Janine

Janine

"The man who hunts two bunnies will catch neither"
Mar 18, 2023
Who would you be today if you were rich? Rich- The word alone shows us how seperated we humans are. The rich, wealthy, "good", healthy. Compare that to the things associated with the poor - struggling, depressed, desperate and sick/unhealthy. If you are reading this you belong to the latter, I can bet on that. Or maybe this post spreads further, who knows? Being classified as "poor" doesn't need to make things like broken homes, high rent and struggling to take care of yourself and your family pop up in your head. Not at all. Being poor means you are aware of what you do (and its cost..), even having money as a topic to discuss or to think about apart from bragging shows you're not rich. Mindless, for most. I'm not saying the rich are "bad", hell, some of them help people survive. But where does most of the 'rich' money go? Definetly not to those who need it, there's no need to discuss that. Surving has become what most people live for nowadays. Think about it, would you work for 40+ years if you didn't need it? When was the last time your paycheck's money went into you? When was the last time you thought: "I would love to go there" , "I would love to have that" or "I would love to do that", and then actually did it? What's happening to this world is just wrong. Many people struggle to find the motivation to do the simplest things, because why should you, right? It's not like you're magically going to become rich and have all of your problems solved. It's quite the other way around, isn't it? The costs for the things we need, healthy foods and a roof over our heads are becoming a luxury. How is that possible? Why are the poor getting pulled down even more while the rich just get richer? Why are we letting history repeat?
Thank you for reading. - Janine

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, blanket99 and Forever Sleep
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
People are unfortunately naturally selfish; they are willing to justify abuse of suicidal people just to fit their own curious world views. Humans are afraid of helping others in case it hurts them as a side effect, and will do anything to justify how badly they treat others. I don't see myself as perfect or hospitable but I certainly don't go around abusing others regularly, even indirectly. If only death was an option, things like money wouldn't even be a concern. Sadly, this is just the way the world is and nothing we say or do will change it, unless luck grants us what we wish for. I hope your financial problems improve, living really is such a pain especially when you have to work just to prevent torment.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, blanket99 and Janine
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Yes, rich and poor are about the ability to get what one wants. Euthanasia is expensive, the poor can't afford it, simply because the supply is artificially limited. The procedure itself is very simple. Most people would be poor if all they want is euthanasia but can't get it, even if they have a lot of money.

When dying is difficult and painful, people become good citizens and do bullshit jobs and indulge consumerism to make themselves look useful, rich and less painful. Many people are not struggling to survive. They just don't have a reliable and peaceful method to die.

Reactions: Archness and Janine
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
I am a financially privileged guy and yet, I feel sad.

Reactions: Grayfield
Janine

Janine

"The man who hunts two bunnies will catch neither"
Mar 18, 2023
I am a financially privileged guy and yet, I feel sad.
Sorry if this post offended you or anything. I'm not saying wealthier people can't be depressed, but that is far more unlikely. You are not at the level of rich where an additional apartment isn't a problem, right?

theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
Oh, don't worry. You don't offend me.

I'm not that level of rich but I've met people like that. Some of them feel bad because even though they have material things, their family has a lot of work. That makes them feel bad because they have no loving affection.

Sorry if this post offended you or anything. I'm not saying wealthier people can't be depressed, but that is far more unlikely. You are not at the level of rich where an additional apartment isn't a problem, right?

Reactions: Janine