Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
I think this would be a cool place to share jumping locations with everyone.

You can state your country and if you know any good spots, and as time goes on I'll create a list in the OP to give people a helpful directory.

Just to start (I'll update it as I get more suggestions)

UK -

Beachy Head - Around 500ft - Cliffs - Falling onto stone and sand, need to be careful to choose right spot as it's not always a straight drop.
Vale House - 262ft - Residential area.

US -

Grand Canyon - 1000ft+

Reactions: Defenestration
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
There's nothing close for most people in the u.s., and even if you are close patrols and barriers make this tough to do. Not a realistic method for most people.

Reactions: Defenestration
Defenestration

Defenestration

I want to have the courage to defenestrate myself
Oct 25, 2020
Fance s'il vous plait SANS PROTECTION
THANKS

_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
USA - Astoria, OR

Clearance below: 196 feet (60 m - about 18 stories) at high tide

No nets / fence. Open to bike traffic.

Commonly used for ctb since it was built in 1966, but the state doesn't keep records as an effort to discourage such use.

8353674333 67bc4d6031 b

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ephemeralme, bridgegirl, fleetingnight and 1 other person
Defenestration

Defenestration

Oct 25, 2020
Thanks 😘
États-Unis - Astoria, Oregon

Dégagement ci-dessous : 196 pieds (60 m - environ 18 étages) à marée haute

Pas de filets/clôture. Ouvert à la circulation des vélos.

Couramment utilisé pour le ctb depuis sa construction en 1966, mais l'État ne tient pas de registres pour tenter de décourager une telle utilisation.

View attachment 143781
60nmeters in water....not dead

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
60nmeters in water....not dead
I just caught this part now. I disagree. It is a known ctb location. I grew up in the area and know of many successful ctb there.

"Falling 60 meters (197 ft) into water at high velocity can have serious consequences, including broken bones, a compressed spine, concussion, and even death:
Impact
The force of the water can be strong enough to knock someone unconscious on impact.
Velocity
The upper limit of human tolerance to impact velocity in water is around 100 ft/sec (68.2 mph), which is the equivalent of a 186-foot free-fall.
Paralysis
Impacting the water at 25 mph (40 km/h) can temporarily paralyze the diaphragm."

All that and then drown.

Reactions: ephemeralme and Defenestration
Defenestration

Defenestration

Oct 25, 2020
Je viens de saisir cette partie maintenant. Je ne suis pas d'accord. Il s'agit d'un emplacement CTB connu. J'ai grandi dans la région et je connais de nombreux CTB à succès.

« Une chute de 60 mètres (197 pieds) dans l'eau à grande vitesse peut avoir de graves conséquences, notamment des fractures osseuses, une compression de la colonne vertébrale, une commotion cérébrale et même la mort :
Impact
La force de l'eau peut être suffisamment forte pour rendre quelqu'un inconscient lors de l'impact.
Rapidité
La limite supérieure de tolérance humaine à la vitesse d'impact dans l'eau est d'environ 100 pieds/s (68,2 mph), ce qui équivaut à une chute libre de 186 pieds.
Paralysie
Un impact sur l'eau à 40 km/h peut temporairement paralyser le diaphragme.

Tout ça et puis se noyer.
Thanks for this informations

sneedvanderbeak

sneedvanderbeak

Jun 25, 2024
So, as stated previously, here's Pine Valley Bridge (450 feet or so): https://ropewiki.com/Pine_Valley_Bridge

Also, here's Long Beach International Getaway: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Beach_International_Gateway. Looks like it's only 205 ft above the water. Doesn't seem like it's good enough, but if anyone here has any stories or info that makes them believe otherwise, please let me know.

Here's a video showcasing more of the Pine Valley bridge. Now, the optimal strategy would be to go off the middle, right? Looks to be the deepest point. Based on what you see, does anybody think the vegetation there adds an uncomfortable chance of survival?

Reactions: Defenestration and _AllCatsAreGrey_
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024

Here's a video showcasing more of the Pine Valley bridge. Now, the optimal strategy would be to go off the middle, right? Looks to be the deepest point. Based on what you see, does anybody think the vegetation there adds an uncomfortable chance of survival?

I like sharing footage of locations here so that we can share our thoughts. Great idea.

It's seems the vegetation is fairly small and shrubby. That seems to be a plus. The most vegetation in center. Perhaps aiming for the pier on the left, that has the foundation on rocky land would be ideal. Even though it's slightly higher than the vegetation area. Thoughts?

Last edited:
sneedvanderbeak

sneedvanderbeak

Jun 25, 2024
I like sharing footage of locations here so that we can share our thoughts. Great idea.

It's seems the vegetation is fairly small and shrubby. That seems to be a plus. The most vegetation in center. Perhaps aiming for the pier on the left, that has the foundation on rocky land would be ideal. Even though it's slightly higher than the vegetation area. Thoughts?
Yeah, I guess it is fairly shrubby from what we can see in the video. I may have to just waddle down there to check it out and confirm. But yeah I guess the optimal choice would be to go a little to the left of center. Even though it's a bit higher, I believe it should still be close to a 400 ft dive, which I'm praying is enough. I will most likely check out the scenery myself soon. Getting there is going to be pretty expensive for my current budget, but I hope it ends up not mattering in the end. Because if I end up not being able to go through with it, getting back and re-planning is going to be a huge pain. Guess the only real strategizing after picking the area is the posture. I hope just letting myself fall over facing the ground below is gonna be enough. Not sure how difficult it'll be to land on my head from there. And if I can't go through with it, you'll hear more about the area from me anyway. Probably.

_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
USA - Astoria, OR

Clearance below: 196 feet (60 m - about 18 stories) at high tide

No nets / fence. Open to bike traffic.

Commonly used for ctb since it was built in 1966, but the state doesn't keep records as an effort to discourage such use.

View attachment 143781

Here is a video of a person biking over this bridge. Around 3:48 you can see a platform with a ladder. People have been known to access this to climb higher up the bridge.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
There's nothing close for most people in the u.s., and even if you are close patrols and barriers make this tough to do. Not a realistic method for most people.
There are plenty of buildings tall enough, but there are built so that jumpers can't get access to the high enough areas, you never hear of jumpers in the big metro area i live in. Jealous of countries where this is easy, I think Russia is one- you have a way out if you need to stop the pain.

R

RW__Asher23

Global Mod
Dec 11, 2022
Hmmm I answered this once already but hey see my post in "Favorite US Bridges for Jumping" Post. Royal Gorge Bridge, 1000ft. chest high fence easily climbed Zero survivors that jumped from this bridge. See post, good luck in whatever you decide to do from now on. Wish you a good journey to your destination no matter what it might be. Peace.

Reactions: ephemeralme and _AllCatsAreGrey_