lovemelovemenot

lovemelovemenot

what's the use...?
Jun 22, 2019
This phrase has always kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I'll be talking to someone about how I'm feeling low and they say something along the lines of, "you're not alone, thousands of others feel this way, everyone gets these thoughts..."

I know it comes from a good place most the time, people just dont want you to feel isolated, but those sayings have never made me not want to die any less. Yeah most people get these type of thoughts, but like most they come and go. For others, it's daily thoughts they've had continuously for years. Dreadful feelings and internal pain they can't seem to shake.

It's not that I don't believe others actually feel these things or to the same extent as me, but being made aware of the fact while in a dark place already isn't as "refreshing" as one might think. If anything, it makes me feel a bit shameful for even wanting to opt out of life to escape the pain when there are others who manage to find a way to cope through it all.

Overall, I just don't think it's something super helpful to say to someone whose talking about their issues and suicidal thoughts.

• Hugs
Reactions: OnlyMercy, binturong and disableddoll
W

wanttodie.nz

Student
Jul 24, 2019
I get that. I hate it when people say everyone feels the same way or there are others worse off than you. That doesn't make my problems go away

Reactions: lovemelovemenot
V

Vegrau

Wizard
Nov 27, 2018
No no no hell the fuck no. Others do not and cannot feel the same way as you. This is also the reason why human can never truly understand each other no matter how hard they try. Because nothing can measure feelings. Because we all have different experiences. Different pain tolerance. Different views. They talk as if they can represent everyone. But in truth they're just pulling lies out of their asses. Ahhh how infuriating that people can be this shallow.. omgfg I am so tired of their half ass nonsense.

Reactions: Broken Chimera, binturong, lovemelovemenot and 2 others
David Fontaine

David Fontaine

Aug 3, 2019
other people also being miserable makes me feel worse. If I was an isolated case, fine, I have a disorder. But with so many people suffering from depression, it just makes me think life's a joke in general.

Reactions: lymestolemylife
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
I remember as a child, my grandmother would tell me "Life is a game. Smile, smile, smile, and then once everyone is gone, THEN you can take off the mask and collapse into the arm chair and relax." I didn't understand then, but surely I do now.

OnlyMercy

OnlyMercy

No More
Oct 23, 2018
I love it when people also say "be grateful that you're still alive, others are dead but wish they could still have life". Like great! Put me in touch with those unfortunate souls and we'll trade places any given day lol

Reactions: imademypicture, Menschenfeind, HGL91 and 1 other person