but I don't find this to be a depressive vision of the afterlife. On the contrary, I find it beautiful and darkly romantic.

Reactions: Readytogo#Broken, Shaw, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Maybe my thinking is coloured by depression, but I don't find this to be a depressive vision of the afterlife. On the contrary, I find it beautiful and darkly romantic.

I could agree with the last bit especially. Almost reminds me of the old black and white movies like Nosferatu as well.

Reactions: Sensei and passenger27
passenger27

passenger27

In my beginning is my end.
Aug 25, 2019
I could agree with the last bit especially. Almost reminds me of the old black and white movies like Nosferatu as well.
Great movie. The 1979 remake with Klaus Kinski was good too.

• Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
  • Love
Reactions: imagineit, puppy9, passenger27 and 1 other person
K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
Afterlife is a nuar movie? Not that bad..

Reactions: Readytogo#Broken, Temporarilyabsurd, charlottewilts and 1 other person
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
The other day I stumbled upon an artist I've never heard of before, Martin Lewis. Evidently, he inspired Edward Hopper, one of my favourite artists. For some reason his etchings made me think of death and I thought, "If there's an afterlife, this is what it will look like." To be honest, I very much doubt that there's such a thing as an afterlife, but I think it's a beautiful image that we will live on as shadows in a shadowland.

Hope my afterlife don't look like that..No offense friend.That looks pretty dreary.

Reactions: Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that evidently includes death.