willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
i've wanted kids as long as i was old enough to understand. i absolutely loved baby dolls and i played with them up until around 11. i treated them like a real baby and was so excited for the day i was older and could have my own baby. that dream never went away. it still hasn't. i desperately want to have my own kids, experience a pregnancy, go through all the milestones. but i know that i can't do that. not only do i not want to carry on my horrible genetics that basically give them an automatic sentence of mental illness, but the world is falling apart before our eyes. it's not fair to bring a child into this world. especially since i will most likely ctb very soon. it pains me greatly. it's all i ever wanted and i know i can't do it

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: onlyway63, lifeisadream, Celerity and 5 others
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
As disappointed as you feel, I personally I find it commendable that you are deciding not to indulge the irrational biological impulse. It's a sign of great compassion and understanding. You specify having your own children, but how about adoption? There are so, so many children already in this world with nothing and no one. This could make a real positive difference (though I have no idea about your resources for childraising, I admit).

Reactions: Hollowman, jodes2 and counting-out-time
flightless bird

flightless bird

somewhere over the rainbow
Aug 18, 2022
You could adopt a kid in need, which is something actually good and worth doing. Otherwise bringing a child into this world is the creation of suffering, and death. Since you are on SS, I'm assuming you are well aware of the unending potential for suffering. So why create it? It doesn't make sense.

Reactions: JJJ and jodes2
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
You could adopt a kid in need, which is something actually good and worth doing. Otherwise bringing a child into this world is the creation of suffering, and death. Since you are on SS, I'm assuming you are well aware of the unending potential for suffering. So why create it? It doesn't make sense.
that is why i don't intend on doing it. and if i ever am mentally stable for a long period of time i may adopt, but as of right now my mental health is not good enough to be in charge of an unassuming child

• Love
Reactions: looseye, flightless bird and jodes2
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I'm sorry you can't follow your dream ❤️ I'm definitely not suitable for kids. Then again I've never really had an interest. The kids would suffer for sure. I'd be a terrible father for a start. And I don't wish my mental health on anyone. Since CTB is heavily on my mind all the time, even if I don't do it for 30-40 years, it would still be wrong to have kids. I just wonder who the fuck is going to look after me when I'm older. I'm selfish like that. No way am I up for changing nappies or funding a kid through college though. Selfish all the way, me

Reactions: Hollowman
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I find it horrific how life continues to be brought into this world, it's an incredibly selfish and tragic thing to inflict this life onto other people. To choose to not bring life into this world means to prevent unnecessary problems and suffering that would inevitably be experienced. It can never be beneficial bringing life here so it's a good thing that you are choosing not to.

Reactions: Mthom2
C

conflagration

Student
Jul 29, 2022
I think you are incredibly responsible. Thank you for not bringing more suffering to this hellhole.

Reactions: willitpass