mistake22

mistake22

Feb 28, 2023
I work at a warehouse part-time and it's pretty shit.

It all started when I got assigned to another loading area. The area manager wouldn't stop fucking annoying me. He kept constantly ragging on me asking me if I was done for the day. I was drinking some water and he got on my case for it.

Later on, some fuck was loading up my conveyor belt more than the others. Idk why tf so many boxes where coming in my truck. It was nearly full and I had to skip on hydrating to keep up. The inside of the trucks are like furnaces so eventually I was like fuck it I need to drink. So when I came back my whole belt was completely filled. I probably took like 3 minutes filling up my water bottle which is not my fault either since the water tank is so slow.

The manager was getting more and more angry and chewing me out longer. He told me I was slow that I was making the work harder for myself and that I wasn't doing it properly. I wasn't stacking the boxes to the ceiling.

That was the most annoying part. He just kept saying "stack em to the top!!" Repeatedly. Imagine you're breaking your back on a low wage job with some asshole in the back yelling at you. I am not the confrontational type so I just left.

They just make it hard for me. The belts are sloppy and constantly get in jams, the water tanks take years to fill up a water bottle, the restroom is like a whole yard and half away, the superiors are constantly nagging or straight up being disrespectful.

I feel like I am working at Walmart again but I get low hours and low pay.

Could you guess who I work for? FedEx! I bet you didn't see that coming. One of the biggest logistic companies pays me less than 50 bucks a day. AND it's my 5th day too!!

Anyways I'm coming in tomorrow I just got annoyed. Wish me luck I'm gonna need it. Im either getting fired or I'm staying but I know I'm gonna get yelled at for sure.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sparr0w and SexyIncél
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds so stressful and awful being trapped in that situation. I think that it's true that humans exist just to be slaves to the society until they eventually deteriorate from old age and suffer a great deal in the process. But anyway I wish you the best of luck.

SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
That really must be dreadful, people can be so insensitive without reason. I hope your work situation improves.

F

foreversad16

Nov 9, 2022

It all started when I got assigned to another loading area. The area manager wouldn't stop fucking annoying me. He kept constantly ragging on me asking me if I was done for the day. I was drinking some water and he got on my case for it.

Later on, some fuck was loading up my conveyor belt more than the others. Idk why tf so many boxes where coming in my truck. It was nearly full and I had to skip on hydrating to keep up. The inside of the trucks are like furnaces so eventually I was like fuck it I need to drink. So when I came back my whole belt was completely filled. I probably took like 3 minutes filling up my water bottle which is not my fault either since the water tank is so slow.

The manager was getting more and more angry and chewing me out longer. He told me I was slow that I was making the work harder for myself and that I wasn't doing it properly. I wasn't stacking the boxes to the ceiling.

That was the most annoying part. He just kept saying "stack em to the top!!" Repeatedly. Imagine you're breaking your back on a low wage job with some asshole in the back yelling at you. I am not the confrontational type so I just left.

They just make it hard for me. The belts are sloppy and constantly get in jams, the water tanks take years to fill up a water bottle, the restroom is like a whole yard and half away, the superiors are constantly nagging or straight up being disrespectful.

Could you guess who I work for? FedEx! I bet you didn't see that coming. One of the biggest logistic companies pays me less than 50 bucks a day. AND it's my 5th day too!!

Anyways I'm coming in tomorrow I just got annoyed. Wish me luck I'm gonna need it. Im either getting fired or I'm staying but I know I'm gonna get yelled at for sure.
Good luck and well done, big respect for going back. Hope it works out or you find something better soon. I guess the guy hitting on you could be struggling himself and or under pressure from above not that I'm excusing his behaviour at all. Good on you for not reacting and walking away, you may just have made him think about his own behaviour. I really hope so.

SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023

I hope for your sake it gets better. I hate being in situations and professions like that, but we need the money sadly to pay bills so we can still have a roof over our head. If it stays like that for a year then the problem is the person yelling at you and not the people above him.