O

OddOne

Jan 23, 2020
My new therapist tried to catch me slipping about CTB. :pfff::pfff::pfff:

I dont like lying so I just kept it vague.

Like most ppl she threw some pills at me because pills will fix my self-esteem and will help me find a good job. More so, pills will make sure I form normal fulfilling relationships with people.

It's all a joke. I have all the materials for S/N. I even found beta blockers that a family member uses for tachycardia. I dont know when my CTB will be, but it could be soon.

In the mean time I want to spend time with family's dog, play vidya, and see some good friends. The idea of CTB saddens me, but deep inside I've always felt CTB was going to be my way out. I had to have been under 10 for sure.

To all who are going to CTB, I think you are brave. I dont judge you, nor I encourage you, but I think you are brave. Taking control in the positive and negative is admirable.

How is everyone doing? What sort of therapy stories do you have?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Alec, TheGoodGuy, not-2-b-the-answer and 3 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Therapists can't prescribe. Do you mean psychiatrist?

Reactions: k75
SuicideBoys93

SuicideBoys93

I am the lord of loneliness.
Feb 10, 2020
My therapist would tell me I just need to get out more, and I just need to be happy. I got up, and left. She claimed I'm not that bad. I was like fantastic, you're miracle worker I'm not that bad. Me training to get comfortable with my 45 in my mouth wasn't bad. Another therapist who was touching on marriage counseling for me I think got hurt by alot of men in her life. She instantly spun everything on me saying I was trying to make everything about me. That I need to just to accept the fact my marriage is ending, and need to prepare for my wife to not love me. I started tapping my feet. She asked what are you thinking? I'm thinking you should take down that positive vibes sign down because you're actually toxic. I'm going to get up and leave now. She said I hope..... And I cut her off by saying save it. Clinic actually called me because this isn't the first time she's received negative feedback, and offered sessions free of charge. They assured me she wasn't employed with the clinic anymore. I said no disrespect to you but my wall was more comforting than your clinic. I'll pass.

• Hugs
Reactions: Alec, NoSuprises, Quarky00 and 1 other person
O

OddOne

Jan 23, 2020
Lulz @SuicideBoys93 . It really do be that way.

• Aww..
Reactions: SuicideBoys93
Mustkeyknow

Mustkeyknow

Experienced
Feb 8, 2020
My therapist says I need to find goals in order for me to want to live, stick to a routine and find meaning in life.

What a load of crap.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy, NoSuprises, Mooshi and 2 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Mine sucked, at least most of them as they don't offer anything 'useful' for my issues or problems. Instead, they spew inane platitudes and comments, ask me stupid questions like "how do you feel about" xyz or whatever problem, when I explicitly asked for help for a specific problem! :angry: I'm sure for some people (as well as people who lack self-awareness, self-introspection, and the ability to ask themselves questions about themselves, maybe that may be helpful), it may be beneficial to them and that's great, but it's not for everyone and I am one of the living examples of such. Here are my stories and posts related to why therapy isn't useful for me just fyi.

• Hugs
Reactions: Alec, TheGoodGuy and Mooshi
O

OddOne

Jan 23, 2020
My therapist says I need to find goals in order for me to want to live, stick to a routine and find meaning in life.

What a load of crap.

Hahahaha goals. My goal is to get over SI and move ahead with CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: Alec
Melkus2020

Melkus2020

Bad Character
Feb 19, 2020
Therapy is mystifying people trying to deal with a hard and traumatic life. My life is over no amount of pill they will hand to me. I'm not doing it because I am mentally ill. I want to do it because I am not happy with how my life has turned out. Euthanasia should be a human right.

Last edited:
E

elacnt

Some people are born with tragedy in their blood
Feb 18, 2020
Lol this is all a joke. My friend who knows I want to CTB keeps saying that I have to go back taking my meds because they will make EVERYTHING GOOD and I'll feel better and I won't want to CTB anymore lol the only thing I can do is laugh.
People don't understand that most of the time the will to die isn't only because of depression, could be so many other things that meds or maybe even therapy wont fix.

Reactions: BFishy
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
saying I was trying to make everything about me.
This is an interesting feedback . Telling a client to stop making everything about themselves , during their therapy session , about themselves .. good one .

A wall is never more comforting than a therapist , as abusing it is much less enjoyable .

Reactions: SuicideBoys93
B

BFishy

Student
Dec 25, 2019
Lol this is all a joke. My friend who knows I want to CTB keeps saying that I have to go back taking my meds because they will make EVERYTHING GOOD and I'll feel better and I won't want to CTB anymore lol the only thing I can do is laugh.
People don't understand that most of the time the will to die isn't only because of depression, could be so many other things that meds or maybe even therapy wont fix.
Could not have said it any better. After all it is so much easier for them to throw medicine at us than actually do some work and actually help us with our problems or put effort into more than watching the clock.

Reactions: elacnt
E

elacnt

Some people are born with tragedy in their blood
Feb 18, 2020
Oh and I can't even begin to tell what my past therapist would do. At the end she was already trying to convince me that I shouldn't dress the way I do, because I look like a teenager and I should look like an adult. She'd try to make me feel bad about having colorful hair etc

Reactions: Melkus2020
B

BFishy

Student
Dec 25, 2019
Jesus, yeah I'm depressed so put me down more. Yeah that helps my issues alot. My therapist was actually telling me her problems before. I was like, and who's time is this actually?
Wish I could make what they do. Hell the ones around me are like weather people. Usually what they say is off and no two agree with each other, but they get paid just the same.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Fire&Ash

Fire&Ash

Experienced
Apr 15, 2020
I went to therapy three times. The first said get a life coach. The second was the best one and I went to her three times maybe more but for some reason I stopped I emailed her and called her and she won't get back to me so ya. The third I just left in the middle of it he wasn't a therapist just a social worker it was dumb. I want to give therapy a chance again but the therapist I did like isn't responding to me idk why. And I haven't been able to find another one near me that is taking clients what a load of bs

• Hugs
LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
My therapist and psychiatrist are asking me all the time about thoughts of ctb. Even other people, such as social workers, due to my life circumstances. I'm not well, and think I will be going before the end of this summer. I feel bad for them, but there is nothing they can do to stop me. I'm really feeling done.

• Hugs
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Mine sucked, at least most of them as they don't offer anything 'useful' for my issues or problems. Instead, they spew inane platitudes and comments, ask me stupid questions like "how do you feel about" xyz or whatever problem, when I explicitly asked for help for a specific problem! :angry: I'm sure for some people (as well as people who lack self-awareness, self-introspection, and the ability to ask themselves questions about themselves, maybe that may be helpful), it may be beneficial to them and that's great, but it's not for everyone and I am one of the living examples of such. Here are my stories and posts related to why therapy isn't useful for me just fyi.
I don´t think anyone truly recovers they just get a LITTLE better shrinks are a scam, no one can tell me that out of almost 8 billion people in the world we are all the same some of us will never recover and it´s a waste of time and "money" to try just my thoughts.

Reactions: LMLN