ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Thanks to the admins here for bringing to our attention the EARN IT Act.

How fitting that such legislation is being considered during a pandemic when the public is occupied with trying to avoid dying, and in all of this chaos, do not have the energy to follow what our lawmakers are doing.

A lot of draconian shit get passed and signed into law on New Year's Eve while everyone is busy celebrating the holidays, and hence, each time those in charge can chip away at the Constitution.

As difficult as these times are, we need to practice due diligence on the actions of those in charge who, IMHO are not operating for the common good.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Finis Autem Spero, MiserableBastard1995, Worthless_nobody and 10 others
BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
They say that the bill is for the "protection of children" but I feel that they're going to take advantage for it by censoring whatever they don't like, harmful or not

Reactions: Worthless_nobody, Shinbu, Sensei and 2 others
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
We had a similar act here in Poland in 2010 - 11, it was called ACTA and ACTA2. Passing it led to giant protests from everyone, multiple hacks by Anonymous, so they decided to change it back to how it was before. But I doubt that usa will change any of the bills, theyre too selfish to consider us. Its like the no talking about suicide rule on facebook. Even if you dont intend to kill yourself but are struggling, you cant get help there. But at the same time actual photos of car accidents and naked selfies are accepted. Governments try to push suicidal people to the underground, then act suprised when people kill themselves without ever displaying signs that they want to. This is just another way to censor us, like calling police on someone and putting them in psych ward just for saying that they want to die. This forum became an only place of support for me, and now I feel threatened

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Worthless_nobody, GotoHellforHeavensSa and 6 others
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I'm sorry, but considering Trump is... Well, Trump, this doesn't seem too far off for him.
The question now is whether the world will follow suit, and what can we do about it. All these petition sites do Jack all to prevent it, they just document how many people are happy or unhappy with a thing.

Reactions: Worthless_nobody, Lost in a Dream, ManWithNoName and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Bollocks this is exactly what they are doing isn't it? Using the global panic to pass the controlling crap that they wouldn't otherwise get away with. Seen this happen so many times in British politics too. Sad.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Worthless_nobody, Sensei and 5 others
Una

Una

Write something, even if it’s just a suicide note.
Feb 28, 2020
The 'global panic' itself is one of the controlling tools … humans never seem to tire of desire to control and to be controlled.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, MiserableBastard1995, BlackPoppet and 1 other person
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Yes they will sneak it through and censorship will follow and all from a man who likes secrets, he still hasn't released his tax details prior to his election, he has used every tax loophole in the World to not pay his fair share. All his dirty secrets will come out one day.

As a contingency plan, I saved Stan's guide as a word document.

Cheers Geo

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Worthless_nobody, puppy9, Nem and 2 others
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Seriously now, other than sitting here , talking shit about Trump and his greed, what should we be doing against this bullshit?
Free Hong Kong seems to have failed. It's largely forgotten save for a few echo Chambers, so just spreading the message doesn't seem to be enough.
What do we need to do?

Reactions: Sensei and Halo13
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
Thanks to the admins here for bringing to our attention the EARN IT Act.

How fitting that such legislation is being considered during a pandemic when the public is occupied with trying to avoid dying, and in all of this chaos, do not have the energy to follow what our lawmakers are doing.

A lot of draconian shit get passed and signed into law on New Year's Eve while everyone is busy celebrating the holidays, and hence, each time those in charge can chip away at the Constitution.

As difficult as these times are, we need to practice due diligence on the actions of those in charge who, IMHO are not operating for the common good.
Has this happened before?
We had a similar act here in Poland in 2010 - 11, it was called ACTA and ACTA2. Passing it led to giant protests from everyone, multiple hacks by Anonymous, so they decided to change it back to how it was before. But I doubt that usa will change any of the bills, theyre too selfish to consider us. Its like the no talking about suicide rule on facebook. Even if you dont intend to kill yourself but are struggling, you cant get help there. But at the same time actual photos of car accidents and naked selfies are accepted. Governments try to push suicidal people to the underground, then act suprised when people kill themselves without ever displaying signs that they want to. This is just another way to censor us, like calling police on someone and putting them in psych ward just for saying that they want to die. This forum became an only place of support for me, and now I feel threatened
Has this happened before?

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Good question what can we do a part from SS going to the dark web because i'm sure the UK will follow suit.

Reactions: Sensei, Anon2662 and xBrialesana
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
Good question what can we do a part from SS going to the dark web because i'm sure the UK will follow suit.
Sorry for asking so many times, has this happened before? I just became a new member I didn't even use a vpn when i signed up

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I'm reading about online petitions. Seems like those are a start, but you'd need to figure which ones to sign because some John Doe obviously has less effect than some serious and big guy.

Reactions: Sensei
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
I'm sorry, but considering Trump is... Well, Trump, this doesn't seem too far off for him.
The question now is whether the world will follow suit, and what can we do about it. All these petition sites do Jack all to prevent it, they just document how many people are happy or unhappy with a thing.
Considering "..." is "..." you can fill in any president's name, it would still be the same, regardless of party or individual. Presidents and politicians are mere hand maidens of the elite.

And I agree these petition sites are only indicators of who is / who is not happy with said bill. Only those who take to the streets gets things done, but as long as the internet works and the contemporary version of 'bread and circus' flows, we will probably see the bill pass, yet another nail in the coffin for the U.S. Constitution.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ame, MiserableBastard1995, GotoHellforHeavensSa and 2 others
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I think this page explains online petitions best.
Considering "..." is "..." you can fill in any president's name, it would still be the same, regardless of party or individual.
Yeah, true, I could've worded that better.
Currently Trump is the personalization of evil and stupidity, but he seems to be doing a pretty good job at it.
Obama and Bush did the whole thing in Afghanistan. That's their legacy. Bush in particular caught bin-laden. Obama in particular basically became a "dad president" meme and got out of Afghanistan, iirc.
Trump? Trump is a shit show so big you don't know where to look. This seems to be his thing. Hurting the US and seemingly being manipulated by greedy fucks. Pretty much any president has SOMETHING good that they did for the country, but I can't find such a thing with Trump. He's the Orange Man Bad.

Edit 1: response to @ManWithNoName

Edit 2: Obama and Bush are just the ones who I remember. I don't follow news too much and don't know too much about USA's history.

Edit 3: forgot to mention edit 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Worthless_nobody and ManWithNoName
Anon2662

Anon2662

Just a girl trapped in a psychological prison
Feb 13, 2020
Yeah I was wondering the same like if there is any other back up out there in case this ever does go down for good? I'm gunna sound stupid, but I'm too scared to use the dark web haha!

Reactions: Élégie, Blu_1, ArtsyDrawer and 1 other person
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Yeah I was wondering the same like if there is any other back up out there in case this ever does go down for good? I'm gunna sound stupid, but I'm too scared to use the dark web haha!
Same here. I know tor is involved and something about exit nodes. How to set it up? How to use it? No clue.

Reactions: Élégie, the box is empty, Sensei and 1 other person
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
All politicians are the same..They just approach you with different names/titles..My grandparents told me "if they aint crooked when they get in there,they will be by the time they leave"..Power/ego corrupts..We are all flawed people at the end of the day.

At the time, I couldnt see that.Blinded by so many differing opinions/emotions.I see it now.And Im not even close to thier age and the wisdom they were trying to convey.

I wish I would have paid closer attention to them instead of hairbrain conspiracy theories.Or gangsterism.I bear my soul before the world.

Like Bukowski said..People aint good.

• Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995 and ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
All politicians are the same..They just approach you with different names/titles..My grandparents told me "if they aint crooked when they get in there,they will be by the time they leave"..Power/ego corrupts..We are all flawed people at the end of the day.
Indeed.

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Admittedly, I don't know how the US functions, but I'm reading more and more about it from various sources.
I'm so deep in the rabbit hole, I don't even know where I am anymore.
Many sources point to this: https://act.eff.org/action/protect-our-speech-and-security-online-reject-the-graham-blumenthal-bill
Normally I'm all against spam, but I urge Americans to use this thing and harass their representative to cut this crap before it grows out of control.
I hear you, but I'm quite certain all public emails to public servants automatically get deleted.