• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Dear Agony

Dear Agony

The Void
Jan 24, 2020
In all threads about hanging here I found a mention of a "sweet spot" in the neck, some even with pictures. But, at the same time, there are multiple threads saying the goal is to block your carotid arteries and not your trachea, that if you put the noose way too high, that the death will be very painful and probably from asphyxia.
The thing is, isn't the sweet spot high up the neck? Lol. Like literally I tested it on myself, and the only place I can feel a very strong pulse is between my jawline and the middle of my neck... and so are the pictures of the so called "sweet spot". So are you supposed to go for the bottom or the top? I'm so confused.
I might be over analyzing this, but unfortunately failing isn't an option for me, and the thought of struggling for air for minutes on end is... terrifying.

Reactions: niiina
D

Drimacus

Student
Jun 9, 2021
In full I would definitely place the noose just above the AA and just under the chin.

Dear Agony

Dear Agony

The Void
Jan 24, 2020
In full I would definitely place the noose just above the AA and just under the chin.
Most threads here say it's faster and less painful if you place it at the bottom though, hence my doubt... My only fear is following that instruction and it not being enough to close up my arteries.

D

Drimacus

Student
Jun 9, 2021
Most threads here say it's faster and less painful if you place it at the bottom though, hence my doubt... My only fear is following that instruction and it not being enough to close up my arteries.
Most of those threads discussing partial.

Reactions: Kimuraaaa and Deleted_9cKnXB34QG
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
You don't need to worry about this stuff with full, just make sure to tie a proper knot, have a strong anchor and rope, that's pretty much it.
All this sweet spot/artery compressing/rope positioning is for partial.

Reactions: Dear Agony and Drimacus
Dear Agony

Dear Agony

The Void
Jan 24, 2020
You don't need to worry about this stuff with full, just make sure to tie a proper knot, have a strong anchor and rope, that's pretty much it.
All this sweet spot/artery compressing/rope positioning is for partial.
Okay, that pretty much solves my doubt, but I have one more question. If I don't have to worry artery compression, does that mean no matter what I do, I will die by asphyxiation? Because most people in the videos I watched of full suspension are unconscious within seconds. Does that mean that the artery compression happens even if they don't try? Because I don't think it's even possible to become unconscious that fast by asphyxiation...

D

Drimacus

Student
Jun 9, 2021
The most common cause of death from full hanging is still hypoxia (i.e. compression of the carotids).

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and Dear Agony
Dear Agony

Dear Agony

The Void
Jan 24, 2020
Exactly, once you hang the gravity will do the rest, so full is technically easier than partial. It requires more courage tho - that's why I'm still here, lol.

Some people put the knot at the front of their neck, they're still able to breathe but die anyway https://theync.com/pretty-girl-in-sundress-hangs-herself-on-facebook-live.htm
That video though! I've watched it before. I wonder if the woman was intoxicated, and even why she did it, because she had... no hesitation. She doesn't even look ahead for a second or prepares herself. She just does it. She doesn't look afraid or sad or even panicked. Like she's just doing laundry. That puzzles me a lot. Maybe I'm just a snowflake lol.
I also wonder about the success rate with the noose in front of the neck, it obviously compressed her arteries really fast because she goes unconscious within seconds...
My only fear is not going unconscious, just choking to death and struggling for minutes. I've watched videos like that and they're terrifying. Poor souls. As long as I'm out in 15 seconds, I don't care about the pain.

Reactions: Felix007
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
She looks drunk and there are some bottles on the floor, but yeah she was absolutely determined to just end her life right then and there.
I think there comes a time when you're so done with everything and numb that nothing matters - pain, agony, risk of failure. You just get up and do what needs to be done.
Some people on those videos look like they're in a trance - Marcus Jannes is another good example, he did partial with zero hesitation. There was also this russian guy https://theync.com/russian-guy-hangs-himself-on-facebook-live.htm

It's morbidly fascinating. They make it look so easy...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dear Agony
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
You are confused or repeating bad information. Any rope should be above the Adam's apple to reduce discomfort.

Reactions: Drimacus and lobster salad
Dear Agony

Dear Agony

The Void
Jan 24, 2020
You are confused or repeating bad information. Any rope should be above the Adam's apple to reduce discomfort.
Actually, I found it in the suicide wiki which is linked here on suicide resources. It says the rope should be below the Adam's Apple, or it closes your airways and you die of asphyxia. Apparently that information is wrong and unreliable based on the answers here, so I don't know what it's doing there. I know for sure where I feel a strong pulse and where my sweet spot is, and it's between the middle of my neck and my jawline, so I'm just going with that.
I might have misinterpreted what I read, but I doubt that, because they have pics of the "ideal position" and everything.
She looks drunk and there are some bottles on the floor, but yeah she was absolutely determined to just end her life right then and there.
I think there comes a time when you're so done with everything and numb that nothing matters - pain, agony, risk of failure. You just get up and do what needs to be done.
Some people on those videos look like they're in a trance - Marcus Jannes is another good example, he did partial with zero hesitation. There was also this russian guy https://theync.com/russian-guy-hangs-himself-on-facebook-live.htm

It's morbidly fascinating. They make it look so easy...
I guess there is no point panicking when life is more painful than death. There is a point the panic of thinking about living another day in this hell outweighs any panic our survival instinct can trigger. Makes me sad definitely, to think about what kind of pain these people were experiencing to be so emotionless and indifferent while literally taking their own lives, but also interests and fascinates me so much. I wish I can have at least 1/3 of their balls to go through with it...
It is possible they were intoxicated, I myself am planning to be, I don't know how much that will actually help though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drimacus and Deleted_9cKnXB34QG
F

Felix007

I’m so done
Sep 12, 2022
SI is a bitch, ive watched marcus jannes video over and over and dont understand how he can just do it…

niiina

niiina

🌸
Aug 20, 2022
Ok, i tried full suspension last Friday and I put the ligature under my AA, I fainted but I woke up gasping for air desperately, the feeling was so awful and scary I climbed back to the chair and here I am. So I don't think I positioned on the "sweet spot". I'm trying again this week with the ligature above the AA

F

Felix007

I’m so done
Sep 12, 2022
Ok, i tried full suspension last Friday and I put the ligature under my AA, I fainted but I woke up gasping for air desperately, the feeling was so awful and scary I climbed back to the chair and here I am. So I don't think I positioned on the "sweet spot". I'm trying again this week with the ligature above the AA
How did you wake up if you fainted?

niiina

niiina

🌸
Aug 20, 2022
How did you wake up if you fainted?
That's my question too, I just know one second I was gone, the other gasping desperately for air, it doesn't make sense in my head, that's why I'm taking some days from that experience, cause I'm terrified it can happen again and I'll panic again and not be able to ctb which I want so so much, so I'm regaining courage

F

Felix007

I’m so done
Sep 12, 2022
That's my question too, I just know one second I was gone, the other gasping desperately for air, it doesn't make sense in my head, that's why I'm taking some days from that experience, cause I'm terrified it can happen again and I'll panic again and not be able to ctb which I want so so much, so I'm regaining courage
Doesnt the neck break in full suspension? So how come you are still here? Haha

niiina

niiina

🌸
Aug 20, 2022
Doesnt the neck break in full suspension? So how come you are still here? Haha
It only breaks if you jump from a certain hight which obviously wasn't my case, I just stepped out of the chair
Btw since we're sharing videos here's another

Last edited:
F

Felix007

I’m so done
Sep 12, 2022
It only breaks if you jump from a certain hight which obviously wasn't my case, I just stepped out of the chair

Aa ok, makes sense

nopride86

nopride86

Student
Mar 16, 2022
A question I've been kind of embarrassed to ask…. I see a lot of people referencing the Adam's Apple, is there a way to conceptualize proper placement for people who do not have one?

I've felt all up and down my neck where pressures should be, and I either have a very weak pulse or too much neck fat to feel much.

F

Felix007

I’m so done
Sep 12, 2022

Looks like she passed out within 15 seconds, hoping for that as well..