user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
she basically told me i'm selfish and ungrateful. she's not wrong. some of you would probably love to be in my situation. i have two loving parents and access to any therapy/medication/hospitals/mental health resources i need. i'm refusing all of it. i don't want to get better. this world sucks and it will never be worth it. i'm too tired and lazy from years of mental illness to put in any effort to recover. every day hurts more and more. maybe i should take my meds and try in therapy. but i won't. because i want to be dead. more than anything. i wish i could give everything i have to someone who wants and deserves it. save them, not me. i'm ruining my family and draining all their money. and then i'm going to kill myself and destroy them completely. i wish i had never been born. i'm an awful person. i hate myself. i'm sorry.

• Aww..
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: GarageKarate07, HopelessCookie, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 2 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
That's not a good therapist to invalidate your feelings. People can seem to have it all, but their minds tell them otherwise. Mental illness is complex and not everyone has an easy solution. I'm sorry you feel this way and sorry that your therapist has sunk you further into darkness.

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
spiderlily

spiderlily

Mar 2, 2021
Wow, that's horrible for a therapist to say or insinuate. Being selfish and ungrateful are already two of the things that gnaw at me most, and when I ruminate I think a lot of the same thoughts as you. It makes your SI or depression feel unjustified. But please know that's not fair to yourself. Don't invalidate your feelings--even if you compare your situation to others, imagine comparing people you feel have it worse than you to people who have it even worse than them: does that make the former "selfish and ungrateful, too?" I'd recommend asking for a new therapist.

EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
Your therapist sounds like she's full of shit. I would still commit suicide eventually even if I had all kinds of resources because there is no cure for what I have. Managing your symptoms doesn't make life worth living and it doesn't make the world any less of a dumpster fire.

The constant push for drugs and talk therapy is not a real solution as much as normies try to make it seem that way. What's the point in having all of the money and resources in the world if your life is pull of pain and suffering, much of which is unavoidable and not fixable. It's your life so only you get to decide, she sounds like a invalidating bitch.

• Love
Reactions: nitrogennitrite2

◄✵火✵〇°Ø•WÅR•Ī°〇✵火✵►

Student
Feb 22, 2021
I understand how you feel completely. Yes, this world sucks. None of this is your fault. Don't blame yourself for things that aren't your responsibility. Do what is best for you and don't put yourself down.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk
CatabolicSeed

CatabolicSeed

they/them
Feb 19, 2020
Get a new therapist, this is not normal.