wanttogetonthebus

wanttogetonthebus

chronically unlucky
Nov 27, 2021
It's such a cruel joke that we're built, programmed to fear, avoid, and run away from death above all other things like the plague. Yet the only one certainty about life is that we will all die. That's so messed up. Even for the nonsuicidal, even for the oblivious, we've all been massively f'ed and set up to fail from the moment we entered this world. We're all destined to fall and lose it all. There are no words to describe my dismay and hatred that this is my legacy and the only legacy for the likes of us - and that 'winning' could only ever be a temporary state at best.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Euthanza, cyanol, ncmxm and 6 others
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
Survival instinct makes that way. Denying our death at all costs. It is what we are programmed to do until we die

Reactions: wanttogetonthebus and PeacefulTonic
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
We're all destined to fall and lose it all

haven't heard truer words in a while.

yes, we're doomed. no, it's not true. we're not doomed. we've never been free in the first place..

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk and wanttogetonthebus
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
They'll throw opinions like rocks in riots
And they'll stumble around like hypocrites
And is it just me or is it dark in here?
You may never be or have a husband
You may never have or hold a child
You will learn to lose everything
We are temporary arrangements...

• Love
Reactions: wanttogetonthebus
wanttogetonthebus

wanttogetonthebus

chronically unlucky
Nov 27, 2021
They'll throw opinions like rocks in riots
And they'll stumble around like hypocrites
And is it just me or is it dark in here?
You may never be or have a husband
You may never have or hold a child
You will learn to lose everything
We are temporary arrangements...
It would be much preferable to be the writer of this poem rather than have to be one of the participants! 😭 Perfect and most appropriate find though 🤯 Whoever wrote it, like us, knows too much 😭

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk and motel rooms
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
I wonder if medicine will ever get advanced enough to allow a future generation of humans to live forever with decent health. Would people even want to live forever?

Maybe it's a bit morbid but thinking about how inevitable is death for today's generations makes me feel kinda comfortable with the idea of ctb

• Love
Reactions: ncmxm and wanttogetonthebus
wanttogetonthebus

wanttogetonthebus

chronically unlucky
Nov 27, 2021
I wonder if medicine will ever get advanced enough to allow a future generation of humans to live forever with decent health. Would people even want to live forever?

Maybe it's a bit morbid but thinking about how inevitable is death for today's generations makes me feel kinda comfortable with the idea of ctb
Who knows. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if we go extinct before technology could reach that point by screwing something up majorly and irreversibly 😅 Or maybe some asteroid or cosmic explosion puts an end to our silly shenanigans. If I CTB though, I'll be giving up the opportunity to potentially witness the downfall of humanity. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that if such a thing were to happen during the course of what my natural non-CTB lifespan would be, but I am curious.

Reactions: wCvML2
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
Who knows. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if we go extinct before technology could reach that point by screwing something up majorly and irreversibly 😅 Or maybe some asteroid or cosmic explosion puts an end to our silly shenanigans. If I CTB though, I'll be giving up the opportunity to potentially witness the downfall of humanity. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that if such a thing were to happen during the course of what my natural non-CTB lifespan would be, but I am curious.
You're probably right 😬 so many ways everything could go wrong

• Love
Reactions: wanttogetonthebus
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I see it as being better to never be born in the first place. We are forced to exist and we have to endure the horrors of this life and one of the worst things about it all, is that it is so hard to exit as we are programmed to survive. Of course we will all die eventually, life is just meaningless suffering. Eventually we will all be forgotten about. I find it comforting in a way to think how pointless everything is, this life is just a distraction from death. The pain will all end no matter what and then there will be peace.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, cyanol, wCvML2 and 1 other person
ncmxm

ncmxm

Experienced
Jun 9, 2021

Same. If I was the only one to die and everyone else lived forever and was young forever I'd heavily reconsider ctb, but since everyone gets old and dies no

• Love
Reactions: wCvML2 and wanttogetonthebus