• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Stupid_Anon_Offline

Stupid_Anon_Offline

Biggest Worst Loser
May 5, 2024
i haven't done much research because research normally stops me, but I thought I'd just get some opinions on it. I'm thinking of just eating one last nice thing and then not eating again (which will probably fail because I am a very hungry person, but its worth a shot.)
Does anyone have any advice as far as what the best last food to eat is to make it go by faster, if it's actually a decent method, how painful it is, ect. any input is appreciated, thx!

Edit: seeing everyone else's input, I don't think that's my CTB idea anymore. If anyone has any good alternative ideas, I'm all ears. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ninfanatic
Cress

Cress

Experienced
Oct 15, 2023
Realistically speaking you have to be pretty well practiced in not eating. It's something that I was training for in the past. Acclimating my body to extremely long Amounts of time without eating. Ultimately I have a different method available to me now but starvation and refusing water Were something that I was preparing for.

It's not as easy to pull off as it sounds the rule of three days without water is when you're subjected to exposure. Not when you're in a comfortable environment and protected from the elements. I've gone up to 5 days without any water before. From my understanding I wouldn't have been in much danger until day 7.

If you're curious what the experience was like I wasn't exactly suffering from unbearable thirst or anything like that it's just I could only stay awake for maybe 30 minutes before sleeping for a few hours. When I woke up again I felt relatively fine but again I could only really function normally for about 30 minutes before needing to sleep again

Reactions: Stupid_Anon_Offline
failure383

failure383

Jul 2, 2024
1. It will be extremely painful, because you will have hunger and strong cramps.
2. You will probably fail, because no normal human has the sheer will needed, to go through all that pain for long enough.
3. If you survive and you made it through a few weeks, you will have severe nerve and organ damage

Last edited:
Y

YosemiteGrrl

When will courage be mine
Dec 17, 2023
VSED is almost an impossible way to go doing it by yourself. You really need medical support especially in the last days of the process to mitigate the pain. Unless you are elderly and frail, it could take 2-3 weeks. It can be incredibly painful unless you have morphine support. Also there are many protocols for keeping your mouth moist without food or water. I would definitely encourage you to do research.

PetrichorBirth

PetrichorBirth

Student
Mar 5, 2024
I agree with the other commenters. Another point : The transition from starvation to death is extremely gradual. Old people who choose to starve as a way of self-euthanasia often have a nurse on standby, to administer pain-meds, and to take care of bodily functions. The thing is : There will be a point where you will be too weak to move from your bed, but your body still needs to do it's thing (urinate and defecate). If you don't have a nurse on standby, everything will just happen in your bed and i can imagine it will be a quite bad experience.

ninfanatic

ninfanatic

death is a beginning & not an end
Jul 3, 2024
i haven't done much research because research normally stops me, but I thought I'd just get some opinions on it. I'm thinking of just eating one last nice thing and then not eating again (which will probably fail because I am a very hungry person, but its worth a shot.)
Does anyone have any advice as far as what the best last food to eat is to make it go by faster, if it's actually a decent method, how painful it is, ect. any input is appreciated, thx!
I know this contradicts with some advice around starving to death, but this is my go to as well. But, on the other hand, I have a history of losing a lot of weight mainly by starving and restriction in a disordered sense, which might provide some level of "practice" and another motivation to not eat on top of dying from starvation. I'm also kind of desperate because unless I find an illegal website I can't legally purchase a firearm.

There are circumstances that get in the way like extreme hunger. I have caffeine pills, a lot of water, some fiber/diet pills, and soda where I live, but of course those might only last for a couple of weeks to quell hunger before things go in to binge urge territory.

When things get very rough, honestly, next step is the handcuff route (going to purchase those ahead of time). I'll tell you while it could be successful, it won't be easy. If you can find another way, I would rather that be the route in place of total cessation of food.

If I don't die from lack of food alone, I would hope my body fat another 20lbs or 25 down from being a little underweight now would do it.

Wishing you well.

snowbird

snowbird

Jun 17, 2024
Hm, personally I think it's probably quite a painful way to go.
I once didn't eat for 5 days but had liquids. The first day is a bit painful because your stomach hurts when it wants food. There's some cramps but if you get over it, it'll calm down on the second day, I guess. From then on, you'll only have pain for short moments - but remember I was still drinking.
If I didn't have any liquid intake, I think it would've been much worse.

Also I heard stories from monks who went into deep meditation and didn't eat and drink for several years and were still alive, stuck in the same position with leathery skin ec.
NO idea if that's actually true or just some fairytale by religious fanatics. But I find this quite unsettling :(

DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
I have tried this a few times. A few people replied to this thread but nobody used the term I always use. I never say VSED. I always say hunger strike and while it is difficult and you will suffer it's not impossible and there have been some took it all the way to death. A hunger strike is not even considered suicide and if you are going down, why not go down protesting. It's a constitutionally protected form of protest in the United States and globally recognized as a human right. Even by the likes of Vladimir Putin! Everyone here has a good reason to protest. I'm going to try again. I just went 7 days in June but got tempted by food in a moment of weakness and ate. You have to be in the right frame of mind and have the right logistical situation but it can be done. The hardest part is not drinking anything. I have done much research on this and there are so many variables it's hard to estimate from individual to individual how long it will take. There have been cases where people have died in as little as 3 days on completely dry hunger strike. Usually that would be someone in poor health already. And then there's Sharmila. She has the all time hunger strike record. 16 years and she is still alive today. She ended her hunger strike a few years ago. I don't want any part of that record. My personal record is 6 days completely dry. When I did 7 days in June and got weak and tempted by kosher food it was semi-dry and I think I might have been close because of the extreme heat but I obviously didn't have the right logistical situation if someone put kosher food in front of me. You need to seclude yourself really. Away from any well meaning people who might do something like that. It's hard but I gotta try again.
Hm, personally I think it's probably quite a painful way to go.
I once didn't eat for 5 days but had liquids. The first day is a bit painful because your stomach hurts when it wants food. There's some cramps but if you get over it, it'll calm down on the second day, I guess. From then on, you'll only have pain for short moments - but remember I was still drinking.
If I didn't have any liquid intake, I think it would've been much worse.

Also I heard stories from monks who went into deep meditation and didn't eat and drink for several years and were still alive, stuck in the same position with leathery skin ec.
NO idea if that's actually true or just some fairytale by religious fanatics. But I find this quite unsettling :(
Sharmila is absolutely true. Well documented. She was 10 years of it in prison where she was force fed through a tube they put up her nose.

Last edited:
Reactions: ninfanatic and Stupid_Anon_Offline
M

mrtime87

Jul 9, 2024
Starvation won't work. You'll get bored, realize you're just fasting, and hunger will kick in.

Look up Into the Wild the movie. Christopher was delirious at the end and posting sos notes while trying to gather berries.