• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
Bigger Houses by Dan and Shay
Perspective....

when i first heard the lyric, i thought it was right. that theres always going to be "better" . but in some cases, its better to be grateful for what you have. being an addict it also hit me in that way "yeah, no matter how much i smoke or what drugs i do, itll never be enough"

but then thinking about it again at a later date.... to live life, for me, feels like running on a treadmill. i dont feel like im going anywhere. due to my life circumstances it really doesnt matter if i die today or tomorrow. at least if im chasing a high, im chasing something. im running a race, even if that race doesnt have a finish line....

L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
To me this is why doing anything meaningful for me is regarding the journey, not just working towards an end result. Like you said, then I just feel like it's a treadmill and honestly I've achieved certain goals in life and didn't necessarily feel any differently. I've found way more fulfillment doing things that have impact on a daily basis and running the race so to speak over crossing the finish line.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim and Hvergelmir