I

ilovemybed

Dec 5, 2022
i have been expelled from uni and no one knew about it. and my friend just texted me that she will come to my nonexistent graduation ceremony thats coming in three days. kinda want to off myself right now oh this sucks. i shouldve change to a new number

M

MovingOn

Nov 29, 2022
Why did you get expelled from uni?
I quit uni myself, 3 years down the drain + like 10k. If I were to continue life, I would need to start over on a better major (I'm not american, different system anyway).

I

ilovemybed

Dec 5, 2022
Why did you get expelled from uni?
I quit uni myself, 3 years down the drain + like 10k. If I were to continue life, I would need to start over on a better major (I'm not american, different system anyway).
i didnt hand in my thesis. got no confidence finishing it. also im not american too hii. how are you doing now if i may ask? im just in a limbo rn after being expelled three months ago, seeming that you were in the same shoes as me got me curious..

M

MovingOn

Nov 29, 2022
i didnt hand in my thesis. got no confidence finishing it. also im not american too hii. how are you doing now if i may ask? im just in a limbo rn after being expelled three months ago, seeming that you were in the same shoes as me got me curious..
I completed my thesis while I was going through psychosis. I was advised not to hand it in yet I insisted (because I was literally insane). Fucked up my entire degree and quit (because I was going through psychosis, I did it before finishing all my courses LMFAO). I can laugh at it because it's just one thing I've fucked up while having my long mental breakdowns.

Right now, I'm still exhausting my options and seeing how my mood switches; the university I was in was the best in the country for business, but I was focusing on the IT side of things. I might be able to get into the 2nd best and this time focus on marketing for example. Maybe that would be worthwhile to stick around to. I'm less suicidal because I just came from a psych ward stay, I guess. But how I fucked up uni is like the cherry on top on the many fuckups my mental illness has caused me. Got debt too now.

I

ilovemybed

Dec 5, 2022
I completed my thesis while I was going through psychosis. I was advised not to hand it in yet I insisted (because I was literally insane). Fucked up my entire degree and quit (because I was going through psychosis, I did it before finishing all my courses LMFAO). I can laugh at it because it's just one thing I've fucked up while having my long mental breakdowns.

Right now, I'm still exhausting my options and seeing how my mood switches; the university I was in was the best in the country for business, but I was focusing on the IT side of things. I might be able to get into the 2nd best and this time focus on marketing for example. Maybe that would be worthwhile to stick around to. I'm less suicidal because I just came from a psych ward stay, I guess. But how I fucked up uni is like the cherry on top on the many fuckups my mental illness has caused me. Got debt too now.
you handled that thesis better than me. anyway best of luck with your future plans. ill keep my fingers crossed. you will get in ✊

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I'm afraid the time has come to finally be honest. It's understandable why you would want to keep that a secret and I hope the people in your life can be understanding.

Reactions: ilovemybed
M

MovingOn

Nov 29, 2022
you handled that thesis better than me. anyway best of luck with your future plans. ill keep my fingers crossed. you will get in ✊
Nah, unfortunately there is no good way to look at it. I lost a lot of time and money because I didn't take care of my mental problems. Luckily, I don't have full blown schizophrenia, I met a 72-year-old nice man who unfortunately does have, and it destroyed his life in many ways.

I think you should be honest about what happened. There's no shame about not having the strength to complete a thesis, then unfortunately being expelled. I imagine you can get back in somehow and finish that degree. A lot of people have been exhausted during COVID 19 lockdowns.

• Love
Reactions: makethepainstop and ilovemybed