TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Figurative speech aside, I have been bothered by such logic (or rather illogical reasoning on others' behalf) such that the anti-suicide, suicide prevention crowd seems to want to control every aspect of life. The same people who say "Life isn't fair, get over it.", "Man up", "The world (or whatever, whoever) doesn't owe you anything", etc. are the same people who also want to control one's aspect of life. Well the counter rebuttal to their statements and claims (at least imho) are well if the world doesn't owe me anything, then I don't owe it shit either, I should be able to do what I do and not pay shit back. I also never asked to be born. (Obviously, I would never mention anything about CTB'ing, but I guess it is implied.)

Another example is that they demand that others respect them and their rights but yet they don't do the same when it comes to CTB'ing or choice. There is simply no logic here and this is why: In order for there to be (true) free will, then it goes both ways. It is not a matter of cherry picking and just choosing where free will can apply and where not. For example, they say well the world doesn't owe you an emotional comfort, yet on the same token, they would say you aren't allowed to CTB (mind you I never mentioned CTB for obvious reasons) and that you need to contribute to the world. Well fuck that, I have free will to and if I must respect others' rights, then they have to respect mine too. It is either they respect mine and I respect theirs, or neither, no in between. Since I respect their rights, by logic they should respect mine. However, since that isn't the case, I am left with having to (secretly) CTB without alerting them or letting them foil my plans/attempt.

TL;DR - People expect and demand you to respect them, do all the things that benefit them, yet they don't look out for your interests, thus making them hypocritical and illogical.

What are your guys' thoughts on this and how do you deal with these types of people? I wished there were better responses and actions against the people.

Last edited:
Reactions: throwaway_2620, RM5998, AtomicNewt and 4 others
W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
People: "life is pain but the pain only makes your stronger when you learn from your experiences"
Also People: "sorry I can't help you process that pain or help you learn from your experiences - you gotta figure that out on your own"

Reactions: ScorpiusDragon, Going Home, ithappens and 4 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Well, how would you rather have it? Should they suggest that you kill yourself?
No, but rather have a pro-choice stance. I am not saying that they should have that, but I am exposing their hypocrisy and double-standard. It would only make sense to have a pro-choice stance rather than a non-choice stance (unless they also respect their rights being violated -- which they don't.)

Reactions: throwaway_2620 and AtomicNewt
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
People: "life is pain but the pain only makes your stronger when you learn from your experiences"
Also People: "sorry I can't help you process that pain or help you learn from your experiences - you gotta figure that out on your own"

What does it mean to be "stronger" to most people anyway? For me, it has translated into turning off my emotions, functioning like a robot, and experiencing regular panic attacks. Not sure I can deal with this for much longer.

Reactions: ithappens and AtomicNewt
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
If a person dies, the only people who have to experience some form of discomfort are the ones around the dead person. (Said discomfort might be experienced for a myriad of reasons, the major one being that most people don't like the idea of death.) To minimize that discomfort, they try to prolong life for everyone.
It's an understandable mindset. Hypocritical, but understandable.

Reactions: inconsequential