FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm never able to understand those who act like suicide is something so tragic when actually having access to a peaceful way to cease existing on my own terms would be very positive and prevent so much suffering. The existence of life is what is tragic to me instead, I find it very tragic how humans so selfishly decide to procreate even know existence literally causes nothing but suffering, it's insane to me when people act like suicide is the tragedy when in reality existence is the problem.

I find it comforting to think of not-existing for all eternity where all is finally forgotten about, I'd always prefer to not exist than to have the ability to suffer in this meaningless existence, how is suicide the tragedy when it's the way to find safety from suffering and peace from the burden of existing as a human. Existence truly is so cruel and hellish which is why I envy those who die, they are the fortunate ones, nobody who still exists here could ever be fortunate.

There's nothing tragic about peacefully not-existing, I only see non-existence as desirable as it's the ideal state free from all harm and torment. I see nothing appealing about suffering for decades just to be tormented by very old age and die anyway, there's no tragedy in escaping that, in fact I see so much beauty in ceasing to exist, it's beautiful to think of death erasing all the suffering.

• Love
Reactions: jello, Rogue Proxy, kotonearisato and 5 others
heliophobic

heliophobic

Memento Mori
Jan 29, 2024
Have you ever lost someone close to you to suicide? Just curious.

Reactions: divinemistress36
thetruetato

thetruetato

Student
Jan 1, 2024
I'm never able to understand those who act like suicide is something so tragic when actually having access to a peaceful way to cease existing on my own terms would be very positive and prevent so much suffering. The existence of life is what is tragic to me instead, I find it very tragic how humans so selfishly decide to procreate even know existence literally causes nothing but suffering, it's insane to me when people act like suicide is the tragedy when in reality existence is the problem.

I find it comforting to think of not-existing for all eternity where all is finally forgotten about, I'd always prefer to not exist than to have the ability to suffer in this meaningless existence, how is suicide the tragedy when it's the way to find safety from suffering and peace from the burden of existing as a human. Existence truly is so cruel and hellish which is why I envy those who die, they are the fortunate ones, nobody who still exists here could ever be fortunate.

There's nothing tragic about peacefully not-existing, I only see non-existence as desirable as it's the ideal state free from all harm and torment. I see nothing appealing about suffering for decades just to be tormented by very old age and die anyway, there's no tragedy in escaping that, in fact I see so much beauty in ceasing to exist, it's beautiful to think of death erasing all the suffering.
I think it's less about the person themself dying but rather the effect it has on others.

heliophobic

heliophobic

Memento Mori
Jan 29, 2024
I think it's less about the person themself dying but rather the effect it has on others.
Yup. That's why I asked the question.
More specifically, sometimes when you lose someone very close to you suicide, it changes how you view it in general. I don't mean it makes a suicidal person now want to live or anything like that. I mean that when you experience the role of the survivor you GET why suicide can be considered to be "tragic". You know how you felt when that person left you that way. Will you meet up with them in the same way on your time? Sure. But it was still sad as fuck when they went first.

Last edited:
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
If your parents or whoever lets you live with them killed themselves, and you were out on the streets, you'd probably be upset. I believe in the right to die, but I also acknowledge that some suicides (most?) leave at least a little devastation in their wake.

Reactions: seekingrelease22, divinemistress36, heliophobic and 1 other person
heliophobic

heliophobic

Memento Mori
Jan 29, 2024
If your parents or whoever lets you live with them killed themselves, and you were out on the streets, you'd probably be upset. I believe in the right to die, but I also acknowledge that some suicides (most?) leave at least a little devastation in their wake.
Exactly. That's why I don't believe that there's "nothing tragic" about suicide. An 11 year old committing suicide due to bullying is tragic. Ever having to sad enough, desperate enough to end your life, hopefully peacefully IS sad. I 100% believe in the right to die, but at the same time I wish that life were more gentle....which it never will be.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and WhiteRabbit