Stoldy

Stoldy

Born loser
Apr 20, 2023
The fact that having a job is the crux of stability is so irksome. It's unhelpful to be constantly reminded that you have to get one. It's doubly irritating that even those who want one can't get one that easily, with fake job offers being the norm. I've been told you have to treat jobfinding as a job in and of itself. It's a job to get a job. Living is a goddamn job. Seriously. It's societal absolutes like this that make me wonder, earnestly, why I shouldn't CTB.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhyWasIBorn, corazon, ZoloftSĂĽchtig and 3 others
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Yea vry sry this ppl v awfl no see sffr no see any ,brainle species frc wrk frc sffr, yea v awfl no see sffr no see mntal etc ,
Also job trbl thing vry nonsns

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Stoldy
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Definitely. I'm so sick of being on this Capitalist treadmill. Just feels like being a hamster in a wheel and- if you stop running, you just get thrown out at high speed.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Dead Already, WhyWasIBorn, tora and 3 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I prefer CTB instead of degrading me to a 9-5 slave.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dead Already, EndJstifiesTheMeans, WhyWasIBorn and 4 others
DazaiKinnie

DazaiKinnie

Cringe Isekai Author
Apr 27, 2023
The fact that having a job is the crux of stability is so irksome. It's unhelpful to be constantly reminded that you have to get one. It's doubly irritating that even those who want one can't get one that easily, with fake job offers being the norm. I've been told you have to treat jobfinding as a job in and of itself. It's a job to get a job. Living is a goddamn job. Seriously. It's societal absolutes like this that make me wonder, earnestly, why I shouldn't CTB.
Kinda in the same situation. The town I am in has no IT companies I can work at, my only other option is commerce which I have no experience working in, and ended up getting rejected by multiple stores, how hard is it to be a cashier that you have to rejected me over my skill set?
And plus when you get a job, 90% of the money if not more goes on expenses and you have very little left to spend on what you enjoy, and plus a job robs 8 hours of your life daily, makes you very tired, your routine will be working, chores and sleeping. That's how I see it at least,

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream, damianshawl and Praestat_Mori
ikadasui

ikadasui

Arcanist
May 29, 2018
It's a lot of fun man! And hey, if you can't find a job or get fired or get laid off anything at all man you can enjoy the streets! It's so much fun, and another thing my good friend the ever increasing cost of living means that unbearably shitty job might not even cover it! so great news friend you get to downsize or find joyous roomates to live with because that's fun and we love making life fun for our fellow humans as much as possible what fun

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream and Praestat_Mori
natthebrat

natthebrat

only help i want is with ctb
Jul 9, 2023
I know. That's most of the reason I'm here on this forum. I guess I've always had mental health issues, but they got infinitely worse just under four years ago when I had to start working. I'm even fine with the actual work part, just can't deal with customers and chatty coworkers. I really wish remote work had stayed the norm, that would make work so much more tolerable, for me anyway.

• Hugs
John Ryder

John Ryder

"You're a smart kid...you'll figure it out."
Jul 7, 2023
I'd have literally gone without working a day in my life were it somehow possible. There is a lot of truth in the adage "Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life" but most don't have that luxury and luck is a big part of the recipe. My work ethic is atrocious regardless, true, but the very romanticization of "work ethic" is a capitalist conceit to validate yes men and sycophant ladder climbers that they're somehow embroiled in something more than a slightly elevated hamster wheel. Hehe~

• Hugs
Reactions: WhyWasIBorn, CTB Dream and Praestat_Mori
D

damianshawl

Jun 9, 2023
Pretty much have no money and I've been receiving constant rejections. I don't have any idea where I'm suppose to go in life anymore. Parents didn't exactly set me up for this life. I've been trying but I'm at the point where I'm exhausted and don't see a future for myself.

I wanna CTB. Tomorrow is my birthday and if I could have one wish it would be to die. So hopefully I can make it come true tomorrow.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhyWasIBorn, CTB Dream, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
D

deomlez

Not english native speaker. Ctb is my life.
May 19, 2023
Hmmm not the same feeling, perhaps bc at this time, my work is enjoying (but i have worked to reach that, and had more than 25 years of bad firms with silly managers). I know it s also luck and I have no heavy mental illness and i am smart so i assume it s linked.
Work is a little thing that helps me to go along with the life until my bus comes. Sometimes it s hard to socialize, luckily i m only 2 days a week in presential (and sometimes less when i can scammer haha). My manager is the best I had, even if his motto is "life is short, enjoy it 48h a day" 🙄 (not saying it often, he knows i m not on the same trend).
But I don t work harder to earn more (**reminder of an idiot, french people will understand this joke**) because i have not great needs at +50 years old. I stay bc I want it. It s a big difference.

• Hugs
tora

tora

lonelycity
Jun 11, 2023
working is like 90% of the reason I'm going to CTB. I'm so insanely burnt out. I have no degrees and I'm not smart so I'll never get a high salary job. my only future would be working shitty, exhausting jobs that have no benefits and pay barely anything, and there's absolutely no chance of me ever having enough money to retire. I can't live in a world where the only way to survive is to spend your entire life slaving away at a place that makes you miserable.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: damianshawl, WhyWasIBorn and CTB Dream