AboutTom

AboutTom

Being born is not a gift but the result of a crime
Feb 9, 2023
TW: ed
I met my best friend in a pro ana discord server. I know that the community isn't perfect and im biased bc i met such a great person and at desperate times it was the only thing keeping me going. Having an ed is so isolating and being told you can't talk about certain things will inevitably drive the people who are most in need of help away. There used to be hundreds of servers tagged "ana" on disboard, all of them with lots of people. Now there are about 50, all either new or recovery themed. Does this mean there are less people with ed's? No! the numbers are only increasing, it just means that one community got wiped out and nobody has anywhere to go. I understand that if discord wants to keep their platform squeaky clean they can do that and I'll be looking into some forum or something. It's just really depressing that there doesn't seem to be any kind of acceptance for these places anywhere unless it's very niche and private.

Removing a server won't fix the issue, infact it'll likely make it worse. One of the worst things is ending up alone with your ed, i think that's more dangerous than having people know what's actually up with you and who support you.

Most people don't care that you're suffering, they care that it's an inconvinience to them.

• Love
Reactions: DarkDg21 and TheDevilsAngel
TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
I'm always here if you need to talk. I know how it feels to feel alone....I'm sorry to hear about your situation sending hugs

• Hugs
Reactions: AboutTom
AboutTom

AboutTom

Being born is not a gift but the result of a crime
Feb 9, 2023
I'm always here if you need to talk. I know how it feels to feel alone....I'm sorry to hear about your situation sending hugs
Talk as in private message? im up for a chat i just don't know the accepted manners in this place, kind of new here

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel
D

Dayrain

Arcanist
Feb 3, 2023
Most people don't care that you're suffering, they care that it's an inconvinience to them.
Great line and true.
Even more so, many if not most people don't care about a potential suicide of a person in their circles, they care about what others might think of them that they did not prevent it. That's the pro-lifers peer pressure.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DarkDg21 and AboutTom
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
So many humans just lack compassion towards the suffering that other people go through, it's just the reality. Of course most humans are too self centred to ever care.

Reactions: AboutTom