Thankyoufortoday

Thankyoufortoday

Dec 13, 2021
I can't do this anymore. My boyfriend demanded I quit playing the sport I love since it takes too much time away from him. We live together and I'm scared of what will happen to me if I tell him no. Rugby was my last source of happiness, literally the only reason I'm still awake and breathing on this planet. If he really demands I do this he's coming home to my dead body someday. I can't take this life anymore with all the stress and being trapped in this prison with him and my last escape taken away. Time to start forming a plan to ctb

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: aSilentVoice, not-2-b-the-answer, Huntfish34 and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It sounds really awful being trapped in that situation with someone like that, other people should have no right to demand such things. But anyway I wish you the best of luck.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and epic
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
That sounds awful. Can you both find a compromise by talking it out?

• Hugs
Reactions: aSilentVoice, BBBB, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
Thankyoufortoday

Thankyoufortoday

Dec 13, 2021
That sounds awful. Can you both find a compromise by talking it out?
I tried offering every compromise possible but none were acceptable apparently. Quitting is the only option to him

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Rational man and not-2-b-the-answer
M

missingpeace

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2023
What will happen if you don't listen to him? If this means so much to you that you would choose death over quitting rugby then I would just say no to the relationship.

• Yay!
Reactions: Regen, StarlightDreamer, locked*n*loaded and 2 others
manocsak

manocsak

Jan 24, 2023
Quitting sports, quitting happiness, doesn't looks the right solution, maybe he should find that extra time to support you visit you at rugby practice/games. Ofc probably there is a lot there to your relationship, but from that amount of information, he should grow the hell up, and fast...

Reactions: korn16ftl3, StarlightDreamer, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
S

SeeminglyFine

Mixing pills with potions under the smoke alas
Jan 2, 2022
What do you mean you are scared of what will happen to you if you tell him no?

Sounds like are in an emotionally draining relationship and not doing yourself a favor, if i were to assume he has a legitimate reason for asking you to quit then i still cant see how being in an unaccepting/unsupportive relationship is worth being suicidal

In a relationship you probably you have to make a some small sacrifices for the other person but thats only if you should choose to and not forced to, and you get to choose, and expect the other person to make make sacrifices for you aswell, all while working towards making the best of the circumstances and the least sacrifices as possible, this isnt a dominance exerting game.

It makes more sense to expect your boyfriend to come watch you play, that is if he appreciates your passion and wants to support you...

But then again who am i to speak,
this is just me being open and direct about my thoughts

Last edited:
Reactions: Regen, aSilentVoice and not-2-b-the-answer
StruggleWithin

StruggleWithin

Gnothi Seauton
Aug 8, 2022
He sounds unsupportive of your passion(s). And without any other information, it seems a toxic relationship. I would second the advice of member missingpeace, in my own words, dump him. Live your life for you and seek a partner that fits into that life.

Reactions: lex, StarlightDreamer, aSilentVoice and 2 others
G

Givenuponlife

Jul 6, 2022
Why quit the sport you love for his sake? If he is to be your boyfriend, surely he'd want to see you happy and support you playing rugby. It seems like you both need to come to a compromise which doesn't involve you giving up your sport, or you need to reconsider if this relationship is right for you.

Has he expressed negative opinions on your other interests?

Reactions: aSilentVoice and BBBB
T

Tartuffe

Open to PMs
Mar 31, 2022
No one should be telling you if you can or cant do a hobby or sport or whatever. Its controlling behaviour and you're better off single and enjoying yourself than thinking you're with someone you love but will always have an element of anger for making you give up something you clearly love.

Reactions: Givenuponlife
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Sorry, but you're in a crappy relationship if your boyfriend won't support your passions because he's not getting enough "me" time. Run. Run. Run. And this is coming from a guy.

Reactions: StarlightDreamer
StarlightDreamer

StarlightDreamer

Infinity Weaver
Aug 2, 2022
Yeah... Time to cut your losses and run. You deserve better.

Thankyoufortoday

Thankyoufortoday

Dec 13, 2021
As much as I'd love to just run, I can't. I worry for my safety. He's hurt me before

• Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
StruggleWithin

StruggleWithin

Gnothi Seauton
Aug 8, 2022
Domestic Abuse is not just "a man beating a woman," it is a spectrum with many intermingling spectrums; like anything else in life. I don't know from personal experience, but I can appreciate the gravity of what it means to over come that type of situation. Don't settle. Don't accept defeat. Find a way.

• Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra