Naysha

Naysha

Antinatalist+Goth
Jan 13, 2020
I was just having hearing regarding my disability benefits, I got it eventually but just the lowest possible level of it. Anyway what seriously frustrated me was that the woman talking to me was all like: You're young, this should give you time to get better so you can learn in time as fast as possible to work otherwise you will never have the working regime and might end up with no social security at old age.

I am sorry? I mentioned I have suicidal tendencies, multiple attempts and I have issues functioning, there was even paper from my useless therapist reporting how in dire situation I am. I do not want to get a job, I didn't asked to be born. I battle anxiety on every turn, none of the medications, talks or meditation works so I very much doubt I could improve in a way she expects me to. She legit thinks that young people's problem are probably nonsense or just sign of weakness and I felt like she doesn't really care or understands why is it impossible for me to function. Besides if I wasn't already so fked then I would still refuse to work. I find it disgusting that work is the ultimate meaning for humans these days and that they have no issue throwing their best years for meaningless slave work which only serves to the most rich who then laugh at you from their ships to Mars. It's seriously so weird for me that we have this system and we continue throwing more people into this because we have to keep the slavery wheel going. I just really wish people would abandon their bias and looked how stupid all this is. I guess I should have called this rant instead.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Fragile, 262653 and 10 others
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
You're young, this should give you time to get better so you can learn in time as fast as possible to work otherwise you will never have the working regime and might end up with no social security at old age.
Why do I read this as "you still have enough health left to be a wage slave, so do it"?

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, TheSoulless, Death. and 5 others
Naysha

Naysha

Antinatalist+Goth
Jan 13, 2020
Why do I read this as "you still have enough health left to be a wage slave, so do it"?

It was basically that. Also rich of her to think I wanna live to old age and when I said that she straight up told me: a lot of people say that and in the end live to old age. I mean ok??? What is that argument, she talks to highly suicidal unstable person I guess I should have took knife and just ctb right infront of her.

Reactions: Null84
Nuggest

Nuggest

Jan 3, 2020
Boomers tend to mix up serious depression with temporary, rebellious emo phases. Most are still stuck in the post-war boom mindset and are completely incapable of understanding why anyone could possible want to commit suicide.
Personally, I experienced the worst nut shot during my hospital stay - no one gives a f about your feelings, all 'they' care about is to return you to emotional state in which you are capable of getting back to work like a good little slave.
Even my parents forced me to go through hell just to finish that stupid bachelor thesis, all under the pretense of "being worried about my future".

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, 262653, TAW122 and 2 others
Naysha

Naysha

Antinatalist+Goth
Jan 13, 2020
Boomers tend to mix up serious depression with temporary, rebellious emo phases. Most are still stuck in the post-war boom mindset and are completely incapable of understanding why anyone could possible want to commit suicide.
Personally, I experienced the worst nut shot during my hospital stay - no one gives a f about your feelings, all 'they' care about is to return you to emotional state in which you are capable of getting back to work like a good little slave.
Even my parents forced me to go through hell just to finish that stupid bachelor thesis, all under the pretense of "being worried about my future".

And I love how they describe my anxiety over meaninglesness of existence as: unproductive thoughts. I just wanted to go: OK boomer, so hard lol.

Reactions: Nuggest
Finis Autem Spero

Finis Autem Spero

Dec 30, 2019

Because that's exactly what it is.

Those members of society not willing or able to generate profitable value for the oligarchs are seen as lazy worthless and disposable. Yay for capitalist propaganda!

Reactions: Null84
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, 262653, TAW122 and 4 others
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I've already accepted that I'll never retire and probably work until I'm dead. Maybe if I'm super lucky they'll bring me back from the dead to work some more!

• Yay!
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and AlexM
AlexM

AlexM

To find the outer edge
Oct 31, 2019
Yeah, and they'll be waiting for Thanks from you for possibility to work a little bit longer.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Ugh that sucks. When I went to get a documentation and for evaluation for disability stuff in the US (almost two years ago), the psychologist told me "you're still young, and if you work like a part time job, you'll be happier." Yes, he is a boomer, maybe a silent (people from the silent generation, born between circa 1925-1942). Either way, yeah it sucks and people just want others to wage slave for the rest of their lives, it's quite depressing and sucks.

@Brick In The Wall So accurate, I like the comics.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Brick In The Wall
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
people just want others to wage slave for the rest of their lives, it's quite depressing and sucks.
Well, the absolute majority doesn't know any other way, or just profits from it. It's to be expected

Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I think it's standard protocol.

I am a 9/11 First Responder on Oxygen, bedbound. I was rejected for disability.

Took me 3 years and a lawyer to get a court date. I went in front of the judge with my oxygen tank, being brought to the courthouse in an ambulance lol... and guess what. I was told I could work.

My lawyer got my disability.

• Hugs
Reactions: Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I think it's standard protocol.

I am a 9/11 First Responder on Oxygen, bedbound. I was rejected for disability.

Took me 3 years and a lawyer to get a court date. I went in front of the judge with my oxygen tank, being brought to the courthouse in an ambulance lol... and guess what. I was told I could work.

My lawyer got my disability.

My mom was originally rejected because they went back through every job she ever held back to practically high school (she was in her 40s at the time), and said 'here you can do this job!' her attorney, and the attorney for the other side even said 'uh, yeah that job doesn't exist anymore.'

CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
Wow. Just wow. That would be so laughably stupid, if we weren't talking actual human lives there. Sorry you had to went through this :heart:

Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Wow. Just wow. That would be so laughably stupid, if we weren't talking actual human lives there. Sorry you had to went through this :heart:
It was funny. My lawyer who was in the business for 14 years said she never saw this before.

I forgot to mention. Twice I was sent to a state doctor for a medical exam. They didn't believe my doc. That was fine.

Both times, while sitting waiting for the doc, I felt my oxygen dropping (I have respiratory failure with Hypoxia.). I told them. Nobody took me in to see the doc.

Both times EMS had to be called because Jean's oxygen dropped.

The actual state doc never examined me. I still could work lol.

BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Yes, I've been told to apply for disability, but this is one of the reasons that I don't even bother. I would end up going through hell and most likely making all of my conditions worse and there could only be two outcomes. Most likely I would be denied, but even if I did get it, it would be the tiniest amount of money they could possibly give me while I, as you point out, try to find some thing that I can do to become a wage slave for them again. And then you would be constantly harassed and have to constantly prove that you're still too sick to work. And then one day without notice they would just cut you off.
Someone told me in the US, it takes a minimum of two years and a lawyer to get any money, and that's if you're lucky. If you're not lucky, it can take longer. And right now I couldn't get anything anyway because I still have money for my husband and they wouldn't give it to me until that money runs out. But then I would have to wait the minimum two years after my money runs out to get it, so what would I do in the meantime during those two years? The system is set up so that you pay into it, but you don't get anything out of it. I mean every person pays into the disability and Social Security systems, but they don't get anywhere near what they pay in out of it. Or rather some people pay into it and get way more out of it than they pay in, while others pay into it and don't get anywhere near what they pay in. It all seems arbitrary and random.
And just like the health insurance companies in the US, they are set up to deny you as many benefits as possible. Yet they still expect you to pay in every month.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Finis Autem Spero, exhausted and 1 other person