• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

stermc

stermc

libertas quae sera tamen
Nov 24, 2022
Well, I have been dealing with a lot of difficulties since a young child.
I do have the best parents I could have ever asked for. the hardest part is leaving them behind. I have SN, I have a rope, and I genuinely want to use them so I can finally rest, but at the same time I have still some hopes about some things.
I feel so confused. In my mind 2023 would be the year I would try to get everything I want in life (as if it's that easy) and finally decide what to do, but I don't see myself actually accomplishing something in this life.
So rn I am drunk, on meds, and I really wish I could die now so I wouldn't have to think about this anymore.
so tired
it's so sad to not be brave enough

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Shivali, Tried-tireD, releasespieces and 7 others
F

fuzzy-clown

Experienced
Nov 27, 2022
I feel the same - if it wouldn't devastate my parents I would have caught the bus already. It's agonizing to stay alive for people while battling suicidal thoughts and mental illness.

Maybe the mental hospital or other help is what you need. I'm considering getting help myself, too, for their sake.

• Hugs
Reactions: stermc, redhousepainters, donealready and 2 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Sorry for what you are going through. I think this decision should be made when you are sober.
Many people here have had bad experiences with mental hospitals. I have never been, so I can't give you my experience. Not yet anyway. I know there are other threads about it. Maybe check those out.

Reactions: donealready, Rainy_days and stermc
stermc

stermc

libertas quae sera tamen
Nov 24, 2022
I feel the same - if it wouldn't devastate my parents I would have caught the bus already. It's agonizing to stay alive for people while battling suicidal thoughts and mental illness.

Maybe the mental hospital or other help is what you need. I'm considering getting help myself, too, for their sake.
Thanks for replying.
I have been to a mental hospital before, last year. I felt better for some time, but it's like they create this alternative universe there, and when I come home again, every bad thought reapers and comes back with me. I remember it was so difficult to live life on normal terms after that experience. it took me months to adjust and here I am again. In the same spot. I feel like there's nothing I can do to try to make myself better and happy because I am cursed or something lol holy crap I just want to rest

• Hugs
Reactions: donealready, croctears and not-2-b-the-answer
TydalWave

TydalWave

Brutally Self-Aware
Sep 20, 2022
Sorry for what you are going through. I think this decision should be made when you are sober.
Many people here have had bad experiences with mental hospitals. I have never been, so I can't give you my experience. Not yet anyway. I know there are other threads about it. Maybe check those out.
Yeah I would check out the reviews for different options around your area and maybe even make a drive to one that is preferable. Some are better than others from what I hear. Wishing you the best if you are trying to get well <3

Reactions: stermc and not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
So sorry.
I don't know if I would be able to leave if I went to one. I wouldn't want to come back to reality.
Things out here are so much more difficult.
If you think it could help again, it might be worth another try.
I can't make the decision for you. I hate to see anyone end their life if it's possible to turn it around.
I don't know what I'm saying right now I should be asleep.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake and stermc
stermc

stermc

libertas quae sera tamen
Nov 24, 2022
Yeah I would check out the reviews for different options around your area and maybe even make a drive to one that is preferable. Some are better than others from what I hear. Wishing you the best if you are trying to get well <3
thank you so much for the good wishes!
In reality I just wish I had enough courage to finally drink the sn, but these fake hopes are still haunting me
So sorry.
I don't know if I would be able to leave if I went to one. I wouldn't want to come back to reality.
Things out here are so much more difficult.
If you think it could help again, it might be worth another try.
I can't make the decision for you. I hate to see anyone end their life if it's possible to turn it around.
I don't know what I'm saying right now I should be asleep.
it is really difficult to leave, not because the place you are in is amazing or something, but because once you get home, everything starts coming back to normal. at least that's what happened to me. i got out super excited thinking that finally i knew who i was and that i would be able to live with my disorder, but it didn't happen.

i don't know what i am saying either. it's 5am and haven't slept yet.
anyway, thanks for replying ♥️

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
F

fuzzy-clown

Experienced
Nov 27, 2022
Did the hospital give you follow-up care when they discharged you? Perhaps group therapy or individual therapy.
I think hospitals are only to stabilize you during a crisis, and then you have to get outpatient care afterwards.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and stermc
stermc

stermc

libertas quae sera tamen
Nov 24, 2022
Did the hospital give you follow-up care when they discharged you? Perhaps group therapy or individual therapy.
I think hospitals are only to stabilize you during a crisis, and then you have to get outpatient care afterwards.
so, the psychiatrist kept on charge to make my treatment, but I found this other psychiatrist that is specialized on what I have, so he is the one doing it now.
I kept doing individual therapy (cant find any group therapy where I live), but I am always changing the therapist because haven't found one who is right for me yet (and who isn't too expensive).
my medication helps a lot with some basic things, but i am still with no motivation to do anything. my suicidal thoughts are almost literally killing me.

• Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
byebyered

byebyered

sunshine ☀️
Mar 9, 2022
I wanted to go to the mental hospital but my mom said she wasn't going into more debt because of me (:

• Aww..
  • Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, stermc, Regen and 1 other person
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Get some rest and sober up before making a decision.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, stermc, releasespieces and 1 other person
R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
It is always a good idea seeking help before commit suicide. It is also a good idea to try different help. My experience is, that an acut psych ward is not really helpful, but a clinic that is special for own problems can be helpful. Acut psych ward or planned rehab is really very different. I would always first try help and medicine, because death is waiting and after death there are no more options. But I know, that it can be very difficult to find good help......

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, stermc and aloneinwinter
releasespieces

releasespieces

Poles are shifting, death is looming
Jun 26, 2022
I would seek mental health counseling, but try to stay out of the hospital. I have all too much experience being in them and they are prisons more than anything else. Tell the doc what they want to hear and you get out, but it doesn't necessarily solve your problems. The decision is yours and only you know yourself well enough to know whether or not you're benefiting from it though.

In my experience most of the pain and grief people go through stems from early childhood development. I would look into your past and your relationships with your parents and family for answers as to how your mind is handling your current affairs.

All the best my dear.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, stermc and donealready
B

BurningMan

Dec 25, 2022
I would suggest sobering up before making any decisions. It's nice to see that you are reflecting on your past. These hospitals can vary in degrees of how helpful they are. I have been to one myself and it was OK. But it's usually a temporary decisions.

I am not sure where you are located, but in my country I know that they tend not to take those who have ingested alcohol and drugs not very seriously. I suggest going to a therapist to discuss options and make your decisions from there, and maybe even with your parents. Life is super confusing and it's OK to feel this way. Ultimately it is your decision how you go about your life.

Sending lots of love.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, stermc, releasespieces and 1 other person
stermc

stermc

libertas quae sera tamen
Nov 24, 2022
I wanted to go to the mental hospital but my mom said she wasn't going into more debt because of me (:
I am so sorry about that.
I don't know where you live, but isn't there any kind of public mental services?
Get some rest and sober up before making a decision.
thanks for the tip.
I am already sober.. gonna think about it for some time!
It is always a good idea seeking help before commit suicide. It is also a good idea to try different help. My experience is, that an acut psych ward is not really helpful, but a clinic that is special for own problems can be helpful. Acut psych ward or planned rehab is really very different. I would always first try help and medicine, because death is waiting and after death there are no more options. But I know, that it can be very difficult to find good help......
I keep telling myself to keep trying meds and everything, because death is always gonna be an option, but it's just getting heavier and pointless.
At this point of my life, I really just wish I had the guts to go, because I feel like I can't take it anymore.
I think I have tried everything I can and still have no motivation to move on and build something for my future.
Thanks for replying and giving your opinion! Means a lot to me
I would seek mental health counseling, but try to stay out of the hospital. I have all too much experience being in them and they are prisons more than anything else. Tell the doc what they want to hear and you get out, but it doesn't necessarily solve your problems. The decision is yours and only you know yourself well enough to know whether or not you're benefiting from it though.

In my experience most of the pain and grief people go through stems from early childhood development. I would look into your past and your relationships with your parents and family for answers as to how your mind is handling your current affairs.

All the best my dear.
My experience wasn't the best either. Even though I did get better at the time, I don't think I want to go through that process again. Nobody deserves to be in a place like that, honestly.
Thank you for your tip! I have been doing some kind of digging about my past but it's been hard.
Gonna think a lit more about my next steps.
Thank you! Wish you all the best as well ♥️
I would suggest sobering up before making any decisions. It's nice to see that you are reflecting on your past. These hospitals can vary in degrees of how helpful they are. I have been to one myself and it was OK. But it's usually a temporary decisions.

I am not sure where you are located, but in my country I know that they tend not to take those who have ingested alcohol and drugs not very seriously. I suggest going to a therapist to discuss options and make your decisions from there, and maybe even with your parents. Life is super confusing and it's OK to feel this way. Ultimately it is your decision how you go about your life.

Sending lots of love.
thank you so much!
I am going to talk to my therapist about the options I have left!
Much love to you ♥️

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, MideonNViscera, releasespieces and 1 other person