Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i wouldn't come alive enslaved inside a deathtrap fragile delicate flesh meat machine that's riddled with disease and sickness and decay,
a machine that's easily damaged and impossible to repair, a machine that's too stupid to comprehend the environment it finds itself in,
a machine that lacks the abilities required to really live like manipulating and seeing individual atoms, a machine so stupid it can't even start
to understand how it's inner workings work, a machine that can't even comprehend that's it's a machine

Reactions: landslide2, DeIetedUser4739, sserafim and 5 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Yay!
Reactions: Contraband, landslide2, Forever Sleep and 3 others
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
And these stupid machines all bully and exploit each other

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, landslide2, DeIetedUser4739 and 3 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I watched idiocracy yesterday and that movie reminds me of humanity right now. Most people are stupid and the stupid really have inherited the earth

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, sserafim, derpyderpins and 1 other person
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
It's more like the unthinking or those able to ignore reality, but yeah. I know too many objectively "smart" people who still act like NPCs.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, thebelljarrr and Darkover
H

Hvergelmir

Student
May 5, 2024
It's more like the unthinking or those able to ignore reality, but yeah. I know too many objectively "smart" people who still act like NPCs.
Good point. Thing is that society is complex and we all have to specialize.
If you enter my area of expertise, you'll probably appear like an NPC out of lacking interest. Or "ignorance" as, I may put it.

I wish people could just put a hundred hours or so, listening to the experts in my area of interest, but I won't do the same in yours.

I think staying curious and trying to learn as much as possible is the way to go, but no one can keep up with everything.
That's my attempt accept the stupid. Like you say "objectively smart" people are also stupid - it's not an issue about mental capability.