busybee

busybee

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
I hate how little active control a human has over their own body. The brain does a fucking awful job at management sometimes.
It makes me feel like I do not fit into my own skin.
And I am 100% convinced my brain does this on purpose. I can proof it even. I am afab and doc needs to draw blow while I am on my period for hormone levels. As soon as that was said I stopped getting periods at all. My brain is plotting against me so hard.
Not to mention my psychological illnesses it refuses to get treated and as soon as I get meds my brain makes me feel worse and act strange. Also it decided to make me terribly afraid of psychologists though I not once had a bad experience before so that I am incapable io go get therapy.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and NambaSutra
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I agree. The brain is the reason why we're feeling like ctbing (in my case and maybe for many other people too) but when it actually comes to ctbing SI kicks in and makes us fail. I dont understand why the human brain is like this.

Reactions: busybee
J

josephk

Jun 19, 2023
Yes the brain sucks. The best analogy I've ever read about the brain is that it is like a smoke alarm. And some peoples brains are like over sensitive smoke alarms. They go off when there's the tiniest bit of smoke and are essentially faulty. The other analogy by Daniel kahneman is that our temperaments are like a room stat. A normal healthy persons is set at 7. When they have good time it can go up to 9, but if they have a bad time it goes down to 5. Now some unfortunates like ourselves have very low settings like 3 or 4 so even if we have something good happen we only reach 5 or 6. But if we hit hard times it goes to 2 or maybe lower. So we lost the genetic lottery. That's why our brains hurt us. Psychiatry doesn't seem to have any answers

Reactions: busybee
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I see existing here as certainly being so torturous, I find it awful how there is endless potential to suffer in this world, to me this human body as being a flesh prison that we are slaves to, I see existing as being a burden and it must be so tiring what you are going through.

Reactions: josephk and busybee