• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

R

red24

May 28, 2024
Hi. This is probably the very wrong place to ask but I don't care about being correct. I presume that on this forum there are people as fucked up as me or maybe worse, so that is a reason I ask here and not elsewhere. I know from a friend that a risk of going to therapy is that you start talking and the psychologist listens and barely says a thing, so is like going in a bar and talking moonshine to random strangers. Besides that, and the fact it is quite expensive and I became very stingy in the last 2,3 months, does therapy help in any way or is just a way of lying to yourself that you are trying ? What is the benefit?

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
Here in the US, it heavily depends on the therapist and whether you get lucky. It's honestly a bit like dating. If you and your therapist "click" (you can easily talk to one another) and they are good at their job, then therapy can be amazing. Many people have had a large increase in quality of life from going to therapy. However, you can also get a therapist who doesn't care, doesn't listen, and doesn't actually address your problems. It really depends on who you see.

If you are asking this question, you seem like you want help and are willing to try. I would say try one or two and see if you can find someone to help you.

Reactions: limeoctave, ColorlessTrees, DefinitelyReady and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
There are many factors that have effects whether therapy is successful or not. A good therapist is important but it's not everything. Can therapy help to fix your issues? Do you now what's causing your MH problems? Can this be fixed with the help of a good therapist? Do you really want to give therapy a chance?

All this has effects on the usefulness of therapy; last but not least there might be more points that have effects on whether therapy is useful or not for someone.

It's a trial and error process until you find the right therapist and it'll take time.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Artemisia, limeoctave, ColorlessTrees and 3 others
T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
What everyone else said. Also I would add that if you're on the spectrum, as a lot of people here are, therapy can be incredibly dangerous and isolating. But even if you're not therapy can still be harmful, just like it can be helpful. I consider it to be a huge risk, that is sometimes worth taking.

• Informative
Reactions: limeoctave, ijustwishtodie, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
QueerMelancholy

QueerMelancholy

Arcanist
Jul 29, 2023
There are many factors that have effects whether therapy is successful or not. A good therapist is important but it's not everything. Can therapy help to fix your issues? Do you now what's causing your MH problems? Can this be fixed with the help of a good therapist? Do you really want to give therapy a chance?

All this has effects on the usefulness of therapy; last but not least there might be more points that have effects on whether therapy is useful or not for someone.

It's a trial and error process until you find the right therapist and it'll take time.
Definitely agree with this. Therapy is hit or miss and it won't solve your problems it will either give you a place to vent your frustrations or it will help you find better ways of appraising your situation and better ways of re-appraising the situation so you're not stuck in a rut thinking every bad thing that happens is gonna set your mental home on fire.

But you also have to be brutally honest with your therapist. They are humans too not mind readers or miracle workers you have to tell them how you really feel and what is truly bothering you. All the dirty details, all about your traumas, and what scares you and what you hate and like and love and everything really.

There are some good therapists out there who will try their best to help and there are some who will refer you as soon as they feel like they can no longer help you or if you're not participating like they think you should. Other ones will be less helpful and less responsive and those will probably be the ones who are either very expensive or the cheapest ones because they either have a small group of clients who come in once in a while to talk about work or business or marriage problems and the cheaper ones will probably have a lot of clients and be seeing many people a week and be tired and quiet and doing a million things at once.

It can take years to find a good therapist. It can take 6 to 7 or more until you find one you feel comfortable with. You have to trust them and feel comfortable enough around them, to be honest with them.

There's no silver bullet here. Find a good psychiatrist and if you're lucky they know good therapists that they work with. In my honest experience good psychiatrists know the good therapists because they tend to work together in teams for their patients.

• Informative
Reactions: limeoctave and Praestat_Mori
lovedread

lovedread

Tyra Banks screaming “LEARN SOMETHING FROM THIS.”
Jan 2, 2020
Hi. This is probably the very wrong place to ask but I don't care about being correct. I presume that on this forum there are people as fucked up as me or maybe worse, so that is a reason I ask here and not elsewhere. I know from a friend that a risk of going to therapy is that you start talking and the psychologist listens and barely says a thing, so is like going in a bar and talking moonshine to random strangers. Besides that, and the fact it is quite expensive and I became very stingy in the last 2,3 months, does therapy help in any way or is just a way of lying to yourself that you are trying ? What is the benefit?
I think it can help put things into perspective since (imv/om guessing) a lot of ppl here have issues regulating emotions (myself included) . Sometimes understanding my behavior and feelings are a result of xyz helps me realize it's probably not as world ending as i thnik

Reactions: limeoctave
R

red24

May 28, 2024
Thank you for the answers. I doubt I will wait 5 years to find a therapist, though :))

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
itsneverbeenmoreove

itsneverbeenmoreove

You are just my love
May 21, 2024
Therapy is all over the place. I've had a few therapists in my life, and I've been very lucky that most of them have been good. My current therapist is also a psychiatrist which might or might not help. Either way, he's usually quite helpful. Of course, not helpful enough that I'm not on Sanction Suicide. But he has got me through crises that in retrospect weren't that big of a deal. Of course, the main issue with therapy is that it exists within the confines of society, and thus is usually incapable of reckoning with things like "the world is really awful and societal collapse from climate change is going to happen in the next 30 years", but for day to day things, it can be useful. I think if you're intent of CTB (I currently am), therapy is still useful to make sure that you are making that choice for yourself and not for other people. Not that I think there's necessarily a "wrong" reason to want to CTB, but I do think it's better to be confident rather than spontaneous.

Reactions: limeoctave and red24
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I think it depends on your issues but, in my case, I see therapy as primitive as medival methods to cure the black plague were. This is only my take but I believe that therapy only works for those whose issues weren't bad to begin with. As for the rest, I doubt it would work. I don't see how therapy can fix the fact that I have to wage slave or how it can fix how I lack the desire to do anything and how I've always lacked the desire to do anything. Additionally, I have autism and I find it insulting to hear normies give me advice on how I should live my life as they don't know what it's like to be autistic.

I think that maybe therapy would be useful for me if therapists wouldn't lock me up for sharing that I'm suicidal and also if therapists actually acknowledged the shit that goes on in the world and gives solutions considering the world itself rather than the notion that I'm just a failed normie who needs therapy to be a normie. I'm not like that at all hence why therapy wouldn't work on me at all. Not to mention that it's genuinely so exhausting for me to talk to normies. I've had one session (against my will) and, after it, I was completely numb and socially exhausted.

Therapy definitely doesn't work for everybody and that's just a fact. Besides, SaSu has been a better place for therapy for me than therapy itself as at least I can vent here on any topic that I want to and for free as well with no waiting time

• Love
Reactions: innominesatanas44
R

red24

May 28, 2024
I am not autistic, my brain is normal. I have a high IQ probably, I am really stupid generally speaking, in many aspects, but my intellectual abilities are pretty high. For example I was able to pass an exam at university relatively recently learning about 2 days, a few hours a day, in a subject related to natural sciences, i took 7 out of 10 which is not awesome but is decent, and usually I am able to pull such feats, is not unusual. My memory is working fine. Anyway that is not the point I was just giving context. My core issue is that my brain is completely fucked up after my woman left me and I cant cope with anything and I would probably go to a shrink if I would not believe it is useless. I tried 3 4 times to contact a shrink and I gave up every single time. I can afford one, I am poor, but not that poor, it wouldnt matter to me a few hundreds euro, but I dont believe it will do any good. I will probably try to contact one in a few months if I am stil alive, but I dont see how a stranger could do anything in this regard. I believe that the inner life is not something that can be communicated. Anyway thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
Mywill

Mywill

Feb 6, 2020
It's a waste of time and mostly money, but the only legitment way for you to get "Helpful" Medications. Not all therapist are useless, terms-defining but (my experenice, 4 paid professional therapist) are hoping that "Just be happy" and self gaslighting will work on most cases.

Reactions: thenamingofcats and innominesatanas44
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Arcanist
Apr 15, 2024
Therapists are charlatans. I only go to one hesitantly so I can one day say "tried it, didn't work"

Reactions: thenamingofcats
A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024
Everything said above, but it also depends on your personality type. People with more extroverted personalities are usually less prone to self analyzing and so when the therapist asks "how does that make you feel", they then have to actually stop and think about it. The insight they gain about themselves, can be extremely valuable.
Introverts are however prone to self analizing, especially if they face problems, which they most often do. So it's usually a less eye opening experience. Extreme introverts, especially the rational kind... If they go to therapy, it's the therapist who ends up being psychoanalized.

Cinnamorolls

Cinnamorolls

Apr 28, 2024
There's many different kinds of therapy. CBT aka "talk therapy" which is what you're referring to does not work for a lot of people, especially people with direct trauma. There's other types that may work better like DBT, IFS, EMDR etc. Unfortunately, CBT is the "main" and most common type of therapy so you have to do some digging to find therapists who offer other modalities.