FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I wanted to post this as even on here I often come across unsolicited advice, and empty pro-life type platitudes which isn't the point of this discussion section which should be a place for suicidal people to vent and have their wish to die respected.

It's a suicide discussion, not a "helping" people forum and if people are so obsessed with saving others because they see so much value in something as dreadful about existence and doing such a thing makes them feel better about themselves, then they have the other section for that, there's a reason why this site has separate sections, some people just want to escape from anything pro-life.

The suicide discussion should be free from toxic positivity and pro-life platitudes, it's insulting to tell people things like "get therapy, get help" and it's insensitive to push unsolicited advice onto people when they are only venting, if people wanted "help" then they wouldn't be on here in the first place or would be in the other section of the site, positivity related to continuing to exist doesn't belong in the suicide discussion. And anyway I just think that "recovery" is a delusion anyway, existing truly is something so dreadful where there's no real relief from suffering, existing beings are destined to decay and are doomed to suffer, and that's the reality.

• Hugs
Reactions: Gonnerr, Rogue Proxy, Justnotme and 4 others
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
I understand what you mean but we are only human after all.
If I may be so bold to say it, your views are pretty extreme and just not everyone agrees with them.
Therefore, we have different boundaries to which is toxic positivity and what is not. After all, we don't encourage suicide here :)

• Love
Reactions: charlotte_, Guckmalerin, XIII and 13 others
nureinFuchs

nureinFuchs

Whatever happens, happens...
Apr 1, 2023
I agree with you FuneralCry

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and The anhedonic one
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
It's infuriating when this kind of thing happens.
SaSu is a sanctuary away from all that pro-life annoyance.
Why can't these goody two shoes types just fuck right off and leave us all alone to vent in peace ?

Reactions: noxu77, Rogue Proxy and Praestat_Mori
SpiderLink

SpiderLink

they/them
Apr 3, 2023
I wanted to post this as even on here I often come across unsolicited advice, and empty pro-life type platitudes which isn't the point of this discussion section which should be a place for suicidal people to vent and have their wish to die respected.

It's a suicide discussion, not a "helping" people forum and if people are so obsessed with saving others because they see so much value in something as dreadful about existence and doing such a thing makes them feel better about themselves, then they have the other section for that, there's a reason why this site has separate sections, some people just want to escape from anything pro-life.

The suicide discussion should be free from toxic positivity and pro-life platitudes, it's insulting to tell people things like "get therapy, get help" and it's insensitive to push unsolicited advice onto people when they are only venting, if people wanted "help" then they wouldn't be on here in the first place or would be in the other section of the site, positivity related to continuing to exist doesn't belong in the suicide discussion. And anyway I just think that "recovery" is a delusion anyway, existing truly is something so dreadful where there's no real relief from suffering, existing beings are destined to decay and are doomed to suffer, and that's the reality.
I read many of these threads, and I haven't really seen this? Besides a couple. Calling recovery a delusion may actually be hurtful for those trying to recover, working to recover etc, everyone can have their personal opinions, but every message u send is how much u hate existing, and it feels like everyone has to believe what your saying. Are you speaking for everyone? Or just yourself? There's nothing wrong with what you're saying, it's just the wording you're using (maybe it's just me tho?)

• Love
Reactions: charlotte_, Guckmalerin, purity and 6 others
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
I agree with you. Although, I've resigned to the point where life-warriors will find their way on here. And, let's be honest, not everyone on here is REALLY going to go through with suicide. They're depressed and looking for some place to rant because doing so to their loved ones or anyone else will get them misunderstood and judged. Here, they feel safe to type out whatever suicidality that crosses their mind without being so. Also, they ARE looking for encouragement. So, perhaps they should be over on the "Recovery" leg. It says it on the door... "RECOVERY". However, this is a dark place where they can be honest and (in their minds)... hopefully someone comes along and gives them a reason to hold on.

I have my own thoughts about that. But who am I to judge. Honestly, I just ignore that stuff because it doesn't pertain to me. Also, I'm happy leaving life. I know that I'm unique in that thought. I see life and humans as hopeless, and I'm very happy with my decision to leave. Writing here brings me peace. I don't really care what a life-warrior has to say. If someone is coming here for hope... god bless them.

Last edited:
Reactions: The anhedonic one, SpiderLink and murmur