L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
There are a lot of variables within one's body but people only see the outside and less than 1% of what really happens in the body and brain. All emotions, feelings, thoughts, pain or complexities means nothing. It's like a long story that nobody reads. The inside is complex while the outside is superficial. Why suffer from complex situations that nobody understands when people only see the looks or words that doesn't even describe a tiny part of the complexity of what happens. What a faulty life, filled with pain and loneliness and misunderstandings.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: hopelessgirl, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, katagiri83 and 8 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This life is certainly very depressing, we all really are so alone. Life is just meaningless suffering for the sake of it, it is all so pointless, more than anything I wish that I never existed.

• Love
Reactions: Life sucks
Sea Turtle

Sea Turtle

She/Her ✨ Achieving True Peace
Aug 12, 2020
No one truly understands or knows what we are feeling except us. A truly unfortunate reality that no one will ever understand yet people are so quick to judge who they think you are

• Hugs
Reactions: hopelessgirl and Life sucks
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Ah, this is about the incommunicability of experience. Yes, it's one of the tragic things of life. Some people build bridges with books, songs of paintings and we get a glimpse into this complex inner world that is never truly understood of others.

Reactions: hopelessgirl
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
This is an unavoidable tragedy of circumstance when the beings that we would like to validate us are equally overwhelmed by their own complexity.

In psychology, heuristics is a term that refers to taking short-cuts in order to make decisions without taking on vast amounts of data. This is what causes people to dismiss others superficially or hold simplistic views over certain topics. One could well conclude that despite the billions of people on the planet, nobody knows what the heck they are doing and nothing anybody says or does carries any real significance.

Reactions: hopelessgirl, Life sucks, katagiri83 and 2 others
Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
the looks or words that doesn't even describe a tiny part of the complexity of what happens.
This is why I appreciate so much art, music, and poetry, or any other forms of expression which we use to give a voice to these things.

The problem is so many people lack empathy. If you are not a sociopath, it becomes easier to relate to others expressions of pain, sadness, and inner turmoil. Either because of extreme privilege, or total self absorption, people these days tend to lack empathy to really communicate this stuff in healthy ways. A lot of our pop culture art is so self aggrandizing, so narcissistic and shallow.

I feel like a lot of people here get it though... but we're all going through something similar enough that we can relate easier, at least I like to think, the support I have found here has been a nice change from other forms of social media.

Reactions: Traveler VII and Life sucks
VoidDesirer22

VoidDesirer22

A dream inside a locked room
Sep 6, 2021
There are a lot of variables within one's body but people only see the outside and less than 1% of what really happens in the body and brain. All emotions, feelings, thoughts, pain or complexities means nothing. It's like a long story that nobody reads. The inside is complex while the outside is superficial. Why suffer from complex situations that nobody understands when people only see the looks or words that doesn't even describe a tiny part of the complexity of what happens. What a faulty life, filled with pain and loneliness and misunderstandings.
This is why we can ctb and have people in utter shock. I play into the fact that my exterior is a superficial representation of my inner world. It is a long story that is impossible to read truthfully. Language falls incalculably short of the mark.

Have you ever attempted to have someone read your inner world as a stream of consciousness? I did and it was flung aside as a burdensome thing. And I was hurt from the experience, while also learning my great dream of being close to a single person on Earth could not be fulfilled. My expectations were already set too high from the outset.

Why read someone else's story when that doesn't distract from the nature of reality? Reading someone's inner world is an exercise in confronting the harshness of reality, because all of us have pain we carry. The strain of this individual pain requires a dynamic dance to avoid feeling it fully. This dance is stifiled by taking on the pain of others.

To quote Peter Zapffe: 'Most people learn to save themselves by artificially limiting the content of consciousness.'

• Love
Reactions: Life sucks
whatevs

whatevs

Jan 15, 2022
This is an unavoidable tragedy of circumstance when the beings that we would like to validate us are equally overwhelmed by their own complexity.

In psychology, heuristics is a term that refers to taking short-cuts in order to make decisions without taking on vast amounts of data. This is what causes people to dismiss others superficially or hold simplistic views over certain topics. One could well conclude that despite the billions of people on the planet, nobody knows what the heck they are doing and nothing anybody says or does carries any real significance.
This probably has to equally with Epistemology as it does with Psychology. After all, we are talking about strategies for knowing/perceiving.

Reactions: katagiri83
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
This probably has to equally with Epistemology as it does with Psychology. After all, we are talking about strategies for knowing/perceiving.
Yes, it's all interconnected. It is to do with biological creatures striving to survive with finite resources, including limited cognition.

Reactions: katagiri83 and whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Jan 15, 2022
Yes, it's all interconnected. It is to do with biological creatures striving to survive with finite resources, including limited cognition.
I like heuristics personally. Finding ways to know less but know better is one of the few things I do semi-well. Or at least to know what I really want to, and forget the rest.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pluto
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, the complexity in the universe is overwhelming. If there's one truth about life, that's it, for sure. Complexity makes things interesting but apparently, it also forbids complete understanding, which means there will always be problems to solve, which, is sorely regrettable I think.

Reactions: Life sucks and katagiri83
dreambound

dreambound

Student
Dec 14, 2021
a thoughtful & well written thread ,thanks op..

• Love
Reactions: Life sucks and hopelessgirl