• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

NoxiNova

NoxiNova

Apr 5, 2019
Hello everyone. :) Semi-long time lurker that finally decided to make an account to share some advice to those who may have trouble with this method still, as well as looking for any potential advice in return as to fixing or finding out IF I'm doing anything wrong.

I'll preface this by saying I've tried two methods so far:
- Partial Suspension
- Night-Night Method

I do have a 3rd option available to me at ANY time, but it'd be messy for anyone to find me. (12 gauge). I choose to not do this nor use the partial suspension method, as I've not really had much success even getting close to passing out with it over a few months of trying. (Yes, months. But that sounds more to be out of my own stupidity.)

FINDING THE CAROTIDS:
- Took a while, but I ended up figuring out how to find them immediately after doing what I read up on. I THOUGHT I would be able to find them easily through having my head straight forward, but I was unable to do so. After getting mad, I looked around different methods posted here and findings and came across a post that stated to look up. Look up like you're seeing stars out in a clear night, or if you just saw someone hit a baseball right out of the ballpark. You don't necessarily have to have your head looking completely straight up, but you can if you want. I found the pulse in the carotids almost immediately, so I pushed in with the whole 'Make a U-shape**' with your hand and then push on them both.

** For those who are wondering, I made the U shape with my thumb, middle, and ring fingers. It doesn't matter what fingers you use, but I used these as it just felt better to me.

After finding them, I started pushing in towards them and got slightly dizzy. (Only slightly, but I was making progress after so many failed attempts.) I felt around, more-or-less straight down from the pulse, some more and found what felt like a massive pulse/throb/"ball" on my neck and pushed on that. Within seconds of doing what I did, the upper part of my right eye started going fuzzy, and soon the rest of my eyes. I let go and the dizziness hit me hard, but it felt good. Like, reallllyyyyy good. Did it again about 30 seconds afterwards to make sure I was capable of doing it again, and I was instantly successful.

-> I am able to do this standing (easiest) and sitting down (slightly easy). <-

HOLDING THE PRESSURE:
- Looked through the 'Night Night Method megathread <<LINKED HERE>> and found out what to use for it. Ratchet strap, beanbags, and the pressure you put in. Everything in this thread is solid advice, so if you have any specific thoughts or questions, see if they've been answered through here. :) **

** My only advice for those are looking into it is to buy an ENDLESS ratchet strap, not ones with the S-Hook or J-Hooks. I tried using S-hooks first and I couldn't get it to work for the life of me. Once I returned/replaced it with an ENDLESS one, it was fast and easy. Go with ENDLESS.

-x- MATERIALS -x- (If you want the specific things I bought)
1) Husky Endless Ratchet (bought at Home Depot for around $10 USD) See Image 1
2) Wild Sports Authentic Cornhole 16 oz. Bean Bags (bought at Dick's Sporting Goods for around $20 USD) See Image 2
9715 9716

Following the steps on how to go through with this via the Megathread link posted above, it worked without a problem. No pain whatsoever, and I was slipping through my conscienceness fairly easy! I was ecstatic over this.

HOWEVER, this is where my small problem comes into play here. Is it supposed to take around 20-30 seconds to fully black out, or am I just dumb and either misplaced the bags around the carotids or not applying enough pressure to this situation? I would like some clarification on this if it's alright with those who have tried it, as I'm not sure if I'm just being dumb about this or not. I CAN get a fuzzy, static look in my eyes and my body does indeed start to give or feel like there's no energy in it.

Basically, am I just impatient/not applying enough pressure?

Reactions: dousavetheworld, Ἡγησίας and PatrickG