TRIXI3

TRIXI3

may death be upon me
Jun 28, 2023
I work a dead end job as I've explained before, but usually a promotion is something to be happy about and is a new journey in life that you are supposed to be more than happy to take on… but idk, I'm too tired already and just don't want the responsibility that comes with it and honestly I'm so ready to quit, but the bills are too much to just let go of my job. I've been practically forced into the promotion by my employer and there's nothing I can really do about it. I have to begin attending classes and I'm just really exhausted and don't feel like it, and honestly I don't even have the energy to complete the tasks that are going to come with it. They seem to think that they're doing me a favor, but honestly they're making my life even more miserable and I don't even want this promotion, but I feel like I have no right to refuse it because they're forcing all of this upon me so sudden. I also feel as if I'll be criticized at just the idea of turning it down. I just want to find another job and tell them that I'm just tired of the job itself (which I am) so that I can avoid taking on these new responsibilities. God I hate it here. Feeling like just running away from reality at this point.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Sannti, alonely and 1 other person
W

Why Me?

Experienced
Apr 5, 2022
I had the same thing happen to me many years ago, it was a customer service phone job. It took a lot for e to get that job, and become comfortable with it. It became torture, because I had to read a lengthy salesy script to every incoming call. Then one day out of the blue they gave me a "promotion" and sent me a new department. They wanted me to make calls to people who used to be customers and convince them to start buying the product again. During the training, I had to listen to my co-worker/trainer force this poor woman who clearly was in shock to buy the product again, it was like witnessing a psycho telemarketing call. I knew it was not something I was going to be able to do, it was traumatizing for me and the customer. I quit the next day. I regret it though, because I now realize that it was the best job I could get, and they really liked me, and were kind too me. I just quit on them with no notice or explanation. I should have kept the job, but back then I did not know how to live off of $12/hour. I did not know how bad things would get for me, my judgement was of ignorance & mental illness. I wish I just told them to put me back in the other department, and learned how to live off that income.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That really does sound so tiring what you are going through, I understand why you would hate feeling so trapped in that situation. But anyway I wish you the best.