ChildrensITV

ChildrensITV

Arcanist
Mar 14, 2023
I have been depressed and anxious for over 2 decades. I have tried everything I could to make my life good. And when I knew I couldn't make it good, I tried to make it comfortable. And then I realized I couldn't even make it comfortable. Everything I have tried has resulted in failure. Anything good that has happened either failed or lead to some hope that was then dashed. It's been years since I had belief that I could be comfortable in this life - so I went about life on autopilot.

Another recent occurrence of hope being dashed was a wakeup-call that autopilot isn't working anymore, and that I should not have to live with the indignity of a life that isn't worth living. Bedridden. Unmotivated. Unable to shower. Depressed and failing all week, to make it to the weekend where I can drink alcohol to try to quieten my soul - which I have built a tolerance to anyway. I am far too broken to keep this charade going.

I thought my only option was to be depressed, resentful towards the people around me for wanting me to live, anxious, and haunted. I was on r/suicidewatch and it was no comfort at all. Sure, there, people had problems but none that were driving them to the edge of despair. You couldn't talk about any suicide plans there. The same old platitudes were repeated over and over, as if they help. As if they have never been heard before. Ironically, the person who tipped me over the edge recently through no fault of their own was the one who had let me know about Sanctioned Suicide months before.

I came here and suddenly, suicide was back on the table. This site gave me the option of discussing my true feelings. Of exploring my true thoughts, however dark they went. Of allowing me to put an end to a life that I loathe. The prolifers are right. SaSu did give me the option of suicide. It gave me a method. It gave me the empowerment to decide if I have had enough. It has not forced me carry suicide out. It has not encouraged me to do it. It said simply: "you can, if you need to".

What you prolifers don't realize is that you are not helping us. You curtail our freedoms by reporting websites. You take our methods away. You make it so we have no place to talk openly and freely, unless it's under the censor-heavy, gaslighting policing of your people. But you don't make our pain dissolve. You don't fix us. You just isolate us. You trap us in a life that we don't want, with your sanctimonious, virtual-signalling, holier-than-thou, patronizing treatment of us.

"I've been sad before and got over it, so you shouldn't be allowed autonomy over your own body. There is no way you have thought about this enough. You don't know what you're doing". Even if I were to feel slightly better in 10 years from now, why is that justification for why I should stick around now? I don't believe life is inherently good. It's a gift I didn't consent to. Why can't I choose what I do with my body? Why is it any of your business? I am not telling you what you can and can't do.

The prolifers are right about Sanctioned Suicide. They are wrong about suicide. All SaSu did was give me the freedom to choose.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: yellowroses, Dark shadow, AnonymousS and 13 others
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
And that choice is still your own, you know that those of us on here totally get where you are and support your right to follow the best path for you.
Be kind to yourself.

Reactions: ChildrensITV and WaitingToGo
WaitingToGo

WaitingToGo

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
So well written. It's perfect. Where else could I tell people about my issues, my life and my plans without criticism, with understanding My niece knows a lot of where my mind is but she doesn't know I've set a date. This site is so important and MUST remain open.

Reactions: Dark shadow, ChildrensITV and SVEN
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It actually does disgust me how delusional pro lifers want to restrict access to reliable methods so that people have no choice but to resort to brutal and risky ones, it's just inhumane to want to force people to suffer and invalidate their feelings with toxic positivity.

If people want to live then that's fine for them, they can enjoy existing in this harmful world where there is unlimited potential to feel pain, but they should have no right to force these beliefs onto other people, as after all they cannot experience life the same way. But anyway the society needs slaves which is why this society is so focused on suicide prevention and is why people are brainwashed into believing that suicide is "irrational".

Reactions: WaitingToGo, Covalite, myusername890 and 1 other person