• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Is it wrong to be someone's suicide partner?

• Yes

• No

• I don't know

• Maybe

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
assisted

assisted

šŸ„
Jul 7, 2022
Is it immoral to be someone's suicide partner? I want a suicide partner, but I don't want to be someone's suicide partner. However, I feel it is "equal" and "fair" to be someone else's suicide partner in exchange for them being my suicide partner. I can't expect anyone to be my suicide partner without me giving them something in return. After all, this is late stage capitalism. It's all about bartering...

• Hugs
Reactions: Samsara, yyytry, sincerelysad and 2 others
U

Unending

-
Nov 5, 2022
I don't think that there's anything wrong with having a partner but do think that it should be a very well thought out decision personally. If two individuals are not extremely sure in their desire to ctb, it could create a very bad situation for one of them if they decide not to go through with it last minute.

I suppose I would say that it isn't wrong but it does create more risk. If I was considering having a partner, the risk of one of us changing our mind after it is too late or not succeeding would need to be heavily evaluated.

Reactions: Skathon, yyytry, sincerelysad and 1 other person
Rainy_days

Rainy_days

Experienced
Dec 21, 2022
I think it just creates too many complications. One person will already have their doubts and may wish to change their mind, with two the uncertainties are doubled. Then there is the fact that these people will probably grow to care for each other and may not want the other person to die. Or one person who doesn't really want to die now feels pressure to do so due to making a promise to someone else. I just think it's a bad idea all around.

Reactions: lionetta12 and WhiteRabbit
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Understandable, but too many risks.

N

NoHorizon

Experienced
Nov 22, 2022
Is it wrong? I'd say no. Is it inadvisable? I'd say yes.

Reactions: Skathon and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
If both of you are equally sure about the decision- no- it isn't wrong (in my view.) If one person starts to have doubts but the other persuades them(!) Yes- that's wrong (obviously.) I'd also say it's tricky if one person is very young. Plus- I would say- I would be more comfortable if both parties bought the items required for their method. It would feel more like two suicides happening simultaneously then- rather than one suicide, one assisted suicide.

I don't think I'd risk it though! Especially with a relative stranger. I'm 'happy' for people when partnerships succeed- I think it must have been a great comfort for them to not go alone. Still- it feels like a lot could go wrong.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't exactly see it as being wrong, the whole suicide partner thing but I just don't really think that it's worth it. Ctb is already difficult enough without additional complications involving another person, and there are things that could potentially go wrong, it just sounds risky. I just think it's for the best to die alone in this world where suicide is sadly so stigmatised.

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath
bubo

bubo

Jul 14, 2022
I don't see anything that's "wrong" with it as long as the other consents. I think the real issue with committing suicide with someone is what if the other dies and you don't? Then you're still alive and better yet might have criminal charges.

Fulminare

Fulminare

Read Thomas Szasz!
Feb 20, 2022
There's nothing wrong in two people being there for each other in their last moments. But as someone who has had multiple partners before, I don't recommend it. It is too risky and many people are not serious about it.

If you decide to do it with someone else, be very careful. Honestly someone should make a checklist for this type of stuff, so people know what to do and what to look out for.

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Constantly Sleepy Catgirl
Dec 28, 2022
I'm assuming that by "suicide partner", you mean the idea of ending your life alongside someone else. The concept of a lovers' suicide is romantic in theory, but I fear it would likely be too messy in execution.

What happens if one person's SI kicks in and the other's doesn't? That situation could result in someone being wrongfully sent to prison for a murder that didn't happen.
I'm assuming that by "suicide partner", you mean the idea of ending your life alongside someone else. The concept of a lovers' suicide is romantic in theory, but I fear it would likely be too messy in execution.

What happens if one person's SI kicks in and the other's doesn't? That situation could result in someone being wrongfully sent to prison for a murder that didn't happen.

Y

yyytry

:(
Sep 8, 2022
Is it immoral to be someone's suicide partner? I want a suicide partner, but I don't want to be someone's suicide partner. However, I feel it is "equal" and "fair" to be someone else's suicide partner in exchange for them being my suicide partner. I can't expect anyone to be my suicide partner without me giving them something in return. After all, this is late stage capitalism. It's all about bartering...
I think if there is genuine trust and readiness by both parties, that it doesn't have to be "reduced" to some kind of transactional/capitalist exchange.

I really respect how @Idontmatter CTB with her partner the other day. She described it as combining forces. Seems like it was successful.

But yeah, if someone isn't sure, they def are putting themselves and the other person in a bad situation.
I guess there needs to be a contingency plan in place for this outcome, which still ensures the safety/anonymity of all involved.

hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
I am not anyone's savior and no one should be my savior either. So for me everything is ethical as long as it only affects the individual itself, in this case me.