mafuyu

mafuyu

electric angel
Feb 9, 2023
I mean, there really just isn't. I'm not sure what I'm holding on for. I guess my cat, but I already know someone else will take care of her.

People die every day. Why is dying on purpose so difficult for others to understand?

I've been sleeping a lot lately. Maybe that's the solution. But then I wake up, and nothing is resolved. In fact, I keep having nightmares about past trauma. I don't get it. Why couldn't I have had a "normal" life?

Whatever.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tmbass, ranaway, BBBB and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's true that suicide really shouldn't be so stigmatised as after all death is the most normal thing, it's all that we are destined for so deciding to exit at a time of our own choosing could never be something that is wrong. I just think that many people refuse to accept suicide as being a perfectly valid option, as suicide represents what they fear which is death being preferable to life.

People don't want to come to terms with the fact that in many cases suicide is the better option. But of course there could never be a point to staying here, existing is completely meaningless and we are all just waiting until we inevitably die where this life won't even exist as a distant memory. Only the individual knows if they should continue to stay here or not.

Reactions: mafuyu
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
I agree, I'm not sure why I have to stay here either. I think life is a kind of puppet master; it drags you here, chains your ankles and taunts you with obligations as you try to leave. It's also true that sleeping is the only temporary pause to suffering available in life, but soon you are forced to wake up and experience it all over again. This society is structured from the core to convince people that death is not the answer, just take a look at the idioms in the English language, so it's unsurprising that people still hold life is in such high regard. I wish to leave this game and be done with it eternally. I hope you can find your peace sometime soon.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
life is completely pointless we're facing our own demise soon to be gone for all time

mafuyu

mafuyu

electric angel
Feb 9, 2023
I just think that many people refuse to accept suicide as being a perfectly valid option, as suicide represents what they fear which is death being preferable to life.

That and half of them think "God" is going to be mad if they kill themself and they'll go to "Hell" or whatever. At least that's how it is in my country.

When they're at their lowest, a lot of them only have God. Which isn't to shame believers, but it's weird to me how quite literally the only thing they have sometimes is the hope that their life has some kind of greater purpose. Sounds narcissistic to me. I'd hate to live that way.

Reactions: Archness
MewtwoIsAlive

MewtwoIsAlive

Suffering
Jul 11, 2020
Me personally I think that suicide can be taken only in extreme manners when there is truly no other way around. 99% of the problems that people kill themselves are resolvable, so think many other people. You might also feel sad if another person you know would take his own life because of "A B C". You might think that thats a not a good reason to kill yourself or you might think you could help him or that your situation is much worse,etc. So think a lot of other people, other people with different mind sets and problems would see your problem resolvable or not big enough and would want to help you. If it is too late they might feel sad or mad that they could help you. We are all different, see the world differently and gone through different things, thats why some people might not understand you and be sad/think it is worng.

Reactions: ranaway