us_1999

us_1999

Fragments of myself
Feb 1, 2021
It's as if I'm constantly thinking about something, but no I'm thinking nothing. As if I'm trying to do something, but no I'm not doing anything. As if I devote all my energy to solve something, but there's no problem.
I can articulate partial problems. But once I utter them and see them, they don't seem significant at all.
What's the main problem? The problem is, it's all meaningless. But once I try to explain it it becomes trival.
My mind is empty, and it's full of pain, and it's full of emptiness. I hope to be able to feel pain, but I feel emptiness; the emptiness is painful, but the pain is empty. The emptiness is heavy, and all my attention is drawn to it, so it bears all the weight of my hope. But it's still empty.
I'm ok when I don't get stuck here. But I always get stuck here. I know what will happen (nothing will happen) if I let myself absorb into this gravitational hole. But I always, always circle back. As if there's something meaningful, something unignorable. As if inside this black hole there's an answer to my life. I'm pulled back here to solve it, to articulate what is not yet there. Here the emptiest fullness or the fullest emptiness assumes the pseudo depth of an abyss into which I fall.
I fall,
fall,
fall,
But I'm not getting any deeper. I don't get any closer to the answer of an unarticulated question. I'm simply hanging where I was. I need something real, something solid with which I can define myself, with which I can become definite,
Then here it comes, death. "I want to die", I say. On this sentence I stay. I repeat this sentence to myself as if it is The answer. Here I land.

Just went out to buy beer and thoughts about emptiness circle in my mind. So I come here to write it down.
Purely subjective. Perhaps I should use the "venting" tag...

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: DivineMedicus, NodusTollens, wait.what and 7 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
That emptiness you feel, haunts me too. Although not 24/7 (like some weeks ago).
I just want to have a normal and stable mind/life but it's so goddamn difficult!

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens and us_1999
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
Thank you for sharing. This resonates. To me, the emptiness/fullness feels like being at the bottom of the ocean. Both feel heavy. One feels like I need the entire ocean inside my chest to fill the vacuum. The other feels like I am in the eye of a tornado in the middle of the ocean. Your image of falling into a black hole also resonates... Its quite a painful feeling. It hurts less now that I have accepted that I will just fall and have nowhere to fall to. I fall but there is no ground to reach. There is nowhere to go or be or do. I cant find anywhere to land. And tbh, I'm almost convinced that its all just smokes and mirrors when we feel like we have landed. On a universal scale, we dont HAVE to do anything really. The lines between real and unreal are really only drawn with the sands of what we choose to believe in- the gospel of western science, religion, etc etc. Our belief systems change our reality- so then, what is real?

The concept of problems is odd too. After a certain point, they blur together. It disappears when you look at it, in a way.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DivineMedicus, wait.what, TooMuchToBear and 1 other person
TooMuchToBear

TooMuchToBear

Student
Jan 3, 2021
Thank you for sharing, I find your post vibrant and poetic. I like how it articulates feelings and 'mindscapes' I can relate to but couldn't properly express myself.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens, wait.what, us_1999 and 1 other person
us_1999

us_1999

Fragments of myself
Feb 1, 2021
Thank you for sharing, I find your post vibrant and poetic. I like how it articulates feelings and 'mindscapes' I can relate to but couldn't properly express myself.
Thank you.. I just got myself drunk, and now I can't reply to replies anymore: )

Reactions: TooMuchToBear
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
For me I feel more the presence of absence / the absence of presence. But I guess the feelings they evoke are similar - feeling numb, not feeling alive, internal emptiness, external emptiness, something missing, something fundamentally disconnected.

Reactions: DivineMedicus, us_1999 and TooMuchToBear
us_1999

us_1999

Fragments of myself
Feb 1, 2021
Yes it sounds quite similar. The presence of the absence seems so paradoxical, impossible, as if it's not supposed to exist.. But when you (I) feel it the feeling is equally weird, intense but uncertain, ungraspable, as if you're feeling something that doesn't exist.
For me I feel more the presence of absence / the absence of presence. But I guess the feelings they evoke are similar - feeling numb, not feeling alive, internal emptiness, external emptiness, something missing, something fundamentally disconnected.

Reactions: wordsonscreen and TooMuchToBear
Q-Dust

Q-Dust

Am literally a rhododendron
Jun 9, 2019
You just put my thoughts into words

• Hugs
Reactions: DivineMedicus, NodusTollens and us_1999