VoidDesirer22

VoidDesirer22

A dream inside a locked room
Sep 6, 2021
It is reminding me how necessary it is that I ctb sooner rather than later!

The fog is hard to describe, but it's so bad it blocks my brain from learning anything new, as well as minimizing everything I do know to the very basics.

I'm laughing at my dumb fuck brain because I have N now and it cannot trap me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: murmur, Black Sky, artificial_ineptness and 15 others
F

Freedomindeath4me

Student
Apr 6, 2022
May you find peace at the time you choose.

• Hugs
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus and VoidDesirer22
VoidDesirer22

VoidDesirer22

Sep 6, 2021
May you find peace at the time you choose.
Yep, especially since I'm becoming a complaining nuisance on this site.

It is quite insane how we are not emotionally equiped to even handle dying. N is the only method where my SI isn't spiking.

Hopefully the next 2 weeks go fast!
I'll try to not complain until my final post.
{Even then I want to stay composed}
:)

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Lost Magic, AnneRee, CloseFriendofCamus and 5 others
F

Freedomindeath4me

Student
Apr 6, 2022
Yep, especially since I'm becoming a complaining nuisance on this site.

It is quite insane how we are not emotionally equiped to even handle dying. N is the only method where my SI isn't spiking.

Hopefully the next 2 weeks go fast!
I'll try to not complain until my final post.
{Even then I want to stay composed}
:)
You shouldn't think of yourself as a nuisance. Everyone here has a sad story and struggles. And sharing is good.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: AnneRee, wljourney, CloseFriendofCamus and 3 others
VoidDesirer22

VoidDesirer22

Sep 6, 2021
You shouldn't think of yourself as a nuisance. Everyone here has a sad story and struggles. And sharing is good.
Well I am just sick of my own problems as I am stuck in my own head all the time. Other people's problems are fine and I'm happy to try help and listen.

• Love
Reactions: wljourney and TakeMeBack07
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Brain fog is the worst.

Reactions: AnneRee and VoidDesirer22
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
I can relate to the brain fog thing. Feels like I'm stoned—minus the fun bit. Can't process the simplest things. I recently read, here, two folks having a wee discussion/argument, everything logical and on point, and thought "how the hell are they managing that??" Oh well. And you're not a nuisance!

• Hugs
Reactions: myopybyproxy, markimobzzdeasui, TakeMeBack07 and 2 others
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
I think of one thing then something interrupts me and I can't remember what I was thinking about. I will mess up on the simplest things.

I have a memory worse than a goldfish :(

I guess fishes are cool though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, Al Cappella and VoidDesirer22
VoidDesirer22

VoidDesirer22

Sep 6, 2021
discussion/argument, everything logical and on point, and thought "how the hell are they managing that??"
Interesting, as that has happened to me a lot in my life.
It really stood out to me after I read reviews of movies online, or well-written Reddit posts.
As a teenager I was absolutely obsessed and jotted a lot of my memories down, like a diary but a really unhealthy version.

That obsession got replaced by apathy and now I'm waiting at the bus stop to drive off into the void.

I love all of you guys here. This community is a light in the darkness.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Idkaho2, oziinnz, markimobzzdeasui and 3 others
M

MegaGordo

I stepped on the scale; it said "one at a time"
Apr 6, 2022
Do you eat a lot of dairy? It can cause brain fog. Good news if one cuts back on it, it'll clear up in just a few days. A confused, yet uddelry wise, cow let me in on this.

• Yay!
Reactions: myopybyproxy and Al Cappella
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
Do you eat a lot of dairy? It can cause brain fog. Good news if one cuts back on it, it'll clear up in just a few days. A confused, yet uddelry wise, cow let me in on this.
Come to think of it, I do—yoghurt fiend! Might have stop that & see what happens…

Reactions: MegaGordo
M

MegaGordo

I stepped on the scale; it said "one at a time"
Apr 6, 2022
Come to think of it, I do—yoghurt fiend! Might have stop that & see what happens…
I learned this a few months ago. I do a lot of whey protein in my coffee. I'm a space cadet myself. But maybe it's just the stress, melatonin, muscle relaxers. I think I'll try no dairy for a few days, no coffee. Just green tea, and see if that clears the windows a bit.

Reactions: Al Cappella
Q-Dust

Q-Dust

Am literally a rhododendron
Jun 9, 2019
It is reminding me how necessary it is that I ctb sooner rather than later!

The fog is hard to describe, but it's so bad it blocks my brain from learning anything new, as well as minimizing everything I do know to the very basics.

I'm laughing at my dumb fuck brain because I have N now and it cannot trap me.
I read a book and afterward I can't even tell what it was about, Is like my mind is a full hard drive it just deletes it as soon as it gets there

Reactions: myopybyproxy
VoidDesirer22

VoidDesirer22

Sep 6, 2021
I read a book and afterward I can't even tell what it was about, Is like my mind is a full hard drive it just deletes it as soon as it gets there
I have always had my suspicions that my brain has a memory erasing algorithm or something. Sometimes the time it allows me to hold my memories is longer, and other times it is like your book reading scenario.

I am sure it has something to do with depression and the resulting loss of BDNF (brain-derived-neurotropic-factors). In summary, it basically leads to less "dendritic branching and spining," (dendrites are the branches of the neuron that receive electric signals from other neurons) meaning memories are not formed like normal, as the patterned firing of neurons required to consolidate the memory in the hippocampus to store it in long term memory is reduced. I've researched it a lot. Depression is actually linked to brain damage.

• Informative
  • Wow
Reactions: murmur, myopybyproxy, oziinnz and 1 other person
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Complainers make up a large swath of the local population here, there's no reason to feel bad about it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Oh yeah, depression makes you dumber, it's empirically proven by us and scientifically as you said. To me it's an amusing to situation, as I stopped reading and learning years ago but many of the people surrounding me are still oblivious or misinformed about relevant subjects.

The years I spent being smart warrant me a cognitive superiority because even though even a janitor is now quick witted compared to me, they use their wits to chase status, clout and money while denying that the planet will no longer be able sustain 8 billion people in a few years. So I laugh at these healthy-brained lemmings.

Last edited:
Reactions: VoidDesirer22
oziinnz

oziinnz

Mar 23, 2022
I have always had my suspicions that my brain has a memory erasing algorithm or something. Sometimes the time it allows me to hold my memories is longer, and other times it is like your book reading scenario.

I am sure it has something to do with depression and the resulting loss of BDNF (brain-derived-neurotropic-factors). In summary, it basically leads to less "dendritic branching and spining," (dendrites are the branches of the neuron that receive electric signals from other neurons) meaning memories are not formed like normal, as the patterned firing of neurons required to consolidate the memory in the hippocampus to store it in long term memory is reduced. I've researched it a lot. Depression is actually linked to brain damage.
This makes so much sense to me

its-about-time

its-about-time

nope
Mar 19, 2022
My memory majorly sucks. It doesn't really bug me that much because I don't remember what I forget. But it causes a lot of interpersonal issues, sometimes quite significant. And I hate that because there's nothing I can do. Just makes me feel like a huge POS even though it's not my fault. Sucks to suck.

Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
All I can do to watch shows and movies. that's all.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry that you are suffering so much. It must be really awful what you are going through. I hope you find freedom from pain in whatever happens.

rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I appreciate your posts. And I wouldn't call you a complainer. You tell it as it is.

I couldn't remember my post code the other day.

My memory is all over the place due to mental health conditions.

M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
Same, I find it more and more difficult to formulate coherent arguments (? not quite the word I mean, can't think of it at the mo). It's downright depressing knowing that I used to be able to do so much more and now even following my own train of thought - never mind transcribing it for others to understand - is a challenge.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
While I am glad you have access to a peaceful method I know how you feel. Having N has also made my head a whirlwind of mixed emotions. It's as if your brain doesn't fully compute that you have something readily available. It's such a surreal feeling that it is hard to describe. I just hope we all find a way to get past those feelings and be at content with everything.

Jumper Seoirse

Jumper Seoirse

Student
Apr 8, 2022
Brain fog is terrible I had severe brain fog couldn't say my name I was reduced to one word replies if anyone asked me a question I had no energy and was a zombie but what kept me going was reading and writing messages, I decided to stop all medication and I was lucky I didn't suffer a relapse but months after stopping the meds I didn't feel any change and then by chance I found some vitamins so I popped one and noticed a small change so I started taking them daily and touch wood I have recovered. I do get tinnitus but it's not too bad, it comes and goes.

I wish you the best.

Thanks

Jumper Seoirse

• Love
Reactions: Busdriver