prototypian

prototypian

May 6, 2024
I don't go into therapy cynically. I do want it to work. My practitioners and counselors never focus on what is wrong. They only know how to focus on how I view it. That approach doesn't work for me and has never worked for me. I want to close off my mind from my memories. I don't want to remain connected to what has been my past.

I want to close myself off from everyone and be ascetic and I want to erase all of the relationships I have ever had forever.

I spend my days with people being dependent on me and reminding me of things I'm supposed to do for them. I want to forget all of that. What I desire most is to have no interaction and nothing people depend on me for. No more opportunities, no more areas to socialize and find connections, no more reminding me of things.

The therapists focus on my view of the above. But as long as it exists I want to die.

• Hugs
Reactions: HereTomorrow and Forveleth
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
I can't relate to this specifically, but I can relate to therapists, more than one, not giving you the type of therapy that is most effective for you. I went through half a dozen in my attempt to feel better, and none of them would actually give me the type of therapy I needed despite me telling them what would be most helpful. It's an increasing problem that I'm seeing people reporting with mental health treatment and it's incredibly frustrating that it's happening. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you and you've ended up here.