Rhaiyne

Rhaiyne

"To be - or not to be.... That is the question"
Jul 4, 2021
Before I go... yes, I'm choosing to leave SS.... I actually wanted to mention some things I have learned while being here.
Suicide and suicide ideation is not new to me at all. Like many people, I come from a very traumatic background. I have spent most of my life blaming my past and everyone who contributed to my pain and devastation.
I came here in the hopes of being with *likeminded* people who had no fear talking about suicide, to connect with people who could completely understand.
There is so much I have learned from being here - things I cannot unlearn, I cannot unsee. I believed this place to be pro choice and I've seen various discussions on this and *prolifers*. What I have come to learn on here is that pro choice is conditional... pro choice only if you speak about death or killing yourself. People who have spoken up about things that didn't resonate with them or spoke up against abuse by some on here to bereaved families were called prolifers and banned. Yes... some of you are concerned about the pain you will leave your family in should you kill yourself... some from here, including mods, have abused those bereaved families... your family may also be targeted. Is that right?? People have bitched about the recovery thread... wow... people chose to try recover, they work hard to try recover yet people moan about its very presence 9n here. Pro choice? Why is there not as much information on choosing life as there is on choosing death. Very one sided.... so not entirely pro choice.
What I have learned... more recently... is that there is a strong undercurrent here of being pro death. People on here talk about those in real life who don't care about them.... there are many on here who don't care about you either and I think we fool ourselves into thinking they do because we want someone to care....
So so many on here have diagnosed mental health issues and/or autism, immediately making them vulnerable. There is not much in the way of possible help... there is no talk of obtaining proper help... except to tell people what NOT to say to their therapist. No one will be able to seek full help unless open, honest and transparent. Yes sometimes our families don't get it... how could they... but you don't know the life experience that someone else may have had... who has recovered.
Some people on here know others who are suicidal and who have children and still there's not real talk to to help that person. Instead they will be wished a safe journey on their way to kill themselves. Some on here will say how they didn't ask to be here etc... that people shouldn't have children for various reasons... that their parents fucked them up... but have no problem in other peoples children to be fucked up... such double standards... we change the context to suit ourselves and that is learnt behaviour. Thats a mass produced mindset!
I've also learned that this website has strong links to - possibly same owners as other sites such as the one for incels. Im sure most have heard about the shooting in Plymouth, England. That chap claimed to be an incel. He killed people including a 3 year old child. People on the incel website- linked to SS were calling him a hero. A hero for gods sake.... what the actual fuck!!!!
I do not want to be associated with a website... calling itself prochoice but actually has people glorifying death and calling those who kill children as a hero. As much as I may loath myself and I'm extremely suicidal - I know, without a doubt, that's not the person I want to be nor do I want to be associated with it and I certainly don't want to die thinking I'm a part of it.

I'm sure this thread will disappear as soon as it's been reported to the mods.. and I will be banned - permanently - which will show that its not really pro choice. Thats what happens... threads are deleted... especially when there's the threat of truth in them.

So, to all those who are in so deep... Im truly sorry for your pain, your struggles, low self worth, thinking that no one else could possibly understand - you are all hugely intelligent... just think a little more about what you read, how people respond. Don't just accept.... I really hope you can find a way to give yourself a chance and choose hope. I'm choosing hope....

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics and MartyByrde
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Oh come on for god's sake, another post about the incel stuff. Like, do you think we're responsible for what some retards say on another forum?

The reason why the recovery section is smaller is that most people who come here don't do it to recover.

Good luck with your recovery, though.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Pure, NearlyIrrelevantCake, patheticpartner and 1 other person
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Most here have already made their choice. You don't hang out on a suicide forum if you choose life.

Reactions: Ashu, Pure, NearlyIrrelevantCake and 3 others
MartyByrde

MartyByrde

Experienced
Mar 15, 2020
I hope your post isn't deleted. I think you bring up valid points. It took this site literally years before they'd allow a recovery section. Considering most members don't actually suicide, this shouldn't have taken such effort to have it available.

More recently, the influx of angry, angst-ridden incels has changed the site for the worse. It's becoming a mini incels.is. With their shared ownership, perhaps it was bound to happen sooner or later.

I wish you well in recovery.

Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake and Rhaiyne
Rhaiyne

Rhaiyne

Jul 4, 2021
Most here have already made their choice. You don't hang out on a suicide forum if you choose life.
Not pro choice then really... pro suicide.... people sometimes hang out on these forums so be heard... not everyone on here is choosing death...

Amumu

Amumu

Aug 29, 2020
Not pro choice then really... pro suicide.... people sometimes hang out on these forums so be heard... not everyone on here is choosing death...

What she meant was choosing recovery while hanging out on a suicide forum is completely weird.

Even if you only read the recovery section the atmosphere won't be very positive, it's logical.

Nobody encourages anyone to die here, I don't know what you're talking about. It's in your mind.

More recently, the influx of angry, angst-ridden incels has changed the site for the worse. It's becoming a mini incels.is. With their shared ownership, perhaps it was bound to happen sooner or later.

People say that every month since the birth of this website.

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
The pro-choice rhetoric is not so much about debating different choices but rather a complaint that people in your life don't understand or respect your choice.

For the better for worse, there's a huge barrier between making the choice and taking the action that not everyone can or will overcome. Those who change their choice leave the site, which is why you don't and won't see an even representation of the different choices.

Reactions: Amumu
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
Nobody here is being forced to ctb. The general mindset is negative, but can you blame people if death is popular?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashu
Rhaiyne

Rhaiyne

Jul 4, 2021
What she meant was choosing recovery while hanging out on a suicide forum is completely weird.

Even if you only read the recovery section the atmosphere won't be very positive, it's logical.

Nobody encourages anyone to die here, I don't know what you're talking about. It's in your mind.

People say that every month since the birth of this website

People say that every month since the birth of this website.
Why are you so concerned about me possibly saying that suicide is encouraged. I've not said that... why are you so defensive.... ???? I said... not everyone here is choosing death.... some do not.. some choose life and go on to recover...
It's the defensiveness surrounding encouragement that concerns me.... *shakes head... in my mind*...
Nobody here is being forced to ctb. The general mindset is negative, but can you can you blame people if death is popular

The pro-choice rhetoric is not so much about debating different choices but rather a complaint that people in your life don't understand or respect your choice.

For the better for worse, there's a huge barrier between making the choice and taking the action that not everyone can or will overcome. Those who change their choice leave the site, which is why you don't and won't see an even representation of the different choices.
Changing context to suit our needs....

Last edited:
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Changing context to suit our needs....
The bottom line is, and always has been, that if you're looking for an uplifting and life-affirming social experience you're in the wrong place. This community is not for that. You'd be better served by, well, just about everywhere else.

• Yay!
Reactions: Ashu, mustard_glass, OnlyTheWind and 2 others
Amumu

Amumu

Aug 29, 2020
What is also find baffling is that some people keep complaining about this place while it's literally this only place on earth where you can talk about suicide, suicide methods, etc. without being locked in an institution. Without it people wouldn't know where to put the gun with firearms, would keep using paracetamol or bleach for suicide, would be completely crippled after jumping out of the window of a small building.

On the other hand, I don't see a lot of negative stuff, except for unfounded stuff like "blah blah Marquis also owns the incel website" or "it's not really pro-choice because fixthe said so" or "people say I wish you peace, it's really mean". See the discrepancy? On one hand, people don't blow their faces with shotguns thanks to SS, on the other hand some SS users aren't .... very polite or tactful.

Reactions: OnlyTheWind
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
It is a tightrope walk.
This is one of the very few places on the internet where those affected can still openly exchange information.

People who don't have mental or psychological problems will hardly find themselves here.

And I always try to keep everyone from doing something rash - life is valuable - no matter how bad it may be sometimes.
Of course, that can come across wrong - but it often turns out that some members do stop and try to find a solution.
And those who have made their decision irrevocably go their own way - and that is also okay - they would have done that even without their presence here.

• Love
Reactions: Pure