Plankter

Plankter

欠陥人
Aug 14, 2018
I'm staying in a dorm and they're violating the rules but im too much of a pussy to go talk to them or inform the management. I so much want to go Joker on them...

• Wow
Reactions: Manaaja, LastFlowers and Quinlor
L

LonelyLight

Warlock
May 31, 2019
Could you request to be moved to another dorm?

L

LonelyLight

Warlock
May 31, 2019
Ive already done it once and they complained enough about having to do one simple extra task
If I were you I'd be persistent with them about moving you.
I mean, I would say write a letter of complaint about your neighbour's too but I don't know if that will bring you hassle that you don't need.

Reactions: pole
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
i definitely wouldnt just settle with letting them get away with it. if its truly bothering you, definitely be consistent with it. its a problem, its bothering you, its their job to correct such a thing to make you're environment feel stress free and more comfortable. if this doesnt go anywhere, id immediately go to a school counselor, and talk about it with them; who would then take action themselves and help you.

Reactions: LonelyLight
Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
You could simply talk to him with a baseball bat :sunglasses: in your hands.

Plankter

Plankter

欠陥人
Aug 14, 2018
If I were you I'd be persistent with them about moving you.
I mean, I would say write a letter of complaint about your neighbour's too but I don't know if that will bring you hassle that you don't need.
I meant, I've already changed rooms once. They even said they weren't going to do it again

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Some people are just endlessly disrespectful and inconsiderate.
Just don't actually go Joker on them, we had enough controversy over that movie before it was even released lol.

L

LonelyLight

Warlock
May 31, 2019
Ah sorry I misunderstood what you meant.

ThriveOrDie

ThriveOrDie

We are already in hell
Jul 11, 2019
Would white noise and/or foam earplugs drown them out? I had to get used to using earplugs when I was in college because I was on a different schedule than my roommates. It's a lot easier than trying to control other people's behavior. There are tons of white noise tracks on YouTube.

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Changing rooms may not help because making noise at night is largely accepted by society. It's better to be persistent with the complaints, going by the rule book. But I'm sorry to say until you leave dorms and giant ant-hill residences and whatnot, it will often be a problem. Talking to them won't solve anything, if they cared they wouldn't do it anyway. It is a formal warning by management that might help, IF there are consequences to not caring.

I suffered from this so much at the time. By nature I sleep very well, even at the worst of times, but physically it is impossible to sleep when you keep jerking awake to monkey screeches. If you don't sleep, everything in your life rolls downhill, it is a massive clusterfuck. It is literally torture and slow murder to do that to someone.

Of course the attitude of modern, free! society is that you should put on earplugs and drug yourself up. Firstly, as if they help, secondly, why the fuck? Why the fuck should I risk ear infection and being deaf to sounds I SHOULD hear (like somebody breaking in, and the area had so many break-ins), and why the fucking fuck should I mess with brain chemistry that is simply perfect? Leave me in quiet and I sleep regular as a fucking baby! It's something most people would kill for.

I put on very loud white noise (fan is good), tired myself out so I'd pass back out however many times I was jerked awake, smelled onions (it has a sleep-inducing effect on slightly allergic people), etc. But my immune system completely broke down for lack of sleep and I ended up in hospital.

This thing with society is not going to change in the near future. It is because you can do nothing short of beating/arresting to stop someone who simply doesn't care they are torturing you with their trashy behaviour. It is trashy, low, disgusting, ugly. Human means can control its fucking voice and movements, human does not mean you are bipedal so you are precious no matter what.

AAAND already comes 'control other people's behaviour'. Such as making them put on earplugs? You cannot do anything because society is not on your side, but you can at least not buy that you are the controlling party when THEY are controlling your sleep, trampling over your human rights. In prisons, sleep deprivation is unacceptable, in dorms, it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Manaaja and Duckup
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Just don't actually go Joker on them, we had enough controversy over that movie before it was even released lol.
So I've heard. Saw a 'progressive ' say they'd been to see the film and decided we must kill the rich. This film along with the latest Rambo is the last thing we need right now

A

Azul

Aug 21, 2019
I'm staying in a dorm and they're violating the rules but im too much of a pussy to go talk to them or inform the management. I so much want to go Joker on them...
Please don't, think about the consequences of your action before actually doing something. Think that this situation won't last forever, while the consequences of it will! Try to distract yourself, wear some headphones, or at least try to inform the management, you have all the rights to do so!

Plankter

Plankter

欠陥人
Aug 14, 2018
Changing rooms may not help because making noise at night is largely accepted by society. It's better to be persistent with the complaints, going by the rule book. But I'm sorry to say until you leave dorms and giant ant-hill residences and whatnot, it will often be a problem. Talking to them won't solve anything, if they cared they wouldn't do it anyway. It is a formal warning by management that might help, IF there are consequences to not caring.

I suffered from this so much at the time. By nature I sleep very well, even at the worst of times, but physically it is impossible to sleep when you keep jerking awake to monkey screeches. If you don't sleep, everything in your life rolls downhill, it is a massive clusterfuck. It is literally torture and slow murder to do that to someone.

Of course the attitude of modern, free! society is that you should put on earplugs and drug yourself up. Firstly, as if they help, secondly, why the fuck? Why the fuck should I risk ear infection and being deaf to sounds I SHOULD hear (like somebody breaking in, and the area had so many break-ins), and why the fucking fuck should I mess with brain chemistry that is simply perfect? Leave me in quiet and I sleep regular as a fucking baby! It's something most people would kill for.

I put on very loud white noise (fan is good), tired myself out so I'd pass back out however many times I was jerked awake, smelled onions (it has a sleep-inducing effect on slightly allergic people), etc. But my immune system completely broke down for lack of sleep and I ended up in hospital.

This thing with society is not going to change in the near future. It is because you can do nothing short of beating/arresting to stop someone who simply doesn't care they are torturing you with their trashy behaviour. It is trashy, low, disgusting, ugly. Human means can control its fucking voice and movements, human does not mean you are bipedal so you are precious no matter what.

AAAND already comes 'control other people's behaviour'. Such as making them put on earplugs? You cannot do anything because society is not on your side, but you can at least not buy that you are the controlling party when THEY are controlling your sleep, trampling over your human rights. In prisons, sleep deprivation is unacceptable, in dorms, it is.
Wow i appreciate the effort man (the long post)
I only mentioned the movie because i didnt want to say "i have an insatiable desire to murder the f##k out of scums of society" but i guess it was childish of me to try to hide my feelings behind word games

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Quinlor and woxihuanni