screamfntsy

screamfntsy

Living Dead Girl
Nov 11, 2022
Everybody in my life knows I want to ctb and probably will soon. All they do is spout the same stupid "it'll be okay soon" , "better things are coming" but they are not. I truly don't understand how people don't know it just gets worse and harder every day. I don't have anything I care about anymore, life is just a repetitive drag. Everything costs money that I don't have, nothing brings joy, and yet somehow I'm just supposed to go through it all in the hopes of experiencing a good moment occasionally. Why work and strive so hard every day for small or no reward? It's supposed to be my life, why don't I get a say in how or when it ends?

• Hugs
Reactions: Sluggish_Slump, tera_forest, LateForTheBus and 1 other person
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
It's true, others are so insensitive and belittling of real problems. I think they live in a delusional, extremist pro-life bubble that's not open to reason. Sadly, this includes abuse and manipulation of suicidal people. You're also right that they only have platitudes to offer, after all even they know deep down that their arguments are baseless and self-centred. It really is horrible that you have to endure a poor life which only descends further and no one even acknowledges it. I feel the same way, personally I think it's too low to get much worse but I guess life only has more horrific surprises up its sleeve. We all of course have a right to die which is not followed, and you definitely don't deserved to be trapped in this mess. I can only hope that your situation improves because I fear we will be stuck here until old age.

Reactions: Sluggish_Slump, tera_forest and screamfntsy
deadisbetter

deadisbetter

good as dead
Apr 3, 2023
i couldn't agree more. every day i wake up with an intense feeling of dread and wish i could immediately go back to sleep. there feels as though there is absolutely no point in trudging miserably through every day, there's just no fucking end in sight to this crushing monotony. just let it end

Reactions: Sluggish_Slump and screamfntsy
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Telling someone "it'll be okay soon", without offering any ideas about how to make it OK is bound to annoy you. It would certainly annoy me. You say very little about your situation, so it's hard for me to make a constructive reply. But are you in a position to make significant changes to the way you organize your life, or at least to the way you organize some aspects of it? Doing some things completely differently might open up new possibilities, and they might be better than the existing ones. I'm not guaranteeing anything, but it might be worth a try. Strike out in some new direction(s), if you can. You can hardly end up any worse off than you are now, and if nothing works you still have the option to ctb.

screamfntsy

screamfntsy

Living Dead Girl
Nov 11, 2022
Telling someone "it'll be okay soon", without offering any ideas about how to make it OK is bound to annoy you. It would certainly annoy me. You say very little about your situation, so it's hard for me to make a constructive reply. But are you in a position to make significant changes to the way you organize your life, or at least to the way you organize some aspects of it? Doing some things completely differently might open up new possibilities, and they might be better than the existing ones. I'm not guaranteeing anything, but it might be worth a try. Strike out in some new direction(s), if you can. You can hardly end up any worse off than you are now, and if nothing works you still have the option I

Telling someone "it'll be okay soon", without offering any ideas about how to make it OK is bound to annoy you. It would certainly annoy me. You say very little about your situation, so it's hard for me to make a constructive reply. But are you in a position to make significant changes to the way you organize your life, or at least to the way you organize some aspects of it? Doing some things completely differently might open up new possibilities, and they might be better than the existing ones. I'm not guaranteeing anything, but it might be worth a try. Strike out in some new direction(s), if you can. You can hardly end up any worse off than you are now, and if nothing works you still have the option to ctb.
It feels like I have no room to reorganize. I flunked out of college so I have the highest paying I job I feel I can get. I work all day to try to rid of the debts my ex left me with. I already wake up exhausted so I feel there's nothing I have energy to do after work. I don't know. I just feel like a fucking idiot
It's true, others are so insensitive and belittling of real problems. I think they live in a delusional, extremist pro-life bubble that's not open to reason. Sadly, this includes abuse and manipulation of suicidal people. You're also right that they only have platitudes to offer, after all even they know deep down that their arguments are baseless and self-centred. It really is horrible that you have to endure a poor life which only descends further and no one even acknowledges it. I feel the same way, personally I think it's too low to get much worse but I guess life only has more horrific surprises up its sleeve. We all of course have a right to die which is not followed, and you definitely don't deserved to be trapped in this mess. I can only hope that your situation improves because I fear we will be stuck here until old age.
I wish I could get someone to do it for me, yknow? I'm too scared of failure and the psych ward to really do anything. Not that I could afford the sn method anyway. I can't be here much longer but I seriously don't see a way out

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sluggish_Slump
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me life really is just a futile struggle that could never be worth it in any way, and I see no value in being trapped in this hellish world where there is no real relief from suffering. I just think that it's best not to be open about this subject with other people, as so many people are in denial and blinded by their life valuing beliefs, they don't want to accept the fact that wanting suicide is a perfectly logical response to existing here.

man_in_red:)

man_in_red:)

Wandering with no destination
Mar 27, 2023
There is none, no point at all.

Reactions: Sluggish_Slump and screamfntsy
tera_forest

tera_forest

Mar 19, 2023
How do people listen to those empty words and not want to ctb even more... Inherently there is no point in living. Humans just come up with purposes to keep themselves occupied. We shouldn't be forced to stay alive, especially if suffering outweighs a happiness that is never guaranteed

Reactions: StarFaded, screamfntsy and Sluggish_Slump
screamfntsy

screamfntsy

Living Dead Girl
Nov 11, 2022
How do people listen to those empty words and not want to ctb even more... Inherently there is no point in living. Humans just come up with purposes to keep themselves occupied. We shouldn't be forced to stay alive, especially if suffering outweighs a happiness that is never guaranteed
I wish everyone thought more like that

• Love
Reactions: tera_forest
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I read a blog years ago that I agree with. The blogger said mental illness is like peanut butter. If someone has never tasted it then how do you explain the taste to them.

Saying that, I realise now I can describe peanut butter to a degree and also my experience of mental illness…

As for what people say…I'm reading what the research says these days…I think it's telling me I'd be very lucky to find relief. Not very likely.

Reactions: screamfntsy