sumbumedguy

sumbumedguy

some princes don't become kings
Oct 9, 2018
sigh I'm really sad now you guys are all amazing people but the universe is a bitch, every one here has a really gotten a shit hand and life really hates everyone here plus knowing that everyone here wants to go is so bitter sweet I don't want anyone to go and leave me Its really going to hurt one someone goes but I also understand why they left and am happy they found peace. its just not fair I feel really welcome here but at the same time what this forum is cuts deep i am glad it's here

Reactions: Cherry Crumpet, Trashcan, lv-gras and 9 others
X

xonnia

Sep 23, 2018
i i'm still a noob here and i agree its such an open and loving place but yet the goodbye post are bitter sweet, I don't know these peopel but i'm so happy they are finding peace they so desire...

Reactions: Cherry Crumpet, Final Escape, lv-gras and 2 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
It's best not to get too attached to anyone I think unfortunately

Reactions: IG959, Final Escape, Delaying and 3 others
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
You should feel happy for the ones who leave. They finally get their release. The world's average happiness increases an iota every time one of us dies. So we are making the world a better place after all :)

Reactions: millefeui, Final Escape, lv-gras and 9 others
lostinthedream

lostinthedream

Warlock
Sep 2, 2018
Yes, this place is a waystation on the journey.. I'm thankful for the short time I've had with the people here. Beautiful souls, and I only hope and pray and wish for the peace of everyone who might be called to these forums..

Reactions: Circles, Final Escape, lv-gras and 3 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
You should feel happy for the ones who leave. They finally get their release. The world's average happiness increases an iota every time one of us dies. So we are making the world a better place after all :)
Not really. I think the only people who could make a positive difference are the ones unhappy with how it is. Sure they could be a horrible person who's done horrible things but if they were I doubt they'd care. They'd much rather take someone else's life than their own. So presuming it's another decent human being who's bitten the dust hope for all mankind is reduced just a little more. Only the evil are left behind. It takes a special kind of suicidal person to think they can fix the worlds problems and another that it's even really about that and not just the hate they have for themselves even when they're not bad people.

Reactions: lv-gras, your pathologist and Lizzie S.
V

Voldmort

Experienced
Sep 23, 2018
this forum is like the yahoo! answers communities, but we did not argue politics and social issues, all suffer and most want to die.

i like here

Reactions: Schopenhauer, lv-gras, your pathologist and 1 other person
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
Not really. I think the only people who could make a positive difference are the ones unhappy with how it is. Sure they could be a horrible person who's done horrible things but if they were I doubt they'd care. They'd much rather take someone else's life than their own. So presuming it's another decent human being who's bitten the dust hope for all mankind is reduced just a little more. Only the evil are left behind. It takes a special kind of suicidal person to think they can fix the worlds problems and another that it's even really about that and not just the hate they have for themselves even when they're not bad people.

I wrote it tongue firmly in cheek, although statistically speaking, in a quantitative sense I'm correct. If Jeff Bezos walks into a bar, the average wealth wealth of that bar's customers goes up by a billion dollars. No one is actually better off, though.

If you ask people to rate how happy they are with their lives, denizens of this forum (and suicidal people in general) will be at the left tail of the distribution. Once we pass away, average happiness goes up by a iota (it's a barely perceptible effect, smaller than the error bars, yet still valid). But the world isn't actually better off (unless the dead person is someone actually horrible, like a murderer).

Reactions: lv-gras